Friendly Hug

AmP: The American Project Begins

B.A.P had to get to know Hyun Ki through texts since she had to spend the first seven months receiving training from professionals. During that seven months she ended up getting one fifteen minute rise to fame when the six boys went on Weekly Idol. She accidentally called during filming and the two hosts let it slide after discovering it's a female. Hyun Ki had talk to for awhile due to the two hosts stealing Himchan's phone. “What's your name?”

“Shin Hyun Ki. Nice to meet you.”

“What do you do Hyun Ki ah? What's your relationship to Himchan ah?”

“He's my friend. All six are. I'm not allowed to tell my job. It's a secret.”

The host nudges Himchan, “Is she your girlfriend?”

He shakes his head. “Hyunnie is a trainee that I help with her vocals.”

“A trainee? Ah! No wonder it's a secret! Hyun Ki ah! Are you gonna debut soon? You have to promise to be on the show when you do.”

“I already asked if I could. I'm a fan.” The two hosts get flustered hearing this. Hyun Ki asks to return to practice so the show continues on as usual. No other mentions of Hyun Ki. Two weeks after the incident on Weekly Idol, Hyun Ki is waiting in the practice room for them. Everyone greets her awkwardly save for Himchan. The six men's manager tells them that this would mark the beginning of their training together. Naturally Hyun Ki despite having gotten close to them through the past seven months is blushing and hardly talking. When she does it's near perfect Korean. She seemed to get some words easily confused for others.

“The songs have been picked out. Yongguk here's fifteen songs. There only needs to be roughly seven. A track for each of you to duet with her then one which the CEO wants to only feature her voice. If you want more or less then just make sure each of you takes a part on a song. One song will have to be just her though.” Everyone gathers around Yongguk so they could look over the songs. True to the CEO's word the entire time she's with B.A.P some form of camera is filming them. Himchan tries to distract her by asking to pick a song she likes. Looking through them all, she settles on one titled Broken. “Can I do this one with you?”

Himchan looks surprised. “Me?”

Hyun Ki nods. “It reads like it'd be good for someone with a deep voice.”

“Why not Yongguk?”

“No rapping.” She watches the others trying to pick songs. Yongguk with such a look of concentration. Young Jae seemed amused by the paper. Even Daehyun too seemed amused. “What is it?”

“Did you listen to our latest single? That's My Jam?”

She nods smiling. “I liked it.”

“Do you know Zelo's part?”

Hyun Ki blinks thinking back to it. “Something about whipping it out. ...are they all about ?”

“The one you picked isn't.”

Hyun Ki looked through the others finding Daehyun right. A good portion are about . She turns bright red. “I can't sing about...that.”

The subject was dropped for the sake of the viewing audience. However the began to wonder about why she couldn't. Since Yongguk didn't have five spare songs on hand it meant that they had to it up and use the ones before them. Himchan would do Broken, a song about the pain of past lovers. Daehyun would do All Firsts, a song literally about all firsts. Young Jae and Jong Up would do Kitten, a very strange love song. Yongguk let Daehyun pick the song since he and Zelo couldn't decide. They got Flowers. A song about seducing a woman.

“I guess you pick the one for just you.”H yun Ki looks over the eleven songs till she comes to one. Reading it slowly to let the message sink in. “This one!”

Yongguk hands to the chosen songs to their manager. They decide to test her skills for the rest of their time in the practice room. She kept up with them easily enough. She ended up leaving early for a photo shoot. B.A.P came along halfway through given that they needed some time to actually practice themselves. If they didn't have inappropriate thoughts of Hyun Ki yet then they had plenty to fuel those thoughts now. She sat in front of the camera in a very tight, very small dress. Hyun Ki currently sat with her legs crossed. She took a break seeing them immediately coming to greet them.

“I didn't think you'd finish first.”

“Were you gonna back to practice after this?”

She nods, “It's my free time so..”

“I do not accept this! I will not let my hoobae work herself to death on her free time. You are going to hang out with me.”

“And what do you propose we do?” Himchan didn't have an answer. Hyun Ki went back to her shoot and the six were informed that they had to pick out the best pictures matching the album theme. After several tries and flustered attempts four pictures are chosen. The photographer left as soon as he could. B.A.P left soon after with Hyun Ki in tow. She got to go into the six men's dorm since they didn't want her to practice the rest of the night. Instead she ended playing games with them until Himchan fixed dinner. Hyun Ki ate with them enjoying herself. Himchan let Daehyun walk her to her building. The walk ended up turning into a walk to her dorm. He knew better than to try to get inside. She hugged him explaining that she usually hugged her friends goodbye.

“See you tomorrow Daehyun ah.”

“Yeah...uh Tomorrow.”