Dance-Off: A Sideline

All in the Full Moon
  • Chaeyeon’s POV

“Unnie! Wake up!!”

“Yah…what’s with the yelling? Give me five more minutes…” I heard Sohye yet I wanted to go back to sleep.

“It’s already 7:35 in the morning. We’re going to be late for dance class!” She yelled again and I covered my ears with my pillow.

“So what?” I said as I wanted to go back to sleep, caring nonetheless of being late.

“Kyulkyung-unnie already left.”

Wait…what?!

“She what?!!” I got up swiftly.

I went to grab my towel and went hastily to the bathroom. I could hear Sohye laugh hard but I shrugged it off. How could Kyulkyung just go without me?! I swear she will be the death of me when I see her.

***

  • Kyulkyung’s POV

“So…we got a deal?” I asked my unnies.

“Sure.” Nayoung-unnie said, giving me a thumbs-up.

“That’s a deal…but I hope Chaeyeon won’t kick your for what you’ve done recently.” Chungha-unnie laughed.

I shrugged it off as my unnies went to practice in their sub-units. I sighed and instead of waiting for my group, Sohye and Chaeyeon, I decided to practice alone.

“Hello~~” I heard the voice of my goddess.

Sohye was with her as they got here on time.  I watch Sohye oogle on Mina as I went to Chaeyeon, greeting her and kissing her hand.

“Hey, baby.” I greeted her.

“Yeah…hey…” She just said to me.

And she ignored me. I sighed. After all, I did just go without waiting for her. How stupid of me to do that…

“Yah!” I yelled as I saw my unnies laugh at me.

And then chanting was heard as I saw Mina and Sohye. I found in cute. Well, Sohye did have a crush on her since God knows when and I’m happy for her to excel in the level of admiration. Chaeyeon was also admiring them as I went to hug her from the back.

“That’s our baby penguin.” I mumbled for them to hear.

“Don’t you dare hug me. How could you just leave without me?” Chaeyeon mumbled back.

I sighed. I was about to explain everything when Chungha-unnie told us that we should start practicing. Chaeyeon got herself off of me and I was contemplating of her little torment towards me.

Just hold it in…wait until it’s time…

***

  • Chaeyeon’s POV

All of us were busy with our practices. Knowing that our teachers will evaluate us again, I grew tense. The last time we had our evaluation, we were the worst group. With that event, I wanted us to perform at our best. Being the eldest in the group, I moderate our progresses despite of Kyulkyung’s leadership. I watch Kyulkyung teach Sohye and I found it cute. The three of us were like a family with me and Kyulkyung being Sohye’s loving Eomma and Appa, and believe me, Kyulkyung and I had to discuss that and letting her be the ‘Appa’.

*sigh*…my Appa Kyulyung…

And then the thought of her leaving me to sleep came in and I grew pissed. It became a reason why I wasn’t clingy to her in the practices. There came a cry and I saw Sohye being comforted by Kyulkyung. I went to the duo and hug our little penguin tight.

“Don’t cry, Sohye-ya.” I comforted her.

Kyulkyung joined in comforting our penguin. Everyone was looking at us as Mina went to check on her.

“What the heck did you do?” I mumbled at Kyulkyung.

“I didn’t do anything. She just burst into tears.” She mumbled back at me.

Sohye went back to wipe her tears and she smiled at us. I went to hold her hand as much as Kyulkyung did and we teach her again. Eventually she got it and as we practice for three straight times, it was all well. They complemented Sohye, especially Mina. I looked at Kyulkyung and she went to another spot where our unnies were.

Is she mad at me?

I pouted. I did get angry at her for leaving without me but I never thought she could contemplate about it too much. I went to Somi and nudged her.

“Hm? What is it, unnie?” She asked me.

“Can do you me a favour?” I asked as I made my cute face.

“What’s in it for me, unnie?” Somi smirks.

Aissh this kid!!

“A pack of Gummi Bears…” I said.

“Deal!” She nodded instantly.

“Okay…here’s what you need to do…”

***

  • Kyulkyung’s POV

We were practicing again until the teachers arrived. The evaluation went well with Nayoung-unnie’s group, especially Chungha-unnie’s group. We were last to be evaluated and I grew nervous. I was the leader of our group and I was nervous of getting another dose of from the teachers. And with Chaeyeon and Sohye in my team, I don’t want to let them down again. Not only I was tense of the evaluation, I was also tense of Chaeyeon ignoring me all throughout the practices. It was already tiring and disturbing to ignore her back. But it’s okay. I have to focus now and tell her all about this ordeal after our evaluation.

*after evaluation*

“Hey! Why don’t we have a showdown?” Chungha-unnie suggested.

“That’s a good idea,” said Somi.

“Alrighty. Chungha and I will be in different groups. One of us will have an extra member so it’s five against four.” Nayoung-unnie said.

“That hardly seems fair,” said Chaeyeon.

“It will vary. Chungha will back up, just in case…”

I never thought our Stone Nayoung could make a pun. I laughed first and the rest followed. Chungha-unnie gave a threatening look as we began choosing our groups. I wanted to grab Chaeyeon to be in our group when she was pulled by Chungha-unnie. I wonder who to choose and in the end, I was in Nayoung-unnie’s group.

“Which is which?? Oh well…” Somi decided to be in Chungha-unnie’s group.

And an idea came to mind. I saw Somi and she gives me a wink. I nodded using my eyes as I commence my plan.

***

  • Chaeyeon’s POV

We were all anticipating for the first round of the dance-off. I saw Nayoung-unnie and Mina discuss something. They were looking at Kyulkyung and decided to push her.

“Push, push!!” I heard Somi.

I turned around, greeting Somi and Chungha-unnie’s smirks. I raised an eyebrow and gasped when they pushed me in the center.

.

Kyulkyung went first and danced like a madman. She mouthed an ‘I’m sorry’ and I couldn’t help but find her cute. My heart was relieved and I ended up dancing with her. Now we’re the madmen of the dance floor. And when I heard y music, I noticed Kyulkyung come closer to me and it almost looked like a mating dance.

“Sorry…” She whispered.

God she’s hot…

“I’m sorry too.” I whispered back, pecking her ear.

“Forgive me?” She whispered again and swayed her hips against mine.

Why do you torment me, Joo Kyulkyung??

“I forgive you.” I whispered, wrapping my arms around her.

I heard cooing from the rest of the girls, even mocking Somi in the process. As the round ended, we let go and went back to our teams. I was glad. Finally, we reconciled…

***

  • Kyulkyung’s POV

It was fun. The best part about that was Sohye finally found her someone.

“Now-couple right here~” I cooed.

“Welcome to the ’99 squad. We should go on double dates…” Doyeon said as Yoojung hugged her.

“I may not have a date but at least I have my parents…kekeke…” Somi was in between our face-palming unnies.

We all laughed.  Then we fixed ourselves, packed our things and we were ready to go home. I waited for Chaeyeon to finish as she then went close to me and wrapped her arms around my waist. I held her back and saw Sohye and Doyeon smirking at me. I get their point and we went ahead, leaving our unnies and Somi to fix everything.

***

  • Chaeyeon’s POV

“Yah! Where are we going?!” I asked as Kyulkyung suddenly grabbed me and left our dongsaeng couples to their own business.

“Trust me.” Kyulkyung said to me.

I sighed and went with the flow. As we ran, I saw the familiar sight. It was the Han River.

“What are we doing here?” I asked.

“Close your eyes.” Kyulkyung said to me.

And I did. I felt her hands against mine as she led me down. I stumbled by the stairs but Kyulkyung made sure I won’t fall. I was all so confused and I wanted to know what’s going on. I felt her hold my shoulders and she took the blindfold off.

“Surprise.”

I looked to see the full moon. I looked by the ground and there were three mysterious people dressed like bear mascots, holding a poster that said:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

I then saw Kyulkyung holding a bunch of roses. I couldn’t hold my tears. Was this the reason why she went up so early??

“Yah…” I mumbled as she wiped my tears away.

“I’m sorry for not waking you up early. I just wanted to surprise you,” said Kyulkyung.

“Yah…I’m sorry for acting so icky to you.” I pouted and she gave me her smile.

“This is just the best time of my life…” I added as I kissed her.

“I love you.” I said once we broke.

“I love you more.” Kyulkyung said as she kissed me again.

“I love you most.” I mumbled as we kissed.

***

  • Kyulkyung’s POV

“That was it?!” Chungha-unnie asked me as she got her make-up kit.

“Yah! Standing for three hours holding a poster and dressed as a grizzly bear is just nuts! Give me one more bag of Gummi Bears!” Somi said and I gave her three bags.

“Yah! I heard you got a bag from Chaeyeon.” I mumbled.

“Yeah. Chaeyeon wanted to help me with you through the dance. I made the decision to push her so that you two can reconcile,” said Somi.

“Four bags for me!!” Somi cheered.

“Stone Nayoung liked her polar bear costume. Let. Me. Keep. It.” Nayoung-unnie said as she had her polar bear costume and her robot costume.

“Alright, alright!! Here!! THREE TICKETS FOR SUICIDE SQUAD!” I yelled as I handed the most precious prize to them.

The three cheered. I just smiled. I was thankful for the three for making my surprise for Chaeyeon possible. But at the back of my mind, I was broke. I’ve spent my money for Chaeyeon and for the three musketeers who helped me. I didn’t mind anyway.

The things that I do for love... I could only chuckle.

 

That was the whole story, everyone. Actually, this was story was supposed to be a one-shot. I forgot to mark this so the story wil have to end here. Don't forget to read "IOI Shikshins One-Shot Collection" and if you loved the collection, feel free to comment an IOI ship that you want to cameo.

-asahdako