~2~

To See You Again

I keep running. I look back and all I can see is a dark, quite woods. The only sounds that fill my ears are my heavy steps and my breathing. No one is behind me, but I’m still running. Why? Why am I running? It feels as if someone is following me, but I can’t seem to see any hint of someone else in the peripheral. For some reason, I continue to run, I feel fear encasing every nerve in my body but I don’t know why.

“Soyoon,” A voice calls.

I trip at the sudden noise. I look behind me and tears fall from my eyes. Why am I crying? My knee stings from the pain, and I feel blood trickle from my scraped knee. Suddenly, I’m not the only one in the forest. My vision blurs before I can see who the perpetrator is.

 

Namjoo opened her eyes and jolted from her bed. It wasn’t hard to miss the fact that she was panting and covered in cold sweat. She rubbed her face and felt tears running down her cheek. She wiped away her tears along with the sweat beading across her forehead. She looked down at her hands and sighed.

“What a weird dream.”

It was a dream, yet, why did it feel so real?

“Why am I crying?” She asked herself. The dream wasn’t even that scary. She had worse and never cried about them.

She watched as her tears dried from her hands and she laughed at how pathetic she had gotten. To be scared by a dream about a chaser.

Namjoo went into her bathroom to wash her face. She looked at her reflection and gasped as she fell back. She saw a girl that wasn’t her, but dang did it look like her. The girl was smiling and had her hair in a low ponytail. She wore a white traditional type dress. Namjoo rubbed her eyes and looked back into the mirror. She sighed as she saw her hair down and messy and wearing her favorite, bright blue hoodie. For a second, she thought she saw a more attractive version of the grudge. Wow… that’s kind of messed up, as the girl looked literally like her. Namjoo shook her head at the thought of her being a narcissist.

Namjoo looked at the clock, 5:21 A.M. It was still early, but Namjoo wasn’t willing to fall back asleep. She got up and put on her hoodie and went out the door.

 

Eunji flipped the page of the book she was reading.

“Why is this book even called Twilight?” She said aloud.

This book had nothing to do with twilight…

First of all, vampires do not shine. We don’t even burn in the sunlight. That was just a stupid stereotype that humans made so it would be more morbid. Also, garlic isn’t our poison; it just smells reallllllly bad (considering we have sharp senses). Sometimes Eunji has a hard time eating Korean food because the garlic is so strong.

“Ew,” Eunji said. “Why would this author waste a whole paragraph describing Edward’s eyelids?”

This book was getting more and more annoying. Finally she put it down and looked at the crescent moon. She ran her tongue over her flat teeth. She grinded them down, but they were already getting their sharp point—she needs to grind them down again. Vampires have sharper canines, but to be honest, it doesn’t really matter because whenever they get hungry or crave for blood, it grows right back. Eunji has learned long ago how to control her hunger. Unlike the amateur Edward who is only a measly 100 years old, Eunji had many more centuries of experience. She looked at the time, 5:21 A.M. She still had time before she had to head for school. She picked the book back up and began to read again.

She couldn’t read. Not because the book was straight up , but because she couldn’t stop thinking about Namjoo. She looked so much like Soyoon…

She didn’t smell like Soyoon at all though. Soyoon smelled of lily and fresh dew—Namjoo smelled like artificial roses. Thinking about it, it was probably because of her perfume.

Eunji got up from her bed and opened the window. She put on her black hoodie and black face mask to hide her identity just in case she was spotted. She looked out and jumped down from her apartment room.

Thank God for engineering advancement. Eunji jumped from the roofs of the buildings. Vampires did have enhanced body performance, but it wasn’t to the extent that many believed. Their super human strength came from human blood, but Eunji was a “vegetarian”. She only drank animal blood. Probably why she was slightly sluggish. Vampires were still way cooler than people though.

Were there even other vampires?

She looked at the convenience store in her line of sight. She wanted ramen. She stopped on top of the building in front of the store and waited for her chance to jump down without suspicion. The door of the store opened and a hooded girl exited with a bag of junk food. Eunji was now more eager to get food. She stood up, but froze as she heard the girl’s voice.

“Stop,” the girl said. “Let go!”

She looked over where the girl went and saw that a group of boy’s was all over her.

I shouldn’t get myself involved.

The boy pushed the girl into an alleyway.

“Cooperate with us and you won’t get hurt,” Another boy said as he took out a knife. He most likely was only using it as a threat as he couldn’t even wield the handle properly, still a knife was a knife and it was still dangerous.

“I’m not going with you,” the girl objected.

The boy pushed her against the wall and pressed the knife against her neck. The girl pushed him off her, causing the blade of the knife to scratch at her neck.

“You ,” The boy said. Soon all the boys were jumping on her, “Grab her!”

One boy pushed her causing her hood to fall off her head. Soon the smell of lilies and sweet blood filled the air. Eunji turned her head at the two familiar scents.

Soyoon.

Eunji’s eyes turned red and her canines emerged as she ran over to the girl. At lightning speed, she hit the boy with the knife. He hit the wall with great force and he collapsed.

“What the hell?” One other boy said as she grabbed his own knife. He slashed at her face, but only succeeded in cutting the side of her mask.

Eunji growled—actually growled—and she launched him back into the wall as well. The rest of the boys were actually smart so they ran before she could send them flying.

The smell of sweet blood hit her nose and she turned to face the girl, her eyes glowing red with thirst.

She locked eyes with the girl, who she recognized to be Kim Namjoo, not Soyoon.

“Thank… you?” Namjoo said.

Eunji didn’t reply, she was so fixated on the blood coming from Namjoo’s neck. How tempting it was.

No.

Eunji bit her bottom lip until blood emerged from the broken skin. Her nose was filled with the scent of her own blood, but Namjoo’s blood was so, irresistible.

“Thank god you didn’t get hurt,” Namjoo said. “I thought you did when he cut your mask, but I’m glad you’re alright.”

Eunji was relieved that Namjoo didn’t see her wound close up right after it was inflicted. Vampires have incredible healing speed so they were hard to kill (unless you send something through their hearts, then their dead).

“May I ask your name?” Namjoo asked. “You were incredible.”

Isn’t she scared? She probably hadn’t picked up on the fact that Eunji was a vampire.

“Nah,” Eunji muttered. “I’d rather not,”

“That’s fine, I understand.” Namjoo said. “But please take this at least,”

Namjoo handed her a ramen pack.

“It’s not much, and it’s quite stupid, but I’m really thankful for what you did,” Namjoo said. “I don’t know what would’ve happened if you didn’t help.

Eunji looked down at the ramen, it was the exact same one she wanted.

“It’s fine, thank you,” Eunji said.

She walked away and when she was out of sight, she jumped up onto the building. She took off her mask and her face felt hot. Namjoo was literally the mirror image of Soyoon. She could feel that her teeth were sharp and her vision was still a red hue. She had to go grind her teeth again. She got up and headed home. Soyoon had smelled of lilies and dew; Namjoo smelled of lilies and sunshine.

 

 

Chapter 2 is done! Sorry for the late update... Hope you like it!