{ Magic #5 }

Winter Magic-- Special Christmas Collection ☆★

"Don't you know it's hard to take care of 2 kids while you're always going on business trips all over the world?"

It was another one of those nights-- except for the fact that it was Christmas-- when the married couple would get into pointless fights over trivial matters. It became somewhat a routine for them nowadays, where they express their discontent with each other openly and frequently.

He scoffs. "It's not like I want to! It's tiring for me as well!" He retorted as he was now standing up.; his anger showing in his eyes.

The 2 children could only stare at their parents' quarrel; they didn't know what they could do to help their beloved parents.

"Do you even care about us?" She asked. Tears were forming in her eyes. She couldn't believe her husband. What happened to the nice and caring guy she met before their marriage? As of right now, she would've never chosen to get married if she were to be like this; but at the same time, she knew she still loved him dearly. That's why it hurts so much for her.

His anger was reaching its peak. How could she say that he didn't care about them? The only reason he's always gone is because he cares about their well-being. He just wanted them to be in a more stable financial condition so they could raise their children in a healthy and happy environment. He just felt so wrongly accused as he clenched his fists.

They were both staring at each other with this longing, yet they were blocked by their disappointment in one another. It was getting tense. Both parties were not backing out. It was about to get out of hand.

Not wanting to make things even worse, she grabbed Kyungsan and Tiffany's hand, "I'm going for a walk." She said with no emotion left in her. She was hurt. She knew she was wrong, as well, for quarreling with him on this matter when she knew of his true intention, and that was only for the benefit of the family. It's just that she's been having these mood swings and she gets irritated by things that usually doesn't bother her; she thinks it's just due to the stress.

But Tiffany, their younger daughter, refused to join her for her "walk." She walked over and grabbed her daddy's hand and held onto it tightly. "Daddy's going to be lonely." She reasoned as she pouted. Her doe eye glimmering with the love for her daddy. She was truly a 'daddy's girl'.

She just looked at her daughter. She was somehow glad that her daughter was going to be there for her husband when she, herself, was not. She didn't voice that out loud for she was too stubborn. "Kyungsan-ah, let's go." She held onto her young son's hand and walked out the door of their once sweet home.

He was somehow rooted to the ground as he just watched his wife leave. His mouth wouldn't let out a sound to stop her.

--

She didn't know where she was going. Her feet was just moving on their own. They soon reached Seoul Park, since they didn't live too far away for there. They sat on an empty bench. Not far from them, a man was selling various kinds of balloon animals. Kyungsan couldn't help but gasp in awe; his desire for one was evident on his face.

Seeing her son's expression, she smiled. She was sad, but her children were always the one's who would make her smile, without any particular reason. "Let's go." She spoke up and led her son to the ballon man. She quickly asked Kyungsan which one he wanted and bought him the blue dolphin balloon. Kyungsan was ecstatic. He wouldn't stop staring at his newly bought balloon.

Her lips curved up into a smile again as she saw how happy her son was. Soon, they were interrupted by some loud music that was playing in the park. Curiosity filled them both as she led her son to see where the music came from and what was going on.

They arrived to see a couple dancing together, joined by a bunch of other people who was enticed to dance as well. The whole atmosphere was filled with the Christmas spirit as people gathered around joyously and danced with so much passion.

She was busy viewing the scene, until her son interrupted her. 'You know appa can dance better than him!" He stated as he pointed at the guy who had started this little dance party in the park.

She could only stare at her son; she was quite shocked to hear his comment. Instinctively, she smiled again, but this time, it was because of her husband. She had remembered her husband on their wedding night. He was so drunk at the afterparty; he was just too happy. Their final dance together was a total mess as her husband had gotten too drunk to even stand properly-- and to dance, was just not accomplishable. As a result, they looked like idiots together with herself trying to support her drunk husband, while he was dancing foolishly in his own world.

It was a disaster, but she had no regrets because she loved him, and it made everything much more memorable for the both of them; she would never forget it. Thinking about this incident somehow appeased all her sadness as she had forgotten about her argument with her husband.

Giggling to herself while she reminisced of the past, she was again cut off by a sudden phone ringing. bwara Mr. Simple, Simple, geudaeneun geudaeneun geudaero meotjyeo....

"Yoboseyo." She answered. Her expression changed to shock, but with a hint of bliss. She covered as she couldn't believe what she was being told. Her heart was racing due to her nervousness. She couldn't seem to express herself clearly, but one could see that she was overjoyed. She needed her other half right now. She needed him.

Without further ado, she bent down to face her son. "Let's go home, Kyungsan-ah." She beamed at her son, who was still mesmerized by his balloon. Kyungsan just nodded and grinned, knowing that he could go home and show his daddy and sister his new prized possession.

As she stood up again and turned in the direction to go back home, she was surprised to see her husband standing within a few feet from her while holding onto Tiffany's hand.

Kyungsan smiled as he saw his daddy and his sister. Tiffany, on the other hand, was delighted to see her little brother as well. They automatically ran to each other as Kyungsan showed Tiffany his balloon, and they began chatting with each other like they haven't seen each other in a long time.

While their children were busy playing, the pair of lovers could only stare into each other's eyes with such longing to be one another's arms again. She was just staring at his face-- the face she had fallen in love with and the face that made her day. Words couldn't express her feelings then. Her eyes started getting teary as she ran to her husband as he did the same.

As soon as they were at a near distance, he pulled her into a tight hug-- he wasn't going to let her walk away again. He loved her and nothing was going to change that.

"I'm sorry, Taeng"

"I'm sorry, Teukie."

They both spoke up at the same time. They chuckled as they realized that they had said the same thing. They both smiled at the fact that they were once again together in each other's arms; they had long forgotten about their fight.

--

Carrying a mischevious smile, she turned to face her husband as they were all walking back home together-- with Tiffany and Kyungsan by each of their sides as the couple walked side by side. She stopped walking.

Leeteuk then turned to face his beloved wife while he stared back at her lovingly-- still without a clue why she had stopped.

"I have a Christmas gift for you." She beamed at him as she looked at his bewildered expression. She took careful steps towards him and inched closer to her husband's face as she gave him a small peck on the lips-- a smile never leaving her face.

He looked shocked at first, but he managed to recompose himself and acted calm. "Is that all you have for me on Christmas? A peck on the lips?" He teased as he pulled her in by the waist, making them inches apart from each other's faces. It was clear that he had wanted more. His desire to just kiss her passionately, and without a second thought was stopped for they, both, had realized the presence of their 2 children.

He let out a disappointed grunt as he let her go. It was difficult with 2 children in their family. The pair could no longer be lovey-dovey with one another whenever they wanted to, but it was also a blessing for them to have Kyungsan and Tiffany as they had made their lives more livelier.

Seeing his disappointed look, she smirked knowingly. She took the initiative to hug her dissatisfied husband as she whispered ever so softly, but definitely audible to him.

"I'm pregnant, again.."

Despite our differences, we will still arrive at the same destination-- simply because we're meant to be.

It's Christmas, so we should celebrate and be grateful for everything that we have, and that we can spend this holiday together, as a family.

 

---

Another one-shot for you all! It's a lot longer than my previous ones, I think. It's my first time writing about this couple, so I still have to get use to it. But I hope you guys and gals can still enjoy it! Last one-shot of the collection will be posted very soon! Please stay tuned! - Christy <3