{ Magic #3 }

Winter Magic-- Special Christmas Collection ☆★

He shuffled around for a right place to look as he nervously spoke. "Let's break up."

Her warm smile immediately faltered as she looked at him with her widened eyes. She didn't know how to react. She was shocked. Just shocked. Nothing more. Her heart was confused as well as her mind. She thought she'd feel at least some level of sadness, but she didn't. She quickly removed those thoughts from her head, because she knew, or she thought she knew, that she loved him.

"Why, Hyunseung-ah?" She just wanted to know why he was so heartless to break up with her on probably the second most romantic holiday of the year, besides Valentine's day.

"Because you deserve better than me. I'm sure you'll find someone who'll love you the way you deserved to be loved. And that person isn't me."

She smiled in the most genuine way possible as she acknowledged his words. I do deserve better. She thought for a second as she turned around and left the man standing there alone without any words of "goodbye."

BULLCRAP.

She didn't think he would be that lowly to say those "you deserve better" words to her when he clearly knew what he had done. He cheated on her. She knew it all too well, but she was willing to give him a chance for she still believed that their love would overcome everything and that at the end of the day, he was going to come running back into her arms. But his words, even though they were a full of bs, woke her up to tell her that he didn't deserve someone as good as herself and that she had the right to be with someone who really knows how to treat her well.

"Are you okay, Hyuna-ssi?" She was interrupted by a man who looked very familiar to her, but she just couldn't put a name to it just yet.

"Junhyung? Does it ring any bells?" He asked hoping she would at least recognize his name. He stared intently at her, awaiting her answer.

"Oh, I remember now. You're from my dance class right?" She smiled knowingly. It wasn't hard to recognize someone whom she had slightly admired. His dance skills were quite impressive, especially his popping. There were many times in class where she would just stare at him to try and mimick his moves, but they all turned out pretty weirdly after she attempted at it.

He nodded while smiling at the fact that she did remember him.

"I'm fine, but why are you here?" She asked out of pure curiosity. It was quite early in the morning for someone to be at the park. There wasn't even signs of homeless men crouching in the somewhat darker corners of the park at this hour.

He shifted a bit. "I was about to ask you if you wanted to be my dance partner for the upcoming competition we're going to have." He asked with a firm voice; there was no hint of uncertainty. It was like, he was sure of his choice.

She stifled a laugh. "You came all the way here, early in the morning, to ask me this?" She couldn't hold it anymore as she laughed. Holding onto her stomach, she continued on. She didn't care if she looked like an idiot, laughing her off.

"Well, let's say, I got some time on my hands, alright?"

Seeing how she thought he was kind of cute and that she would have a high chance of winning the competition with him as her partner, she agreed. "I think I can see your sincerity, so yes, I'll be your partner." She replied as she smirked.

They started walking together as they roamed aimlessly around Seoul park. Their conversation was pleasant as it kept both of them entertained. Unbeknownst to Hyuna, Junhyung was watching at her every expression, not wanting to miss any smile, any words, anything of her. His world was filled with her. She was just too oblivious to not notice.

Their topic of conversation soon led to dance, not surprisingly. He suddenly stopped and showed off some of his dance moves for her. She was amazed, but as Hyuna is, she hid it along with her strong desire to dance with him. Her eyes sparkled as if she had seen a jewel. It was not surprising since she had a love for dancing since she was quite young.

"Come on, dance with me!" He grabbed onto her arm. "Besides, we can kind of practice for our routine here." He further reasoned.

She smiled. Her heart was telling her to go all out and dance, but her mind was telling her to not make a scene in the park. But, they always say to follow your heart, and that was what Hyuna did. She began to dance along with him, although there wasn't any music.

Soon, as Hyuna had expected, there was a huge crowd watching them. Their dance skills had attracted many viewers, young and old. Many people joined in on the fun and started dancing and one person even brought a boombox, so music was then played.

Hyuna and Junhyung enjoyed it all; their ability to gain such a big crowd and their closeness to each other. Smiles never left their faces. Everyone seemed to be enjoying this little show during Christmas day.

The songs then came to an end as the crowds were cheering. With a finishing move, Junhyung swiftly wrapped his arms around Hyuna's waist as he pulled her in towards him; their faces just inches apart. Their excessive breathing caused by how tired they were from dancing and from the unusual distance they were from each other. The crowd cheered even louder at the sight of the "couple."

Her face was heated due to her blushing as she realized her heartbeat was abnormal. She instinctively pushed him away as she regained herself. Hyuna walked off from the crowd. She was confused. Why was he able to increase her heartbeat like that? That question never left her mind as she continued walking.

His face fell a little as she pushed him away, but he hid it with a slick smile. Walking away a little faster to catch up with her, he bumped into a couple that were running as he mumbled a quick sorry and sprinted forward again.

"Hey, wait up!" He shouted, trying to make her stop or at least slow her down.

She stopped, but not because of his shouting, but because of the person in front of her. She stared at him with blank eyes, with no feelings or emotions; it was almost like a glare, but she witheld herself from doing that.

Junhyung went up to her upon seeing her with her rooted to the ground. He immediately looked at the direction she was looking at and saw what she saw. He didn't understand what was going on, but he was definitely going to find out, somehow.

The man approached Hyuna with a sorry-I-made-a-mistake kind of look. He reached for her hands which she shook off. "I was kidding about today." He spoke up. "I never meant to break up with you. It was a joke, alright?" He tried justifying his actions as he reached for her again.

Hyuna scoffed. "Oh yeah right. You were kidding through our whole relationship anways, Hyunseung." She spoke bitterly. Her heart didn't waver one bit. She was done with him; their was no turning back. He destroyed all her hopes.

"No, it's not like that." He explained as he proceeded to hug her, but she shrugged him away once again.

She scoffed yet again. "You're really pathetic, you know that? But thanks for letting me realize what I truly deserve. Someone a lot better than you."

Somehow this statement made him angry as he slammed his fist against the wall and proceeded to try and kiss her. His attempt was backfired when Junhyung came and pulled him away. Junhyung threw a punch at him. The man's lips were already bleeding as Junhyung punched him again which caused him to fall to the ground. "She's with me now. Don't you dare touch her, you jerk." His words were full of possessiveness and the will to protect the girl he loved no matter what.

Hyuna gasped. She didn't expect Junhyung to do that. Her eyes widened as she tryed to sort through all the things that happened, but Junhyung didn't let her do that as he pulled her along to run.

As they reached a far distance from Hyunseung, he stopped and let them both rest and breath. His eyes never leaving her.

She turned to face him. "That was quite the revenge, wasn't it. Thanks for your help." She smiled sincerely, extremely grateful that he was there.

He smirked, a little too knowingly. "Who said I was just helping out?" He voiced as he leaned in front of her and captured her lips.

Her eyes widened again at what he did. All the symptoms came back to her again: the heat, the redness, the abnormal heartbeat. She couldn't help herself but the return the kiss; it was so unlike her.

Their lips only parted when they were out of breath. He couldn't stop smiling as Hyuna didn't reject him, but instead, returned the same feelings; at least he thought so since she actually responded to his kiss. He was overjoyed in his heart, but he kept his cool on the outside.

Hyuna looked at him. He was different from the way he usually looks. Beads of sweat were on his foreword from everything they did today. Even though he might look like a mess to some, somehow he looked like he was glowing to Hyuna. Without even knowing herself, her lips curved up into a content smile.

I think I've found him.

-

"Why are you always so bold?"

"Because that's the only way I can get your attention."

This Christmas, two strangers come together to share their love and interests with one another with excitement and surprises. This special occasion surely allowed them to develop a type of intimacy like never before.

 

------

Sorry for the delay! Here it is! I hope you guys will enjoy it! - Christy