Not lost, Just traveling

Not lost, Just traveling








 Magic is a force thrumming under the skin where mortal beings just can't reach. Or that is what small wide-eyed and impressionable children are taught in the academy. Jungkook knows for a fact that is not the case, but instead a simple way to curb ruinous thoughts and urges in the imaginative worlds of children unshackled by the high ones inner enchantments can bring.



Jungkook can't relate to that, however, since he had never forgone ignoring the pleasant pulse under his skin when he reached and reached into the pool of power he could feel was there. Perhaps not abstaining from the wonders all could reach was what pushed him to learn more.



It started with books, many of them taken from their snug place on an oak shelf and returned months later. Most never returned in the same condition.



Fire had a way of making everything look stunning when wrapped in flames and ash falling as an old skin.



He was never so prideful to think that he would be able to continue his own studies as a child, that would be beyond inane. Jungkook is young and making his first steps into school that will be his home and where he will get the first legal taste of the power.



He excels in his classes, transfiguration and elemental manipulation special cases. Practice really does make perfect.



It is months after his enrolment that his professor shows any sort of suspicion and it's small in ways of asking Jungkook to stay after, to repeat his actions from class, to try something else any other spell.



It is then with the words,” Jungkook-ah, why don't you try anything else from class?” that he messes up with him wanting to show his progress from sneaking tomes and delving into them night after night.



In class the student body of first-years are only taught the basics, how to coax their magic forth and make something of it. A wisp or flare of colour, not veil an object in pure life force and hide it. When Jungkook realizes his mistake his professor's face is a mask and there is a growing fear that his teacher will expel him from the academy. It is after all against the rules to tamper with anything above their grade level.



“Cloaking,” His professor starts fingers snapping revealing the potted plant on his desk.”Is not something most students understand. So Jungkook would you like to explain?”



He can feel his face burning as he answers, hands twisting in his uniform shirt. If he just concentrates hard enough Jungkook can feel his professors energy pushing against him. It is oppressive and make the air around him near impossible to breath Jungkook wonders if this is something he will be able to do one day.



There is a sigh and he fights the need to look at his teachers face. There are crescent shaped creases in his shirt. “You are not in trouble, but there will be consequences.”



Jungkook wants to whoop with joy, but he stays still and waits for the other to finish. “And, Jungkook-ah, if you're going to steal books from the library I might as well give access to the scrolls. No need for those to go missing also.”



Jungkook's head snaps up and he stammers out, “Y-you knew?”



His answer is a wave of the hand and a wink his professors face able to put an imp to shame. “Like we wouldn't notice school property going missing.”



And then Jungkook is herded out head ducking in thanks as he rambles before rocketing off to the library.



There is a whole new section calling him and he has never been one to ignore when his body sings.



Nights not spent preparing for class presentations or test are all but devoured in scrolls and tomes and books all speaking of how to manipulate oneself off his plane and onto another, what mimicry can do outside of the academy (Much of what he comes to understand is not legal), the sources of all of this are still damaged at some point in their use and soon enough Jungkook will have to dedicate some time to reading through techniques and spells to fix the accidental damage.



Rather soon too, since the librarian has threatened to revoke even entry into the archives. Her wards are not something Jungkook will ever believe he can get past. The scars aren't worth the trouble anyway.



The one on his cheek is enough of a reminder of the pain they can cause.



Healing spells, do not work like how Jungkook expects them to. They do not patch skin as they fix and replace the muscle memory or the skin tissue. Or as his professor said, “Healing is not a physical manipulation of creating new limbs or blood cells, but it instead is like time and rewinds to a time when you had something.”



The explanation had made no sense to him then and even now as he pours through the assigned texts he does not understand. How can it rewind time, but not disrupt the physical place? Why does it not rewind everything?



To his understanding, healing spells are like time-travel, but only partly. Maybe that's why people that are healed are always groggy and disoriented after the body is repaired?



One day Jungkook vows he will understand. That day is not today.












He is now in his third year at the academy and Jungkook is getting his first roommate. He is not expecting much.



As it turns out his roommate is a mother-hen and makes really good meals. A tad wacky with his obsession with pink, but other than that Seokjin is not bad. Even better, his roommate can actually explain why the hell healing is not just full-blown time travel. And yes, he's been struggling with it for two years.



The explanation is long and Seokjin doesn't allow questions while he speaks so by the end of the whole ordeal Jungkook both understand more and is also simultaneously baffled beyond belief. Healing is some ed up thing, that can eventually cause more problems than it's worth.



Sure, it allows someone to continue on without fail, and keeps someone unmarred, rejuvenates people and cures them of sickness but it damages just as much as it helps.



When Seokjin explains the unfortunate things from healing Jungkook wants to swear off ever having that kind of magic near him. Losing the ability to feel? Never having an excuse to just stop at some point? Essentially being ripped back from the dead and into your body again, and it's not being considered necromancy?It is not a way to live.



It doesn't help in the least that Seokjin has witnessed all of what he's told Jungkook and has explained to him who the people were. At some point after staying together and months after Seokjin parroted his tales, jungkook's roommate breaks down.



Jungkook doesn't ask and just wraps his elder up in any spare fabric he can find before requesting the dean to give Seokjin leave from his duties as a healer. The look the dean gives him makes his heart clench as the old woman heaves out a weary sigh and agrees.



He never does ask Seokjin what caused him to collapse. It seems wrong as if he were intruding somewhere he does not belong.




Jungkook continues to surpass most of his classmates and soon enough he will be taking potions and summoning. The thought of what he can call forth makes him giddy just as the idea of being able to go out and collect his own ingredients for class fills him with trepidation.



Seokjin does not share his emotions when Jungkook tells the upperclassman.



“You shouldn't take summoning. It will do nothing but harm you in the long run.”



They are sitting at the table and Jungkook has food shovelled into his mouth as Seokjin speaks. Swallowing. he blinks and shuffles in his seat.



“How so?” He asks warily reaching for one of his roommates charms to play with. Seokjin lets him, mouth pulled into a tight line.



“Familiars despite what our professors want us to believe are not necessarily...helpful.”



“But they help with gathering herbs, and provide protection. That's helpful isn't it?”



Seokjin shakes his head wrapping a hand around jungkook's arm to tug him away from the table and to where he keeps all his books. Seokjin has never allowed Jungkook near his bookshelf and now in this situation, Jungkook doesn't want to go near it.



They end up on the floor Seokjin's hand still wrapped around one of his wrists as the other flips through a large leather bound book.



“You can do all of that yourself though, can't you?” He continues looking through the book as Jungkook nods leaning into his side.



“I guess, but having something else with me would help keep my nerves down y'know?”



His roommate laughs finally pausing as he nears the end of the book. “Then just ask someone to accompany you. Jimin would be over the moon if you ever asked him for something.”



Jungkook nods because it's true. Jimin is yet another upperclassman Jungkook has had the pleasure of meeting, though the circumstances could have definitely been better since Jimin specializes in magic negation. And his first experience with said magic had him falling to his knees as his own magic was stripped from his body. It had left him dry-heaving on the ground and incoherent throughout his stay in the medical ward.



In one of his bouts of coherency Jungkook had been witness to Seokjin, sweet, nice Seokjin tearing Jimin a new view of the world. He had never witnessed Seokjin pissed before. Mad? Sure, but never pissed at someone and it oddly made him feel warm.



Him and Jimin hit it off rather fast after he recovered even when Seokjin would full-out glare at the other. Jungkook learned the other subject Jimin specialized in: bone manipulation. They don't talk about it.



“Yeah, maybe. Though I think Jimin would keep me from messing with anything because 'it might be dangerous' or 'let me do everything'. Not that it's bad, but it would take much longer than usual.”



His roommate hums ruffling Jungkook's ebony hair. “Yeah, but still better than a familiar.”



“Why are you so against them?



He gets passed the book and Seokjin just looks at it. jungkook sets to reading.



It is full of things he's already read. How to summon a familiar, how to tame a familiar, the basics.



Jungkook raises an eyebrow. “And this is supposed to convince me of what again?”



“Did you not read on how they live off you? As in, they  the life out of you like a leech?”



He shrugs. “I read it, but it's only a little bit that they take. I'll be fine.”



Seokjin does not agree with him. “You're going to take the class still, aren't you.”



It's not a question and Jungkook just smiles gums showing.



“I hope you realize that I'm the assistant in the class.”



“W-what?”



Seokjin just looks at him smugly eyes slits and mouth tugged into a Cheshire cat smile.



Standing, he goes to the kitchen.



“See you in class next week.”



Jungkook burrows his head in his knee. Seokjin won't let him do anything in class or let him summon anything that's not a damn pixie. “You are officially the worst hyung ever!”



Summoning goes just as he expected. Seokjin does not allow him to do anything other than take notes and watch older student demonstrate. It doesn't stop him from having childish thoughts. Even as he sulks Jungkook notices how uncomfortable Seokjin looks whenever a student is successful in summoning a creature even if they are harmless.



It will be something he pesters the older about when they are in the privacy of their room.



Other than that Jungkook comes to understand that you can't just draw a salt circle and offer blood. Nothing will come. It doesn't work like that you have to actually plan what level of demon you want. Not to say anything weaker or more powerful won't show up, but it 'technically' shouldn't happen.



The levels of creatures is something he still struggles to wrap his head around, but they are more or less based on the levels of Dante's Inferno, or that's what the professor had compared it to.



The weakest summoning will always come from limbo or they should in theory since nothing stronger than an imp have ever been summoned and the levels just continue until the ninth circle. The one all of them have been warned to never think of trying to summon from. Considering they are practically children and without a doubt have no chance against anything from the circle of treachery.



The warning does not stop some of the more cocky students from whispering how they were going to subjugate a familiar from every level. Jungkook is tempted to laugh at their over-confidence.



He isn't allowed the privilege when Seokjin slides into the desk next to him.



“So how are you enjoying the lesson?”



Jungkook can hear how smug his roommate is.



“I would enjoy it much more if I was allowed the same opportunities as everyone else.”



Seokjin scoffs ruffling Jungkook's hair as he snatches away jungkook's notebook. “Your just a third year, so you have to wait at least a month before you're given any privileges. And don't pout it's not going to make me change my mind.”



He goes back to sulking idly scratching at Seokjin's arm. “Though since it's clearly eating at you, maybe, just maybe I'll allow you to try something at class.”



“Really?” Jungkook hates the way he must sound. Like a puppy finally being given attention or a new bone.



“Maybe,” Seokjin hums flipping through jungkook's notebook. “You won't be allowed to keep it though.”



“Well, I expected that.” Jungkook says, hugging the older in thanks. “It's enough that your even letting me try to summon anything at all.”



He waits for the other to smile before he continues on. “Considering you are a mother bear about everything I do.”



The slap to the back of his head is worth how red Seokjin goes in the face. “Ungrateful brat.”



Seokjin stays with him for the rest of the class and Jungkook can't stay still even when his roommate makes a point to his in his ear to stop.



The clock could not be any slower as he waits for the professor to wave them out as a signal to turn in for the night.



When it happens Seokjin's hand is tight around his arm as the other drags him to the front of the class. “Professor, would you mind if we stayed back to practice?”



The professor for summoning is a jolly old man and his face morphs into a grandfatherly smile as he agrees. Seokjin leads him to a spare door in the back of the class and says this is where the practice rooms are.



Jungkook's knees go weak when Seokjin sits him down and starts sketching the circle white chalk and lining circle of salt is a sharp contrast to the dark paper it is on.



“I'm not going to constrain you to the first circle because I'm with you and nothing too destructive should appear.”



Jungkook finds himself nodding as he starts to inspect the circle committing every sigil to memory. When a knife is shoved into his view Jungkook thanks he other and repeats every phrase Seokjin teaches him. It is his time to shine.



It is a very different feeling from just watching someone. Actually cutting a line from his thumb to the curve of his hand is more than just a sting and more like there is an opening for his being to escape. In a way it is surreal to see your blood fall as an offering to something that could at any other time snap you like a twig. Chanting with each drop that falls Jungkook feels his body thrum completely in sync.



His eyes close and he continues, there is no feeling and that is normal and as he finishes Jungkook expects there to be a noise similar to the ones in class but there is nothing. No creaking of bone, no rattling of breathe, there is nothing and his heart plummets.



He has failed something simple and the feeling that comes with that realization is one of the worst he has felt in years. Worse than when he had caught himself on fire while he practices unsupervised. Jungkook hates it.



There is an arm over his should tugging him against a side as hand wipes at his eyes. He is crying. And isn't that just the icing on the cake?



“Not every time is successful. You didn't fail, okay? You didn't.” Jungkook just curls against his roommate. He's emotional over something stupid.



Seokjin continues talking, trying to cheer him up and Jungkook has to admit that Seokjin makes almost everything that's gone to hell better.



“We can try again tomorrow if you want? We can try until something appears. Hell the demons are probably intimidated by you.”



The last comment makes him crack a smile and they are in their room and he knows his eyes are puffy and red. Seokjin doesn't care and just continues to joke as he leads him to bed. “Everything will be better tomorrow. I promise.”



Jungkook falls asleep against Seokjin's stomach as the older combs fingers through his hair. Seokjin is the only person Jungkook will allow to baby him. Or that's what he's going to tell himself.



The next morning Jimin is in their room and swoops him up for a hug. Jungkook will never admit that he likes Jimin's hugs. He doesn't have to.



“I heard you scared all the familiars away yesterday?”



He looks at his roommate who just shrugs. “Yeah, something like that,”



Jimin's grin is wide and encouraging and Jungkook doesn't hate his failure as much.



His classes go by quicker today than they have in a long time and he feels like a first year again. There is still an ache in his chest whenever one of his classmates is successful, but Seokjin keeps his spirits up by saying all of them were just trying the first gate. “Everything in the first gate is like a leech ready to latch on to even the faintest trace of food.”



It helps ease the bitterness he feels with every day that passes and eventually he will break away from his rut.



It takes a month and a half before Jungkook even thinks of trying the ritual again. It is not under Seokjin's prodding.



Two months pass before he actively participates in class more often than not as an example of what can go wrong with a circle. None of them are by his own creations.



The smile Seokjin gives him when they return to their dorm is blinding and hearing the words of praise do not help with the horrid twist in his chest. Forcing a smile is not as simple as people make it to be.



Three months is the start of his planning and there is an angry sneer in the back of his mind as he works without Seokjin. It hisses at him about what he is doing is beyond mere stupidity and entering the domain of the insane. Jungkook brushes it aside as he works, gathering sigil patterns and crushed chalk to smear and the salt he mixes with it leaves an unpleasant burning on his finger tips.



The days that go along with this keep him antsy and jumping out of his seat when the class ends. When Seokjin dashes after him day after day there is a pang in his chest because Jungkook knows that it is wrong to trick and lie to the older.



He has been nothing but supportive even with his rather strange dislike of the creature Jungkook has become fixated with.



“What is so important every day that it has you jumping out of your seat?”



“Oh, you know the big project for transfiguration? I'm planning something big!” It's not a complete lie since there is a big project for the class at the end of the year but that is months away.



He hears a scoff from his side as a weight settles on his shoulders. “That's months away my little third year, no need to run yourself ragged.”



“I'll be fine. And since when have you cared about me being an over achiever hyung? If I remember correctly the first day we met you said 'There is nothing wrong with wanting to prove you're the best of the best..”



Seokjin lets out an indignant squawk as he knocks Jungkook's head forward. “That was advice to not get you bullied so don't twist my words you brat.”



Jungkook laughs and slips under his roommate's arm tossing a goodbye over his shoulder as he speeds off.



His first stop is his room since all of his supplies are there. It is a miracle that Seokjin did not find any of the materials. It takes only a few minutes before his back out into the hallway and backtracking to his class hoping his professor is still there.



The professor is still there and his professor's answer is the same as when Seokjin had asked and it makes him wonder if the old man is just happy about how eager his students are or if he is just very trusting. Either way Jungkook gets what he wants.



The door clicks when he turns the knob and Jungkook thinks the anxiety that bubbles in his belly is actually a good sign instead of a bad one. He does not want to be prideful and be tricked into thinking that if this actually works that he has no reason to be afraid.



This is another lesson stressed every day. Even if you have a bound and tamed familiar there is always reason to be afraid your bond is most certainly a contract, but just as in real life contracts can be broken. With supernatural beings, it is an even bigger concern considering there is nothing keeping the demon from killing whomever tricked them into servitude.



So the feeling buzzing through his being is something Jungkook is glad to have as he forms the circle sigils flashing with each section completed.



It is the same circle Seokjin had made for Jungkook's first try with a few minor additions. Nothing too detrimental to his being or magic, but more of insurance that something will appear.



Standing to take in the summoning circle Jungkook lets a smile slip on his face. He doesn't need something big or even remotely helpful at all, and all Jungkook wants to see is that he can actually tempt something to come forth. That's all he needs and he can't let all of this go and feel like himself again.



The knife feels heavier now than did months ago under Seokjin watch and the words, twisting in his mouth seem more like ash flying out his throat than a lost language. Even with his eyes closed Jungkook can count every drop that falls. One, two, then three.



Four,



Five,



Six,



And finally seven.



Yanking his hand out and twisting it into the cloth at his side Jungkook lets his magic whisper out in tendrils and allows it to latch on the budding power reaching through his circle.



Whatever was easing its way through was in no hurry as the curls of smoke braved through Jungkook's barrier twinning and teasing with the flow of power prodding it. The foreign is stuffy and burning like coal still aflame.



The smoke grips at him and it is nothing like the comforting caresses of Seokjin's own ribbons of wind or Jimin's overpowering and constant circle of warmth. The magic invading his own is prying at every area and Jungkook can't breathe as it tightens around his own.



The chant is done, but any other words he wishes to speak are locked in his throat and the smoke is searing against his eyes to keep them shut. Jungkook feels the burns on his skin when his barrier gives way and he can do nothing.



The magic is tightening around his own and Jungkook feels the arm that was cut yanked up, and he feels like a rag-doll when his body just complies. There is something wet and searing on the wound and he needs to scream, yet nothing comes out. His magic is being siphoned even as Jungkook curls it back in. It is invading and pain floods his system as the creature strikes out with a flare of power.



Jungkook's awareness thins and the creature speaks voice full of mirth and tone dark.



“Destruction really is an art, my master. If only you could see it,”



He fades out the words echoing through his head.










Jungkook feels heated and restrained as he hears his hyungs argue about him. There is still foreign magic mixed with own and Jungkook has a feeling that the owner is not far. The feeling does not make him happy, being stuck in the medical ward and having that feeling makes him even less so.



He is not too sure of how long he's been awake – An hour maybe? – but Seokjin after finding him dazing in and out of focus explained that Jungkook has been in the damn ward for little over a week.



The amount of days he's been out makes him frown. How much would he have to make up? Have Seokjin and Jimin been doing well? Who the hell was the owner of the magic pressing against his own?



Normally Jungkook would revel in someone pressing their magic against his own, it was a sign of trust and a way to comfort, but this hot and blistering foreign touch was neither. He wanted it gone so he could breath without it trying to slip down his throat.



“Jungkookie?”



Jungkook knew that voice and a smile grew on his face, eyes crinkling in joy. Hopefully the smoke wouldn't try to keep him from speaking. “Jimin hyung? Is that you?”



Jimin stepped in from behind the door separating them leaning back on the wood until it clicked into place. “Yeah, it's me. How have you been doing?” he asks, closing the space between them as Jungkook reaches out his arms.



He missed Jimin's hugs, they were safe and always made Jungkook relax. “Okay, I guess. Don't know why I'm here or why you guys were arguing?”



Jimin makes him move so that the other can sit and the arm Jimin loops around his shoulder is such a normal thing Jungkook forgets that nothing right now is. “You know we care about you and that were generally fine with you being a wild child,” here Jungkook nods because it's true and he does know this. “But your new... addition, has put us on edge.”



,“Addition? What do you mean by addition?”



Jimin winces at his question arm tightening its grip and thumb rubbing circles on his arm. “Well, you've noticed your magic is different.” Jimin starts voice low and soothing like Jungkook is a child. “And it's not a bad thing, it's just unstable right now.”



Jungkook leans into Jimin, eyes closing as he asks, “Is that why almost every time I open my mouth. I end up choking.” He ignores how his friend seizes up against him inhaling sharply.



“That's something you should ask Jin, but to my knowledge, it's because your contract is new.”



“Contract?”



“Yeah, your summoning was successful.” Jungkook doesn't miss how sad Jimin looks or how the other drags him to sit on Jimin's lap.



“Will the pain stop?” Jungkook asks head resting on Jimin's.



“I don't know. That's something you have to ask Jin hyung.”



He hums his agreement hands gripping at Jimin's shirt. “What is Seokjin hyung doing anyway?”



Jungkook feels the older smile against his ear. “Why don't you go see yourself?”



“Come with me?”



Jimin lets him slide off to stand hand now gripping his forearm. “What kind of friend would I be if I let you go alone?”



Jungkook laughs as he's away from the cot and to the door. The metal is cool on his hand as he pulls it open and he has to grab Jimin's shoulder two presences hit him in waves.



“Jungkookie!”



Jungkook doesn't hear Seokjin's yell too focused on the seething force tucked against the far left wall. The owner of the burning aura towers over everyone else in the room and his face is pulled into a vindictive sneer as he glares at Jimin but when his gaze moves to Jungkook it softens if only slightly. Jungkook swear he sees a fang.



More intimidating and unfairly beautiful than the man himself is the set of rigged horns curling back to crown the mans blond head. Jungkook has a strange urge to trace his fingers over every dip and rise of the horns.



“Jungkook?” Seokjin calls again, this time close enough to put a hand on his shoulder.



“U-uh, yes hyung?”



“Are you feeling any better?” Seokjin is looking at him with wide early eyes and Jungkook's answer melts it away for a smile.



“That's good. How are you taking to having a... contract?”



He doesn't even get to answer as the man with the horns beats him to it. “My master will be fine is you let me near him.”



The man's voice is rich and it sends shivers down Jungkook's spine at how angry he sounds.



Seokjin goes read as he strides right over and pokes the stranger in the chest hissing, “You will not be let near him after the ing stunt you pulled earlier. Just because you are Jungkook's familiar does not mean you can use him to feed off! And until I deem Jungkook ready to have a familiar you will not bond.”



Some point during Seokjin's rant Jimin had lead him to sit rubbing comforting circles on his back.



“I am not 'you' I have a name: Namjoon and you will use it mortal. And what gives you authority over me? Last I checked your not my contractor, and your not Jungkook's guardian.”



Jungkook tunes them out as soon as the words your not Jungkook's guardian are uttered. It will get ugly because Jungkook does consider Seokjin the closest thing to a guardian he's ever had and his hyung does not take well to others insinuating otherwise.


Jimin is warm against his side almost like Jungkook's own personal heater and with the older swathing him in a cocoon of energy Jungkook could doze off at any minute.



“You can if you want.” Jimin comments continuing when the younger looks up confused. “Sleep, you're still getting used to everything. I'll wake you up when they stop fighting.”



Without any prompting Jungkook curls next to the smaller male and lets sleep, drag him down Jimin carding fingers through his black hair.



It turns out that Seokjin is not as weak as his appearance sometimes conveys. Considering the next time Jungkook awakes, he is cradled on their dorm couch, head cushioned by his roommates thigh. “You really need to start working on a way to not kick in your sleep.”



Jungkook hums digging his head into Seokjin's stomach. “No, really, you should nearly knocked me out as I carried you here your creeper of a familiar making harder than it should've been.”



He hears said familiar scoff somewhere from the right and turns his head to smile timidly. Even though Jungkook knows the demon cannot actually hurt him with the contract intact (and with Seokjin in the room) he is still intimidating.



The fanged smile he gets in return is actually kind of disarming because Jungkook notices the taller has dimples. “Don't do that Jungkook it'll just make him do something stupid. Like break another lamp.”



“Sorry, hyung,”



Jungkook feels the couch dip and Seokjin make some mix of a hiss and a screech when his hand is slapped away.



“I already told you not to touch him!” Sometimes Jungkook wonders if Seokjin is just a tad overprotective because of moments like these. It doesn't bother him though because he knows it's how his hyung shows he cares.



“It's not like I'm going to bite him, unless of course Jungkook is fine with that.” There is a puff of air near his ear and Jungkook jerks scrunching into himself squeaking out, “No thank you.”



“Ah, too bad then I'm famished,”



Seokjin is pulling him over to his side of the couch hissing. “Go find someone else to drink from then.”



“Drink from?” Jungkook asks head tilting as he hooks his jaw over Seokjin's shoulder.



Namjoon smirks his mouth opening just the slightest bit to show off two sets of sharp fangs. “I live of magic and on occasion blood. And these bad boys are what allow that.”



Seokjin just glares repeating his earlier statement. “ Go find someone else to drink from then,”



“No, I would really much rather drink from my master-”



“Can you please just call me Jungkook?” He pleads looking at the taller male as he fidgets in his spot.



Jungkook doesn't see Seokjin's expression go fond or the upturning of the demons lip. “Sure, Jungkook.”



He gives a quick thanks before ducking back into Seokjin's side practically purring when his roommate plays with his hair.



“Why don't you let Jungkook rest, Namjoon? And then maybe tomorrow I may reconsider letting Jungkook willingly give you first blood. But only if he's feeling better, also it would be wise to not crush him with your magic.”



Jungkook doesn't hear the rest of the conversation and just dozes off letting Seokjin carry him to their shared room.



The first blood does not happen











Seokjin cracks and explains everything about Jungkook's familiar after the younger badgers him for a little over three weeks and promises to take Seokjin along with him for his gathering trips. Jungkook hasn't quite figured out why his roommate wants to tag along.



Namjoon is no weak demon is the first thing his roommate tells him and that's one of the main reasons the barrier he made did nothing. A demon from the fifth circle of hell will have no problem blasting through something meant for a weaker creature. As for why Namjoon refuses to drink from any other person is in his words:”Why drink overripe wine when you can have the fountain of youth?”



Jungkook didn't even bother asking the demon what that meant and just went with it.



The next explanation he received was based around what bonding and first blood is. The latter is rather simple, it's the taste of blood a familiar has after the contract is complete and is considered the 'first stage' of bonding. Bonding is exactly what's on the tin; You bond with familiar and eventually have a constant companion (It is also what allows the familiar and the contract holder to 'borrow' the other magic. But Jungkook's not into duelling or being all powerful, so yeah).



Jungkook does not see why familiars need first blood to bond. Even without it, he thinks Namjoon and him have gotten along rather well and the demon is open to talking (and ranting) about a variety of topics.



One such topic Jungkook takes immense pleasure in is when Namjoon will rant about the politics of hell.



“Every in; sloth demon I've meet has a damn stick up their . Acting like they don't have their own quotas to reach! This is why Satan is so pissy all the time! Or because Cerberus is acting up?”



“What would a three-headed dog have to do with Satan being mad?”



“Oh kid you have no idea. The old man is whipped for that thing always giving the most tainted souls to the mutt. It really is unfair.”



“So Cerberus is like pet?”



Namjoon scoffs poking Jungkook's forehead. “As if, damn dogs treated like a prince. And for what? Guarding a gate that can only be opened by the fallen himself and Charon.”



“Uh, Who?”



“The ferryman Jungkook. The guy that gives soul's passage. You my young and unwise master would never make it hell. Best to try to be as sin, free as possible. No telling what I or another demon would do to your soul.” Namjoon joked deep laugh tickling Jungkook's ear from the close proximity.



“Namjoon, what are you teaching Jungkook?!” There was Seokjin in his righteous fury. Jungkook sighed, slumping against Namjoon yelling an answer before the demon next to him dug himself another grave.



“Nothing bad hyung!” And Seokjin was strolling into the living room hands at his hips and giving the both of them a flat look.



“What have I said about lying?”



“That Jimin hyung will make me repent by going with him to hunt for lavender and nightshade.” Jungkook repeated, smiling and swatting at the hand that ruffled his hair.



“And why do we not want that to happen?”



“Because Jimin hyung confuses lavender with catnip.” Jungkook hears Namjoon choke on his snort and Seokjin's quiet, 'oh finally.'



“How does he get those two confused?”



Jungkook hangs his head, hands coming up to press at his eyes. “It's a long story,”



Yeah, the rants Namjoon has about Hell and all the conversations after being Jungkook's favourites. Though if there is one thing Namjoon rarely is, it would be affection. Physically affectionate.



Jungkook is not the biggest fan of physical affection himself, but he adores hugs and just being close to people, but the most affectionate the demon has been is rust a simple ruffle of hair or if they're in class gripping at his arm.



Though that could actually be a way for the demon to scare off some of the more tenacious or flirty familiars on campus. Jungkook isn't bothered by it because frankly while he can see the physical appeal of succubi or incubi he doesn't want them near his person. Besides in the chilly weather before the end of the year Jungkook is thankful to have another heater besides Jimin.



Jimin is never on campus during the winter months always out on class-assignments and the like. Seokjin is just always cold, so Jungkook can't exactly curl up next to him and expect to not shiver through the night.



“It doesn't both you Namjoon?” He asks one day in summoning the professors pixie fluttering around to talk to the student body.



“Does what bother me?” Namjoon never looks pleased during any of Jungkook's many classes, but in summoning his displeasure radiates off him in pulses keeping all students away from the both of them. Which now for this particular lesson  because Jungkook has to interact with his peers and Seokjin is nowhere to be found. Assistant for the class his .



“Me, always sleeping on you like your a pillow.” Jungkook answers dragging his grumpy partner to socialize.



“Why would that bother me? You're an affectionate person and it's not like you're forcing me.” Namjoon's scowl is still etched in place, but when the taller places a warm hand on the back of his neck Jungkook knows it's not him that the other is grumpy with.



“I am not affectionate and well you're not touchy with like anyone. So I just thought I was annoying you.” He admits pausing in the middle of the classroom to finish their conversation and Namjoon leans down to hook his head over Jungkook's shoulder laughing.



“Your millenniums too young to even try to annoy me. And in general most demons or 'familiars' in this case aren't affectionate until given permission.”



“But you have permission!”



Namjoon burrows into Jungkook's neck fangs scraping at his shirt collar. “You're not stupid, Jungkook stop acting so. You know verbal permission isn't how it works, Seokjin explained this.”



“But,” Jungkook starts eyebrows furrowing as he reaches to tug his collar back in place Namjoon moving back without fuss to give access. “Why does it matter? What does giving first blood do?”



Namjoon has herded him back to his desk somehow and Jungkook glares at the demon's smug face. “...First and foremost, it's a claim – and before you interrupt it is not a claim as in this my 'thing' but rather this is my contractor and they're under my protection. Secondly first blood gets rid of any discomfort the merging of two magical beings brings,” he pauses staring at Jungkook's expression before continuing.



“Lastly, it breaks barriers. First blood is what gives familiars the conformation that the trust is mutual and that they may finally be a companion. Of course, if the contractor says 'no' to something we will more often than not listen.”



Jungkook sits stiff in his seat processing everything the older male just explained and frowns. He has never thought that other beings would have rules for this sort of thing and frankly the idea of how familiars of any kind have the same way of thinking on this subject is strange. A person or whatever something is shouldn't have to rely on receiving something to know that it's alright to act like themselves.



“Okay, I can understand the first two but, how is giving blood the only way for you guys to know, trust is a two-way street?” The finger splayed through his hair curl and Jungkook leans into the touch.



“Well we feed off of our contractor's and first blood tells us that we can control ourselves and not drain them dry. On the contractor holders' side, it offers them reassurance that they won't be fed off at any random time and that we will ask for permission to feed.”



It makes sense in a way Jungkook can admit. Knowing that the demon by his side wouldn't just randomly  at his magic or blood would definitely ease his worries.



“I guess I see your point,” Is all he says, shifting to rest his cheek on his hand. “Maybe I'll reconsider the whole first blood thing.” Jungkook feels the rumble of a pleased purr against his side as the demon settles close.



“Not without your 'guardian' there to watch though, right?” It is not said with any disdain towards his hyung like it would've been weeks prior and Jungkook nods waving his free hand at said hyung when he catches sight of him by the door.



“Sorry,”



His familiar rumbles again as Seokjin makes his way over. “It's understandable,”



Seokjin is all smiles when he pulls a chair from one of the other desks and plops down. “Well is seems you're still both hermits.”



Jungkook chuckles nervously left hand moving to crinkle his pants. “As always, pixies gossip too much for my tastes,” Seokjin just gives him an unimpressed look. “Also, I-well, I've been thinking about letting Namjoon-” here the demon looks up, eyes hooded and teeth glinting. “-Go through with first blood and well would you mind overseeing it?”



He expects his roommate to turn him down and that be the end of the subject until Jungkook works up the courage to ask again. The deep sign Seokjin gives makes him think the worst. “Sure, I mean it's better than you and Namjoon going through with it and something going wrong.”



Jungkook beams eyes crinkling ignoring Namjoon's indignant, “It's not like if I did drink Jungkook dry that I wouldn't cosset his soul!” It is something the demon has said before and at first it had freaked him out and made Seokjin go berserk, but now it is only said jokingly.



“You Kim Seokjin are the biggest mother-bear I have ever had the pleasure of meeting is going to let me go through with this?” He receives a sharp kick to his shin for his dramatics.



“Yes, and I am not a mother-bear if anyone is it would be Jimin. And speaking of Jimin you know I have to tell him about this.”



The whine Jungkook releases is paid no mind as his roommate smiles and reaches to pat at Jungkook's cheek.



It takes a week of waiting for Jimin to return from one of his assignments for Seokjin to say, “ it, we'll tell him when he gets his  back from wherever.”



The way his roommate says it like he's physically offended that Jimin didn't just pop in out of thin air is what causes Jungkook to topple off their couch holding his stomach like a lifeline.



“Such an eloquent way to put it, Seokjin. No, really I'm impressed, never thought you'd snap so quickly.”



“Shut up Namjoon,” Is Seokjin's reply as he lifts Jungkook up from the floor hand slung around the younger's waist so that he doesn't fall from laughing again. “So how do you guys want to do this?”



Jungkook just looks up at Namjoon expectantly after he settles on the floor. “Do you have to bite me in a specific place?” he asks tilting his head to bare his neck.



“Okay, I'm not a vampire so don't associate me with them and the whole biting someones neck. It is just plain unsanitary and gets blood everywhere,” Namjoon's nose scrunches mouth pulling up in disgust. “So no thanks.”



Namjoon is now on his knees, staring at his right arm and Jungkook stretches it out uncurling his fingers. Seokjin sits behind him, head pressing against the small of his back. “Just don't get any blood on my carpet,”



Jungkook's fingers shake as Namjoon holds them in one hand thumbing at his wrist the other reaching for his elbow cradling it like his limb is porcelain. “



“You don't need to be so gentle.” Jungkook says. Seokjin disagreeing vehemently.



“You really shouldn't say something like that.” Is all his demons answers bending close to nose at the veins in his wrist. Jungkook shivers when a sharp canine digs at the skin, leaving a line as Namjoon continues his way up.



His breathing is coming out in quick puffs as the demon settles on the front of his elbow mouth closing over the skin as teeth nip in light bursts. Seokjin's hands around his waist and chest pressing against his back combined with the deceivingly gentle grip on his arm are the only things stopping Jungkook from jerking away.



Jungkook opens the eyes, he never realized slipped closed and watches in fascination as Namjoon's eyes flutter shut and his body goes limp as the cut he's finally created on Jungkook's limb spills crimson and of all things the demon sounds like it's kitten receiving milk.



It is loud, sending ripples through Jungkook's body as he laps at the wound and Jungkook feels his magic being coaxed out his body in soothing hum and it is nothing like the invading and vicious pull as their first encounter and Jungkook can faintly see the swirls of smoke curling over him  at any and all exposed skin. Is this what being fed off is like every time? Or just for the first time?”



As his body twitches from being drained Jungkook doesn't notice Seokjin tearing him back into his hold hands wrenching at Namjoon's own hold around Jungkook or once Namjoon is removed from his person that the pleasurable thrum doesn't stop as if the demons own force is covering him like a blanket.



Most of all the youngest in the room never sees his familiars face twisted in a grin as Namjoon nestles near his legs horns bumping along his knees. Jungkook falls asleep magic swirling around him as a protective bubble and Seokjin cards fingers though his hair expression fond, smile soft.



Waking up and finding out that he doesn't have classes oddly makes him giddy and that should worry Jungkook because he never liked missing out on any of his classes. Seokjin steers him away from the door when he questions why.



“Because as of right now you have to deal with an overly satisfied familiar while I go and drag Jimin's  here from the medical ward.”



Jungkook can't even ask why Jimin is in the ward or when the man, even got back before his hyung is out the door with a click. He shrugs and goes to his room only mildly surprised to find his demon curled on Jungkook's bed. There was another thing Seokjin had warned him about.



“Before I forget giving a familiar first blood is like catnip and it makes them a little...strange.”



So when Jungkook is in the doorway, one second and then yanked into Namjoon's lap the next he is not surprised. The  at his neck is unwanted though.



“No,” Namjoon moves away arm looped snugly around Jungkook waist at the other twirls a piece of black hair. “You really are just a big cat. Not scary or demonic at all.”



The nuzzle against his arm does in no way change his opinion.”S'not my fault your magic makes me childish.” There is a horn nudging at the back of his head and the urge to trace along them returns. “You can touch them if you want. Won't bother me.”



“Really?” Jungkook question hands pressing against Namjoon's shoulders when the demon twists Jungkook around to face him. Jungkook's fingers twitch when the older laughs, right next to his neck. “I Won't hurt them?”



“No, Jungkookie there are very few things that can and I'm sure you'll be gentle.” Jungkook flushes when his familiar uses the nickname both his hyung gave him.



Jungkook is hesitant to use more than a single finger to touch the set of horns and they feel nothing at all like he expected. “Why aren't they rough?”



He uses two to press against the ridges on Namjoon's left horn and it feels smooth, almost like glass nothing like a normal animal horn.



“Horns are used for two things: Mating,” Jungkook flushes peeling his appendages away only for Namjoon to lift one hand to guide them back. “Which is more or less just a show of how sturdy or pretty a crown or set of horns are and dominance. The larger or bigger horns are is generally a show of how powerful one is.”



“Yours are certainly pretty, but they don't seem very big which makes no sense because you're strong Namjoon.” Jungkook grips at the shoulder beneath him when he is tugged forward something hot pressing on his stomach.



“It's just a show of how strong a demon seems Jungkook not how strong they actually are,” the words are whispered against his side and Jungkook moves his hands away to settle on the bed as he sits back Namjoon's hand still curled around his person. “It's funny really how they are used for something carnal when hey can be so much more. Sharp as they are, why not use them as a weapon instead of an accessory?”



Jungkook stays quiet as Namjoon rants softly hand twisting in Jungkook's shirt. “Do you remember what I told you when you first summoned me?”



He does not remember anything from that day and despite the guilt building in his belly Jungkook shakes his head no.

Namjoon's laughs is warm and Jungkook spares a look at the demon's face. His dimples are showing and Namjoon's eyes are shut. For some reason it makes the guilt disappear.



“I expected as much, most people don't remember,” There is a hand grasping at his fingers twisting and following along the line of skin Jungkook sighs at the touch. “I said that destruction is an art, and there is nothing more I reveal in than watching something crumble.”



Namjoon's head is now crooked into the space between Jungkook's neck and shoulder nosing at the skin. “But you, Jungkook are something I promise not to destroy. “



Jungkook knows the words are honest, but he still asks why.



“You're already fragile enough, no need to break you even more.”



After that he doesn't press and just pushes against the older male until they're both lying side by side Jungkook's head on his familiars shoulder while the other just tightens his grip on Jungkook's waist.





Neither of them hear the door creak open.





“You owe me ten, Jimin.” A voice calls and Jungkook tries to jerk away from body he's curled with. Namjoon just tugs him back, sending a lazy smirk at the two new occupants.



“Well, how was is supposed to think Mr. Intimidating-and-antisocial would be a cuddler?”


There is a scoff and it is so clearly Seokjin that Jungkook flushes hard enough to put a cherry to shame when his roommate continues. “Anyone would cuddle with our Jungkookie if given the chance.”



He groans into Namjoon's shoulder hitting him when the demon snickers. “Can you two please stop making bets out of my life?”



As is usual no one agrees to his plead and Jimin joins them on the bed cooing when Jungkook tries to shuffle closer. “Why would we do that? You know very well that our hobbies include teasing you!”



Jungkook pouts letting his body be pulled up into Jimin's arms for a hug. “Now what's this whole development between you two? Please tell me it's not just because Jungkook fed you.”



Namjoon shrugs stretching out arm releasing Jungkook's waist. “Not entirely, but it is one of the main reasons-”



“Yeah, I know what first blood does, but you acting like a house cat can't be from that. I refuse to acknowledge such.” Namjoon sniffs at the interuption one hand winding around Jungkook's ankle who giggles when a fingernail pokes at the skin.



“If you let me finish, it's also because Jungkook has mentioned that he worries that he's bothering me – which you are not doing. This is my way of showing that I don't mind.”



Somewhere Jungkook thinks he hears Seokjin mumble “Yeah, it's totally not because your whipped or anything,” while his two other friends bicker.



Tapping at Jimin's hand, he signals for the other to let him go Jimin does so quickly and Jungkook is making his way to Seokjin wide smile on his face, “Why don't we let those two figure everything out together while you tell me where Jimin's been?”



“Why can't I tell you myself?” Jungkook turns around and gives his hyung a flat look.



“Because you butcher stories,” Jimin sputters and Jungkook is tugged out of the room.









There is smoke  at his nose and Jungkook has to resist the urge to gag at the smell of burning flesh that wafts with it. The wisp of magic that curls around his neck like a shoal does nothing to keep the scent at bay.



“Even after all these years I can't even help you with something this simple.” The is a familiar heat at his shoulder and Jungkook lets himself slump back into the arms he knows will never let him fall.



“No you help in more ways than you can know Namjoon,” His familiar releases a chuckle the rich sound reaching his ears and it takes away all the guilt and self-hate at what he's just done. “Who knows how quickly I would've fallen doing this work alone?”



“You wouldn't have. Even without me Seokjin and Jimin wouldn't let you fall.”



After five years of being tied together and finally graduating from the academy this has become normal, them going on individual assignments, more often than not one of Jungkook's hyungs finding a way to tag along. “It's really not in your nature Jungkook to just stay down. Despite some of the less legal jobs we've taken you've always gotten back to your feet.”



Jungkook hums arms looping around Namjoon's shoulder as he burrows his face in the others shirt to block out the ruin around them.



“We should hurry back you know how Hoseok gets when we stay out past sundown.”



Jungkook giggles at how weary Namjoon sounds as he talks about Hoseok, a man they have both become well acquainted with over the years of their work. Hoseok runs a local inn that Jungkook always makes plans to stay at when an assignment takes longer than a day, and the cheerful man never fails to meet them with a beaming smile and careful hands as he takes the youngest of how many of there are that day.



“He really is a worry-wort,” He agrees head lolling against Namjoon's chest fond smile in place. “It's nice though. Having someone looking out for us even when we're away from Seokjin and Jimin, kinda like having a home away from home.”



Even though Namjoon says nothing Jungkook can tell the demon agrees from the grin on his face.



Namjoon's magic is slipping around them acting like a barrier and this is also something that has become normal. It had not taken long before Jungkook's familiar had started draping his energy over the younger like everyone else Jungkook knows, and it is hard to not just go limp in something very much like a blanket. Or that's how Jungkook feels it.



The walk to Hoseok's inn is quiet as Jungkook hangs loosely in Namjoon hold wounds soothing into a dull ache as they travel. The cobblestone streets are illuminated by stones and Jungkook thinks that even though he's seen them so many times before that they are still as stunning as the first time he laid witness to their mixing colours looking almost like the stars above them.



“They're like a small galaxy,” He comments staring at the stones.



“No, they're stones, nothing more,” Namjoon corrects shifting his contractor to hold him more securely. “Even if they have an odd beauty to them.”



Jungkook snorts closing his eyes as he listens to Namjoon comment on something every once in a while. They are not too far from Hoseok's place now and the both of them could go with a wash. Maybe Hoseok will be waiting for them?



“Kookie! Joonie! You're finally here, you have no idea how much I had to work to get Jin to stay inside,” Speak of the devil. Jungkook blinks an eye open offering up a slight smile to his beaming friend, Namjoon just grunts passing his cargo into Hoseok's outstretched arms.



“Make sure he actually gets his burns treated. Seokjin will blow a gasket if he finds even a scratch.”



Jungkook whines in Hoseok's hold only to be shushed. “Now you stop and let me get you both inside. Namjoon could you please talk to Seokjin to help him calm down? And Jungkook I already told you to stop wiggling!”



Namjoon is at their normal room, sending a smile at the both of them before ducking into the room. Jungkook allows himself to be carried already missing the comfort that comes with be covered in someone's energy. “Oh, I know I don't have any magic like the rest of you, but you have to put up with it for just a little bit longer, Kookie, and then we can all have dinner and you can be warm.”



Hoseok is part of the small percent of people that do not have any sort of magic or capabilities and Jungkook is aware of this and generally does not care because Hoseok treats all of them like family, but with burns at his fingers and shoulders Jungkook wants something to press against the burn to relieve him of the ache.



“You are warm, but it hurts.” Jungkook is seated in Hoseok's back office with the smaller male searching for ointment to apply before Seokjin can actually fix him.



Hoseok huffs hands gentle as they spread over Jungkook's wounds. “I'm the warmest person you know, and I know, but just put up with it for just a minute.” The small things like this aren't really necessary but Hoseok likes taking care of Jungkook even though Seokjin will always patch him back to perfection.



“Yoongi and Taehyung will be returning tomorrow,” Hoseok says after a minute of silence Jungkook staring at the cloth covering his hands in sadness. “Said they hoped they could see you again.”



“Really?”



“Yeah, Taehyung was practically ecstatic when I told him that you two would be staying here for a while.”



Taehyung does odd-jobs. Has more than a fair share of titles under his belt: bard, hunter, page, mercer and a plethora of others. Jungkook had met the older male at the academy for an assignment of course Taehyung had been a squire then and escorted Jungkook and Namjoon to the job-site and back providing assistance in any way.



If there is another thing to know about the man is that his appearance both does and does not fit him. Taehyung is very much like an overexcited puppy in the way that they like to crawl and cuddle all over people, but his voice and often playful disposition are not what people expect.



Jungkook remembers on that same assignment that Namjoon had acted like a miffed leopard that had it's cub taken by a stray dog growling when the other male got too close for his standards. Honestly Jungkook found it adorable that Namjoon was protective around strangers, even if Taehyung was as nice as possible.



Though the two of them paid very little mind to the agitated familiar during the trip. Taehyung and he got along well asking for the academy to pair them at every chance.



“And Yoongi hyung?”



Hoseok lets out a breathy chuckle a hand coming up to muss Jungkook hair. “He showed his happiness the only way he knows how.”



Meaning Yoongi had probably cursed up a storm asking why Hoseok hadn't told them sooner so that they could've got their  together and be back quicker. Yoongi always had a very colourful way of speaking.



Yoongi was the person that really didn't fit with his job. He was an alchemist and how he didn't scare away all of his customers with his mouth and fearsome glower Jungkook would never figure out. Though having been on the receiving side of the alchemist charms and elixirs maybe that was what kept people around through Yoongi's blunt attitude.



They met in much the same way as Taehyung but Namjoon and he were the escorts and Yoongi was not willing to be escorted. It caused more than a few kinks and near fights on the month long trip. By the second half of the trek the alchemist had mellowed out and was actually a fine companion even if Yoongi has a sharp tongue. Namjoon was just as bad on this trip as he is with any other stranger. '



Now, however Taehyung was escorting the alchemist on his own assignment and while Yoongi will forever be spiteful Jungkook thinks they still get along.



“It'll be nice to see the both of again,” He says, standing when Hoseok prompts him too. It is time to see Seokjin. “Though I do hope Yoongi does not try to piss off Seokjin hyung.”



Hoseok cackles at his side giving Jungkook a knowing look. “I've already started a betting pool. Want to join?”



“Twenty that Yoongi will make hyung blow a gasket within a week.”









There is a weight on his thighs and a cold hand on his cheek patting him awake.



“Kookie, wake up! Wake up, Jungkookie~” The voice is deep but playful and the hands are moving to his ribs and Jungkook jerks with a squeal.



“Stop, please! It's too early to be assaulted in the morning!” The steady stream of light coming from the window stings his eyes, but he ignores it in favour of pushing of whomever is tickling him.



“Taehyung why would you do that?”



Taehyung's expression is cheeky as he scratches at his cheek. “I wanted to wake you up.”



“And you thought this was the best way to do it?”



“Well, you're up aren't you.”



Jungkook pouts ignoring the coo of, “Oh, you're so cute, Jungkookie.” and changes the subject.



“Where is everyone else? And did Yoongi hyung come with you?”



Taehyung's grin widens as he grabs Jungkook's wrist and stumbles them both into the front area of Hoseok's inn. Its patrons stopping to stare for only a second before returning to their individual activities. Strange things happening in Hoseok's in is just what's expected after a while.



Jungkook finds Yoongi slumped in his chair before Taehyung hops them both over.



“Hyung, I found Jungkook!”



“I can see that,” the alchemist drawls looking up at him through long eyelashes. “And if you would allow us a moment alone, I won't put anything in your soup.”



Taehyung pays no mind to just essentially being threatened and makes his way to wherever yelling a goodbye over his shoulder.



“How the  did you – and more questionably Namjoon put up with all of his energy? Being around someone that energetic can't be good for me, one day I'm sure Taehyung will make me tolerate idiots.”



Jungkook just pats the older on the back in comfort as he rants even though he knows the words hold no malice. “Even worse Jungkook is that he tries to hug everything he comes across. Who in their right mind does that?”



“Hyung it's Taehyung he does all kinds of strange things, and you already tolerate idiots. Isn't that what you say most of your customers are.”



Yoongi waves a hand in dismissal. “That different most of those people are idiots. Don't know the difference between ginseng and poison ivy.”



Jungkook smiles fondly as the older grumbles into his arms and pats at his shoulder in goodbye.

“Tell Seokjin that he can  off about my sleeping habits. What I do in my spare time is none of his concern.”



He just snorts making his way to Hoseok's back office. He is going to own Hoseok's betting pool.



The group of people behind the door are in no way quiet and Jungkook is no sure what to expect when he pulls the door open, but Taehyung trying to grab at Namjoon's horns is not one of them. Neither is Hoseok begging Seokjin to cook– actually no that's pretty normal.



“For s sake Taehyung can you stop trying to molest my head!”



“No! Every time Jungkook talks about them it's like they're the best thing in the world and I want to see myself!” Namjoon makes something akin to a dying whale in the back of his throat and Jungkook wonders how much longer his familiar will put up with the touchy male.



“Hoseok I don't run a free cooking service.”



“But Hyung think of all the money I could make. I'll even cut you a piece of the profit.”



“What? Why would I cook for just a cut? If I would cook it would be for everything, not just a cut.”



In hindsight, having all seven of them together is not a good idea...