CHAPTER ONE: HIGH ON PIN

NOT BITTEN (a The Walking Dead fanfiction)

 

*******

In a nameless building, one that no one would ever bother taking a second look at as they passed it by, inside, lies a crowd of teenagers having the time of their life, alcohols everywhere and a couple of designer drugs is being passed around, still, a particular brunette stays sober, a very pissed brunette at that.

What the hell, Key? You said we were not going to take long. Krystal groaned to her very drunk friend who tricked her into coming to the party, saying that they would just drop by to check out a guy he recently met, someone whose name rhymes with Bacon, and then be on their way. She should've known not to trust him otherwise. Yah! Kim Kibum! Krystal tugged on her diva of a best friend who is so ever occupied by its new boy toy.

Just a sec, baby. Key said to the guy on his right, smiling sweetly at him, before turning back to his friend. What is your problem? The very stylish boy slurred, evidently pissed.

You, Mister, said that we would just drop by. Hello? Earth to Key. It’s been two hours. Krystal sassed.

Yeah? What’s your problem? He laughed to himself gaining a dismayed look from the girl.

Uhh… maybe the fact that we’re still here?!

So I lied. Key shrugs his shoulders. What’s new? Just drink your happy juice. The boy dismissed his friend and turned his attention back to the guy he was flirting with earlier.

What? I don’t believe this. The girl huffed. Just drink your happy juice. Krystal mimics the boy. Fine then.  Krystal gulped down her pink drink in one go, right then, she felt a little hazy, but as her friend said, happy juice. Happy juice.

Ew. That does not taste like pink. Krystal coughed, still... Waiter! She called for another drink. And another one after that. And another one after that. And maybe… she had another one after that last one. She couldn’t remember. She just wants to get through the night, pushing off guys hitting on her while drinking her happy juice.  And if Krystal’s hazy vision isn’t betraying her, then she sees her friend leaving with the Bacon guy.  Then all was black.

Krystal gained consciousness to find her alone in the booth, but  then she remembers that Key left her. Classic Key. She gathered her things and started walking away, pushing off her way through the bodies dancing, or more likely, grinding, on the dance floor.

She sighed of relief when finally outside of the building. The bouncer looked at her suspiciously making her feel uneasy. Actually, everything about the place makes her uneasy. She slowly walks away from the place. Even though, she does not have the slightest idea of how to head back home nor where she is now. All thanks to her best friend.

 

He...help. Krystal heard a weak voice coming from the alley adjacent to her, causing her to stop, then came the gurgling sound she doesn't recognize. And although she sobered up a bit from the nap there was still a light buzzing in her head, making her doubt herself in hearing things.

Nervous as she is, she still head for the source of the voice. She wanted to call the person out but come on, there’s no streetlight, she's in a sketchy alley and she’s pretty sure her drink was spiked. Yup, going to the creepy voice would be the worst idea ever.

She was about to turn away but, there, just behind the dumpster, she see a man lying on the ground, his insides spilling on the asphalt, and with another man… eating his flesh?

 Krystal gasped, not believing what lies in front of her.

Help... me... Krystal meets eyes with the person on the ground, stretching its hand to her.

No. It's not realShe closed her eyes, forcing the scene out of her head. But when she opened them again, it's still there. She was rooted in place and then started getting short breaths. The cannibal perked its head up to Krystal, revealing its hollow eyes and a knife struck in its heart. The man is dead. Or was dead, seeing how it still moves. Krystal wasn't sure. The cannibal moved away from the body and growled at Krystal as it heads towards her.

Krystal gets the feel of her leg back and jogged out of the place, tears running down her face and slightly out of it. She wasn’t sure where she was going and just lets her feet take control of her body just to get away from the place. Then someone grabbed her.

Krys? Krystal jumped in surprise. She turned around to see Kai with a confused look on its face. Are you alright? What happened?

I- I just s-saw... uh.. Krystal is having a hard time forming the words out. Because, to tell the truth, she isn't sure of what she saw.

She then remembers. The man lying on the ground. His gut exposed in the open. And another man with hollow eyes, blood dripping from his mouth and a knife struck in its heart, somehow alive, is eating the other person’s insides,

We have to go! Krystal grabbed the collar of Kai's shirt and tug at it and dragged the boy away, not giving him a chance to collect his thoughts.

Wait. Wait. Wait. Kai pulled on his friend. Krystal. Stop! This time Kai grabbed the girl.

Kai, we don’t have time- Krystal tried to touch the boy’s arm but he backed away raising his hands in the air.

No. You don’t have time? I can’t believe this. Krystal, you can’t just grab me and hold my hand like everything’s okay between us. It doesn’t work like that.

Just trust me, okay? Krystal tried to get a hold of Kai.

No. Kai backed away.

Krystal huffed. Why can’t anyone just trust me for once? Am I really that messed up? Who am I kidding? I am that messed up. Krystal whispered to herself in frustration.

I did one thing for myself one time. This time, Krystal starts kicking on the clatter near them. ing one timeShe kicks on a can sending it to the wall. Then everything went to hell.  She then kicks on a stone sending it crashing at a nearby window glass. Argh! Krystal ruffled her hair in frustration and sat with her back against the wall.

Krys… are you... okay? Kai asked the girl, regretting all that he said earlier in seeing the girl explode,

He dropped on one knee to be on the girl’s eye level. Hey. I’m sorry, okay? Are you okay? Kai repeated his earlier question as he deemed it necessary.

Krystal composed herself before answering. Yeah. I’m okay.

Are you sure? You seem out of it. What happened?

Krystal stared at Kai for a good ten seconds and bit her lip out of habit, contemplating what to answer to the question. I saw… someone… something… eat a man back down at the alley.

Krys… are you high? Did Key give you something? Because if he did, just say the word and I’m going to beat the crap out of him. Kai offered, touching the girl’s shoulder.

What? I’m not on drugs. Or at least she thinks she isn’t. And don’t worry I can kick Key’s a-

.  Krystal stood up in attention, realizing one very important thing, and dropping Kai’s hand off her shoulder in the process.

What? What is it? Kai asked as he stood up, concerned for the girl.

We have to go back. Krystal look him dead in the eye.

Why? Kai asked concern for Krystal’s unusual behavior.

 

Because that son of a is still in there.

 

 

 

*******

A/N: First chap done! Thanks for reading, people. To tell the truth, it was actually a Bethyl story of the walking dead that I decided to adapt into a Kryber fic but then the story plot just wasn’t fitting for them that I wrote a whole new plot and a whole new story. Practical. Well, I hope you guys like it as I enjoy writing it.

And oh, right, don’t hate me for making Krystal’s character swear a lot. Somehow it makes things kind of... entertaining. Yup. Peace out.