CHAPTER TWO: HERE COMES

NOT BITTEN (a The Walking Dead fanfiction)

 

★   ★   ★   ★   ★

 

Krystal and Kai sneak their way back to the building in fear of seeing the man earlier and when they got to the entrance the blood and human remains greeted them to where the bouncer once stood.

Ugh. Kai covered his mouth with the back of his hand. What happened here?

I told you. Krystal snapped. Cannibal. Come on.

Kai didn't believe the girl before but now he's starting to.

The two entered the party and was shocked to see everything so... normal. The people inside are oblivious to what just happened, to the guy by the dumpster and to their bouncer.

We have to tell these people what happened outside! Kai shouted to Krystal's ear to compete his voice with the noises inside.

Look around. It's either these people are high or drunk. Or both. It's no use. Let's just get Key. Krystal said as she pushes off through the crowd.

How are we going to find him in this crowd? Kai stopped her and left them standing in the middle of the dancefloor.

Krystal thinks for a minute until she came up with an idea of where her friend might be. Classic Key. She snickers. I think I know where he is.

 

★   ★   ★   ★   ★

 

Hmm. Key moaned from the heated kiss he is sharing with Baekhyun.

Ah... ugh... Key and Baekhyun heard and movements on the next cubicle.

Looks like we're not the only one with the same idea. The two giggled and continued their makeup session.

Get ready... Key announced in a seductive voice as he gets down on his knees and reach for the other guy's zipper. Baekhyun prompts his hands on the opposite sides of the bathroom cubicle to prep himself.

As Key was about to slide down the zipper there came a knock from the door. What the-...  Occupied! Key yelled to the intruder.

Still, a second knock came in.

I said occupied! You moron! Key opened the door and sees the horror on the other side.

Krystal? Kai? Key blurted in bewilderment and shock to see his two friends together inside the men's bathroom.

Key, come on. We came to-

Ugh. Krystal jabbed Key's stomach sending him on a crouched position.

...rescue you. Kai finished his sentence, taken aback at the girl's actions.

You . Key coughs as he holds his stomach.

That's for leaving me. Krystal coldly said.

I didn't leave! I'm still here, aren't I? Key yelled back, still coughing and holding his stomach.

You left me, passed out, on the both, by myself, after drinking your happy juice, just so you could hook up with a boy in the men's bathroom!! Krystal continues to hit Key.

Krystal! Stop it! Kai and Baekhyun stepped in the way but couldn't do anything less than keeping Krystal from kicking Key.

Step out of the way, Bacon! Krystal bellowed.

It's Baekhyun, but... whatever. Baekhyun says to her in monotone, like being called bacon has happened to him before. Too many times.

Stop! Stop it! Key yelled as Krystal grabs a handful of his hair.

Let go of my hair! Key yelled as he holds on for his dearly beloved hair.

I'll never let go! I'm going to pluck all the hair in your body and shove it up your a- Krystal silenced and so did everyone when something washed its way down their shoes, the neon light inside the bathroom making it impossible to identify the liquid.

Ugh. These are designers! Those es! Key held up his shoe one at a time to check them. Later he pounced on the door. Yah! Come out from there! Key knocked mercilessly on the cubicle door.

Krystal tested the water or in this case, Blood, she realized when seeing how it sticks in her boot.

Key... stop it. Krystal said in a hushed tone and grabs her friend away from the door.

Baekhyun stood beside Key and pushes him aside. Come on, babe. Let's just go.

The door to the cubicle burst open and...  Argh... A man came out and bit on Baekhyun's shoulder.

Ahhhhhhh! Baekhyun screamed as he feels his flesh tears by the man's teeth.

They were all taken aback for a second, and it was Key who broke the shock they were in.

Baby! Key jumped in between the two immediately. Let go of him!

Kai helped released the man from Baekhyun. When the boy was finally released, Krystal kicked the man back inside the cubicle and slammed the door shut.

Rawwwr! The man pounces on the door. Krystal held her back to the door to keep the man in, Kai followed suit, then Key and the bleeding Baekhyun.

What the was that?! Key was flabbergasted.

A cannibal. Kai answered.

Oh hell no. I don’t do cannibals. I have to get out of here. Key bolted for the bathroom door.

Key!! Krystal yelled to her friend who ran for the door.

As soon as Key opened the door, a woman tried to jump at him. Ahhhhh!!! There was another one on the other side of the door. This time, it was a woman, trying to claw Keys face with its perfectly manicured nails.

Key tried to shut the door but the woman's arm was caught in the way. Arrwwwr! The woman growled from the other side, clawing its way in.

Ahhhhh! Out! Out! Out! Key slaps the woman's arm over and over and keeps pushing on the door until the woman's arm fell off and he was able to shut the door again and lock the knob. Whatever that thing is... it’s got friends.

The pouncing on the cubicle door continues.

There! Krystal pointed to the bathroom window.

Key immediately assisted Baekhyun. Hop in! Baekhyun used Key's crossed hands as a step and jumped out of the window.

Krys! Your turn! Krystal ran to her friend and copied what Baekhyun did. She used Key's hand as a step and jumped out the window.

As soon as Krystal was out of the bathroom window, the first thing she sees is an unconscious Baekhyun. She jogged to the boy and rests his head in her lap.

Bacon! Yah! Wake up! She taps his cheek lightly.

Tsk. We need to get you to a hospital. Krystal blurted to herself.

No. No hospital. Baekhyun answered weakly. My d-dad's going to kill me. He pointed to his chest.

Well, he can't kill you if you're already dead. Now, can he? Krystal bellowed and regretted it afterwards in seeing the boy's condition.

Baekhyun is getting pale and he is breathing unsteadily, he needs immediate help and their two friends are stuck in a bathroom with a man-eating cannibal. She couldn't wait any longer.

Krystal took off her jacket and prompt it as Baekhyun pillow. She caressed the boy's hair lightly and said, Don't worry. I'll get you help. Just hang in there.

Krystal saw flashes of car headlight. She runs after it, but lost it when it turned in a corner. She tried to cut it by jogging in the next alley into the road. And perfectly, there it is, about a block away.

Krystal waved to the car. Hey! Stop please! I need help! And just when it looks like it wasn't stopping. Krystal let out a deep breath walks slowly in the middle of the road.

 

★   ★   ★   ★   ★

 

Kai! Key yelled to the boy, still by the cubicle door, blocking the man from getting out.

I can't! He'll get out! Kai yelled back, veins starting to appear in his temple and arms in strain.

Key looked around the bathroom for anything to use,

Toilet paper... No. Hand wash... No. A woman's arm... hell to the no. There! Key entered one of the cubicles and came out with a plumber.

Ha-ha! The diva laughed triumphantly. Okay. Open the door slowly and hold him while I knock him out. He ordered.

Kai opened the door and the man ran straight to the sink in front of him and towards Key.

I said slowly!! Key yelled, extending the plumb towards the man, closing his eyes. Aaah!!

Raaawr! The man shoot straight for the plumber and his face in it.

Kai tapped Key's shoulder and smiled at the diva. Good job.

Key opened his eyes and sees the man aimlessly walking around the bathroom. Yeah. I meant to do that. Key straightened his clothes and walked to the window.

Come on. Kai crossed his hands and Key stepped on it and shoots himself out of the window.

Ow. Key landed on his face, he then felt for his cheek which now is bruised.  Kai landed on his feet and assisted the diva up.

Key immediately fixed himself beside Baekhyun while Key turns his head in every direction and scanned the corners. Baby... Key scans Baekhyun’s face. We need to get him to a hospital.

No! Baekhyun beckoned. I can't. My dad's going to kill me. No hospital. No hospital… The boy said deliriously.

Shhh… of course, baby. As you say, no hospital. Key reassured the boy in a soft voice while caressing his hair, drifting him back to sleep.

Okay. We need to get him to a hospital. Key turned to Kai.

Where's Krystal? Kai asks, but more to himself rather than to Key.

 

★   ★   ★   ★   ★

 

Please... Krystal whispers. Staring dead straight to the car, unblinking, there's only about six meters now, and the car swerved in stop but the speed earlier causes it to slide down the road and still on its way to hitting her.

About merely a ruler away, the car stopped finally, revealing the driver slightly thrown forward and with its eyes shut while clutching on the steering wheel tightly.

The driver opened its eyes and meets Krystal's gaze.

Krystal smiled in finally seeing the driver.

 

Blonde hair.

 

With llama-like eyes.