All in the Full Moon

All in the Full Moon

*two months later*

Sohye and Kyulkyung went to a convenience store to buy some snacks. While going to a variety of snacks and drinks, Kyulkyung picked a few of them. Sohye had her eyes and mouth wide open as she picked many snacks and drinks.

“Yah! Hurry and pick already!” Kyulyung yelled.

“But I want all of these…” Sohye pouted.

“You won’t be able to eat all of them. Just pick this pack of cookies and this big bottle of water,” said Kyulkyung.

Sohye nodded and the both of them hurried to the cashier. As they scurry around their bags for their wallets, they gasped as they heard the “cha-ching” sound from the cashier. The both of the looked up to see…

“Chaeyeon?”

“Hey, guys. Don’t worry about these. I’ve paid for them,” she said as she neatly packed their snacks in their corresponding bags.

“Thanks, unnie~” Sohye said.

“No problem…” Chaeyeon smiled, giving them their bags.

“You work here?” Kyulkyung asked.

“Yeah.  It’s my part time.” Chaeyeon said.

“Join with us to school~” Kyulkyung offered.

Chaeyeon lowered her head and nodded. She fixed everything in the store, checking for anything else, grabbed her bag, and went with Kyulkyung and Sohye to school.

***

In class, during the break, Sohye and Kyulkyung talked with Chaeyeon. Sometimes, they ask Chaeyeon for some ideas of the lesson and Chaeyeon was obliged to share. The both of them were in awe of the smart goddess for her standing in her life.

“It’s nothing, really…” Chaeyeon said.

“Think about it, unnie. You’re really pretty, smart, and you even find time to work part-time at the convenience store,” said Sohye.

“She’s right, Chaeyeon,” said Kyulkyung.

“Let me ask you something, unnie. Do you have a special someone in your life?” Sohye asked and Chaeyeon almost gagged.

“Well…I had a boyfriend before…but it was two years ago…he was a jerk.” Chaeyeon said.

“I see. Are you planning to court someone or anything?” Sohye asked again.

“No…” Chaeyeon shook her head.

“That’s a bit sad. It’s also a bit wasteful. I mean come on, unnie; you’re like a perfect woman…” Sohye commented, chewing some cookies.

Chaeyeon smiled as she read her textbook. Kyulkyung ate some chocolate as Sohye went to one end to talk with her other friends. Kyulkyung looked at Chaeyeon and wondered why she couldn’t take her eyes off of her. She grabbed a piece of her chocolate and fed Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon’s eyes dilated, looking at Kyulkyung, the chocolate hanging on . Kyulkyung gulped.

Why is she so cute? Kyulkyung thought.

Chaeyeon smiled and chewed the chocolate. She gulped it down and said her thanks. Kyulkyung noticed a smudge on Chaeyeon’s lip and wiped it off. Chaeyeon was taken aback, a blush forming on her face.

“You had some…uhh…I had to get it off.” Kyulkyung stuttered.

“Thanks…” Chaeyeon said.

Kyulkyung and Chaeyeon smiled at each other. For Chaeyeon, she felt something on her chest. She looked down and focused on her textbook again. She scratched her chest and hoped that the night will go like the usual.

***

The evening classes didn’t last for long. The start of formal classes was coming so soon. The night-owls were having their last moments together having fun in class. For the three friends, they were joining with the class, especially Sohye. For Kyulkyung, she was as quiet as Chaeyeon.

 

*Chaeyeon’s POV

I was relieved for this day. The night classes we have will be over and I can finally get some good rest. Sure it was a bit sad to see some friends come and go, especially Sohye and Kyulkyung. They have been the best people I knew in this classroom and I’m going to miss them. I sighed as Kyulkyung was in front of me, looking at intently.

“What is it?” I asked her.

“Can I talk to you outside?” She asked.

“Sure.” I replied.

I stood up and gasped when she held my arm and pulled me outside. I kept up with her pace at some point until we stopped at the terrace. I wondered of her sudden action.

“Kyulkyung…wha-“ I was interrupted when she hugged me.

“Chaeyeon…I…I’m sorry, I…I don’t know why I’m acting like this, really…but…I have kept something from you so long I had to tell you now…” Kyulkyung’s words went unsteady.

“Kyulkyung...”

“I like you, Jung Chaeyeon.” She said right away and I was taken aback.

It was all too sudden. I never thought a person could develop feelings for just four months. I didn’t notice the silence until Kyulkyung chuckled.

“I’m sorry. Just…disregard everything I said. How stupid of me…” She mumbled.

She went back and left me at the terrace. What was that about? She dragged me her and just left me hanging. I felt a bit confused and offended for what she just did but…why do I get a feeling of guilt and worry?

*sigh*

It’s still stupid. There’s no way I’d have a little crush. I vowed to myself I won’t get intact with another person intimately again. I huff my breath as I saw the full moon, illuminating the whole university. I ponder of my usual yet mysterious life and the thoughts ended with my two close friends, especially Kyulkyung. Why Kyulkyung? I checked the time and it was almost dismissal. I looked at the moon one last time and headed back to the classroom.

***

*a month later*

Chaeyeon was greeted by her classmates, especially her admirers. She greeted them back but she was excited to see her squad: Nayoung, Chungha, and Sejeong.

“What’s up, Chae?” Sejeong went to hug her.

“How’s evening classes?” Chungha asked her.

“It’s fine. How about you guys?” Chaeyeon asked them.

“It was hell.” Nayoung and Sejeong said in unison.

“Lucky for Chaeyeon here she was assigned at the main campus. The other branch had strict teachers and we were dead meat…except for Sejeong maybe…” Chungha said.

“Don’t meddle me into that.” Sejeong mumbled.

*ring*

The classes were about to start. We were in our usual seats as the teacher came in. We greeted her and sat back down again.

“Class, we have a transferee from the other branch. Come inside…” She motioned someone to come inside.

A girl came in. Some were chanting for her beauty. I wondered of this person and gasped as I saw her properly.

“Introduce yourself,” said the teacher.

“Annyeonghaseyo…Joo Kyulyung-imnida.” She greeted.

I noticed something in her. She wasn’t the cheerful Kyulkyung that I knew at the evening classes. She was more stylish, more serious, and to be honest, she’s gone prettier.

“Okay, Kyulkyung. You may sit down.”

Kyulkyung nodded and went closer to our direction. She sat at the desk by my right, next to Nayoung.

“Kyulkyung…” I whispered.

“Oh, hey, Chaeyeon…” She said hi.

I noticed the change of her tone. I wondered of it but I had to focus on the lesson.

*break*

I came to lunch with my squad. We had picked our meals and got a table.

“Where’s Nayoung?” Sejeong asked.

“She’s coming…” Chungha said, seeing their tall Stone Buddha.

“And she brought the new girl,” said Sejeong.

And when I heard of it, I glimpsed seeing Nayoung bringing Kyulkyung. They sat down as Sejeong was being her cheerful self, introducing herself to Kyulkyung.

“Nice to meet you...” Kyulkyung shook hands with her.

“This is Chungha and-“

“Chaeyeon…” Kyulkyung said as she and Chaeyeon stared at each other.

“You knew each other?” Nayoung asked.

“Yeah…she was my classmate during the evening classes. Anyways, how’s Sohye?” Chaeyeon said as asked Kyulkyung.

“She’s studying here. Haven’t you seen her?” She asked back and Chaeyeon shook her head.

“She was taking advanced classes but she’s a year younger than us.” Kyulkyung added.

“Okay…shall we eat?” Sejeong asked, getting the tension off of themselves.

All of them ate in silence. Chaeyeon wondered of Kyulkyung while eating. She was cheerful when they first met but now, she’s changed.

What made you change, Kyulkyung?

Kyulkyung was hanging around with Nayoung until they got to the exit, heading home.

“See you around.” Nayoung waved goodbye.

Kyulkyung waved back and walked towards her scooter. She grabbed her helmet when she saw Chaeyeon, waiting at the bus stop. She got on and rode, heading towards her direction. She stopped and saw a shocked Chaeyeon.

“You’re waiting for the bus?” Kyulkyung asked and Chaeyeon could only nod.

“Just relay the directions. I’ll take you home.” Kyulkyung said.

“Kyulkyung, it’s fine. You don’t have to-“

“Get on or I’ll drag you.” Kyulkyung threatened her.

Chaeyeon gasped of this side of Kyulkyung. But she nodded and hopped on. Kyulkyung gave her her helmet and she drove. Chaeyeon relayed the directions to her as Kyulkyung drove in accordance. In less than ten minutes, she arrived at an apartment.

“T-Thanks, Kyulkyung…” Chaeyeon hopped off and gave Kyulkyung her helmet.

“No problem. The next time we see each other, we’re going home together. You didn’t tell me we live in the same building,” said Kyulkyung, parking her scooter.

“R-Really?!!” Chaeyeon grew shocked.

“Yeah. Sohye and I are roommates. You should go say hi. That penguin probably missed you.”

 

*Kyulkyung’s POV

“Yeah. Sohye and I are roommates. You should go say hi. That penguin probably missed you.”

She nodded and went in. I sighed. Chaeyeon was still the person I knew two months ago. I went inside towards my room. As I got inside, Sohye was already cheerful and there was Chaeyeon.

“Unnie, you didn’t tell me you and Chaeyeon-unnie were classmates.” Sohye boomed.

“Yeah, yeah...” I said, putting my helmet on the table.

“You and your grumpy replies…” Sohye mumbled.

“I came here to get my box of cigarettes. I’m off again.” I said; the box in my hands.

“Okay, unnie. Don’t go home late.” Sohye said.

“Sure, Sohye.” I nodded and left.

As I closed the door, my mood was on fire. I went to the parking area where my scooter was and drove fast. My hold on the turbo was fast as I sped towards the Han River. I stop and hopped off. I grabbed a stick and my lighter and lit. I puff a cloud of smoke and kicked a rock, splashing it towards the river. You might be wondering why I’m like this. How in the world did I wipe out the cheerful Joo Kyulkyung in the face of the earth?

~FLASHBACK

Jung Chaeyeon was one person I could never forget. When I first laid my eyes on her, I thought it was so ty of me to have a girl crush. But with Sohye and her as close friends, I was getting to like being with her. And when Sohye hangs around with the other girls, I was left with Chaeyeon. We often talk some things, teach each other of the lessons, and hang out whenever Sohye was around or not. And as the days pass by, I developed a certain feeling towards Chaeyeon. But I had to keep it, afraid of her reaction or that it’ll wreck our friendship. But when the evening classes have to end, I had to tell her. It was a full moon as I pulled Chaeyeon towards the terrace. I confessed my feelings towards her and she went silent. And with her dazed look, she must’ve been shocked. I face-palmed myself. How could I be so stupid to pull that act?

A month later, I tried again. I still had her number and we texted. At that time, the mutual understanding was developing. There were also times we had our meetings and I was happy to hang out with her.

“Chaeyeon, can I take you out this Saturday?” I asked.

“Sorry, Kyulkyung…but I have an errand to go.” She said and I understood.

But do you know what the worst thing that happened was? I saw her with a guy at the café’. I was pissed. I can’t believe she had the guts to lie to me. And that didn’t end there. There was this one time I saw her at the same café’ with the same guy. She told me we’d go somewhere and here she was, lying again.

“Kyulkyung…” Chaeyeon gasped as she saw me.

I snickered and left. I heard Chaeyeon telling me to wait and felt her holding my arm.

“Kyulkyung, I-“

“How could you have the guts to lie to me? You should’ve just told me that you don’t like me and I could’ve stopped this madness as soon as possible.” I said to her, making her freeze.

“Kyulkyung, I’m so sorry…” She was crying and holding my arm.

“What did I do to you, Chaeyeon? Tell me…” I asked.

“You know why I engage our meetings? It’s because I want to prove to you again. That moment at the terrace was stupid so I had to step it up. I thought we were going somewhere. I guess I’m the loser again…” I said, resisting my tears.

“Kyulkyung, please…let me explain. It’s not what you think…” Chaeyeon pleaded, holding my arms.

“Just tell me to stop and I will…” I mumbled.

“Kyulkyung…”

“I’ve been stupid again. Sorry to disturb your evening. You should go back…” I said, wanting to end this nonsense.

“Kyulkyung~” I felt her hug me from the back.

Don’t do this to me, Jung Chaeyeon. I’ve hand enough…

I let go of her hug and sprinted away from her. I always believed that my little admiration could level up. I had my hopes up. I never thought it could collapse so easily. I was lost. I never thought an innocent girl like her could lie. It was then I learned that I should really stop catching her and win her heart…

I sighed as I was reminded of that. In conclusion, the cheerful optimistic Joo Kyulyung was gone. My cigarette was almost out. I huff the last puff of smoke and squished the little stick. I decided to go back to the apartment, hoping Chaeyeon left our room.

Off to the convenience store for Sohye’s cookies…  I thought as I hopped on my scooter and sped off.

***

Kyulkyung got inside the classroom and was shocked to see some students around her table. She raised an eyebrow and they made way for her. She sat down as a cheerful Sejeong greeted the latter.

“Good morning, Kyulkyung~” She sang.

“Mind her, Kyulkyung. She’s crazy,” said Nayoung.

“Yah, Kim Sejeong. Don’t scare our new classmate off!” Chungha yelled.

Sejeong whined and Kyulkyung laughed. Sejeong smiled at her again as Chungha and Nayoung face-palmed for the god’s dorky nature. It stopped as Chaeyeon came in. She was carrying a lot of stuff. Kyulkyung sighed and went to help her.

“What’s this?” She asked her.

“Teacher said that I should set up the projector and white screen for the lecture,” said Chaeyeon.

“You should’ve told anyone to help you. Jeez…” Kyulkyung said, setting up the white screen.

“S-Sorry…” Chaeyeon said timidly.

“Whatever.” Kyulkyung finished helping her and went back to her seat.

“Kyul…kyung.” Chaeyeon called but stopped as Kyulkyung ignored her.

It was awkward for the rest of them. Sejeong asked of the sudden approach when Chungha slapped her shoulder, telling her to shut up and act like they didn’t hear anything. Chaeyeon was finished setting up as the teacher came in. Chaeyeon sat and couldn’t get her eyes off of Kyulkyung again. She sighed as the thoughts came back to her.  She had to focus on the lesson now and to settle this once and for all.

***

Kyulkyung went home like the usual. She was chewing her gum, fiddling her keys, and heading towards her scooter when Chaeyeon was there before her.

“What are you doing there, Chaeyeon?” Kyulkyung asked.

“I…I want you to pick me up.” Chaeyeon said.

Kyulkyung was befuddled of Chaeyeon’s sudden approach. Kyulkyung raised an eyebrow at her and lets her wear her helmet.

“Okay. Hop in.” Kyulkyung said.

Chaeyeon smiled lightly. Kyulkyung could only sigh and checked if Chaeyeon was good to go. Once she was, she sped off towards their building. During the ride, Kyulkyung became slow in terms of speed, prioritizing her passenger’s safety. She would fidget as Chaeyeon wrapped her arms around her waist.

“You don’t have to do that. I’m not speeding, okay?”

“Can I? I really want to,” said Chaeyeon.

“Whatever.” Kyulkyung replied.

The drive went on as Chaeyeon’s arms were around Kyulkyung’s waist. Chaeyeon smiled, trying to lean her head on Kyulkyung’s shoulder. Chaeyeon noticed the sky, especially the full moon.

“Kyulkyung, can we stop to watch the full moon?” She asked.

“We’re almost by the Han River. We can stop there.” Kyulkyung answered.

Chaeyeon nodded and it didn’t take that long for them to stop. Kyulkyung parked the scooter as Chaeyeon went down. Kyulkyung gets rid of Chaeyeon’s helmet and fixed her hair. Chaeyeon froze of the sudden contact. Kyulkyung noticed her actions and stopped but Chaeyeon held her hand…and placed it on her cheek.

“Chaeyeon…what are you…” Kyulkyung was shocked as Chaeyeon leaned onto her hand.

Kyulkyung got rid of her hand and sighed. Chaeyeon sighed and held Kyulkyung’s arm.

“Let’s watch the full moon.”

Kyulkyung just nodded and followed her. They were by the riverbank and they watch the full moon. Chaeyeon wanted to sit on the ground when Kyulkyung took off her big jacket and placed in on the ground.

“You can sit now.” Kyulkyung said.

“Sit with me.” Chaeyeon held her hand.

Kyulkyung sighed and sat down next to her. Kyulkyung watched the moon, reminding her of what happened. And with Chaeyeon next to her, her thoughts have gotten much sweeter.

“I remember that day…when you confessed to me…” Chaeyeon began.

“So what about that?” Kyulkyung asked her.

“I was so timid at that time. I may be smart in your eyes but I was always confused. I don’t know how to act, react, and even interact properly. I was grateful I made friends with you and Sohye. I felt happy.”

“I see.” Kyullyung responded.

“But I never thought someone could really like me…” Chaeyeon said and Kyulkyung faced her.

“But that was already over.” Kyulkyung said.

“Kyulkyung…” Chaeyeon reached to hold her face.

“Don’t.” Kyulkyung backed away.

“I’m so sorry for not being true to you. Please let me explain everything, just this one night…please…” Chaeyeon begged.

“Go on.” Kyulkyung said.

“I was afraid. When I broke up with my ex two years ago, I was still afraid to like a person again. When I knew you, I felt something here…” Chaeyeon grabbed Kyulkyung’s hand and placed it where her heart was.

“I thought it was just a gist that I like you. It didn’t spark at that time but when you gave me that chocolate and wiped my lip, it confirmed something. I counted the days until the end of the evening classes, trying to think of what I should do. And when you confessed to me, I was so happy…but I got more afraid. I didn’t want to regret. I didn’t want to hurt. I thought you’d be the same as my ex…”

“Chaeyeon…” Kyulkyung gave her a disappointed look.

“When you walked away, I felt so stupid. How could I not respond? How could I not tell you that I like you too? How could I just let you go like that?” Chaeyeon cried.

“It’s okay…it’s okay. Don’t say stuff anymore.” Kyulkyung said, wiping Chaeyeon’s tears away.

“And you know that I was really happy you texted me. I was always happy to read your messages. My happiness grew when we would meet. I had the gifts you would give me and I kept thinking to say that I like you…but I grew afraid again. I thought of how to say it to you and asked my ex for advice. But when we met for the second time, he wanted to come back to me. I told him that I already liked someone else and when I saw you, I was at the wrong timing. I never meant to hurt you, Kyulkyung…I swear…” Chaeyeon said again.

Kyulkyung cried with her. She was happy for the truth but she was unsure. Was Chaeyeon really telling her the truth?

“How could you…how could you not tell me?” Kyulkyung asked, tears falling.

“When you ran away from me and stopped your texts, I thought I made the biggest mistake of my life. I tried calling you but you have changed your number. I thought if I leave it all behind me, I wouldn’t disturb you. I thought I was a threat to your life. I had to forget everything.”

Chaeyeon sobbed. Kyulkyung tries to calm her down but Chaeyeon grabbed Kyulkyung’s hand that was on her chest and placed it on her own cheek. Kyulkyung cried with her, caressing Chaeyeon’s cheek. All of her memories were pieces of a disturbing puzzle but as Chaeyeon confessed, she began to form her big picture, little by little.

“When I saw you again, I never thought I changed you. I was so happy to see you. You don’t know how much I missed you and hoped for you to come back. You changed and I grew afraid again. But as you came, I had to tell you everything. I want to settle everything, okay? Know that I did love you…” Chaeyeon sobbed completely.

“I’m so sorry for hurting you and for not being honest about my feelings. You may not accept this but don’t ignore me. Don’t get mad at me. And please…please don’t ever leave me again…”

It was the last straw of Kyulkyung’s deep anger. Instead, she wrapped the other girl around her and kissed her forehead. She shushed her and Chaeyeon hugged her so tight, her head on Kyulkyung’s shouder, her nose nuzzling Kyulkyung’s neck.

“How could I? I’m so sorry for only seeing this now. I shouldn’t have been angry at you. How could I…” Kyulkyung regretted of changing herself.

Kyulkyung lowered her head but Chaeyeon held her chin up. She caressed her face, wiped her tears away, and said:

“I love you. I love you, Kyulkyung…”

Kyulkyung waited for those three words from Chaeyeon and she felt so happy. Chaeyeon pulled her close to herself and leaned their foreheads together.

“I never lost hope for you. I love you too…I always had…and I always will.” Kyulkyung said back.

Chaeyeon held Kyulkyung’s face and their lips met in their first kiss. Kyulkyung kissed back and once they broke, they hugged. Chaeyeon was relieved to share her feelings, making her brave this time around. For Kyulkyung, her deep grudge has faded. She learned to be herself again. She found her love again. She found her Chaeyeon…

***

*one year later*

“Pinky~~~”

“I don’t want to go to school…five more minutes…” A sleeping Kyulkyung groaned.

*pinch*

“YAH!” Kyulkyung got up quickly, feeling a pinch on her waist.

She rubbed that part and groaned; her eyes still droopy. She yawned, stretched, and froze when she felt lips on her cheek. She felt a person hugging her tight and continued to deliver her army of kisses on her cheek.

“C-Chaeyeon??” Kyulkyung asked; dazed.

“Hey, Pinky~” Chaeyeon called Kyulkyung of her pet name.

“Is it morning already?” Kyulkyung asked as she yawned.

“You just took a nap, babo. It’s almost 6 in the evening,” said Chaeyeon.

“Where’s Sohye?” Kyulkyung asked of the empty bed.

“She’s with her classmates, Yoojung and Somi. They will be at the arcade. Goodness those kids…but you know what the best part is?” Chaeyeon said then asked.

“What?”

“We have the place to ourselves…” Chaeyeon smirked and lunged at Kyulkyung.

Chaeyeon showers Kyulkyung with her kisses and Kyulkyung could only chuckle. She tickled Chaeyeon and they switched places, making Kyulkyung on top. Kyulkyung leaned down and they share an intimate kiss.

“I love you…” Chaeyeon mumbled as they broke.

“I love you too…” Kyulkyung replied.

Kyulkyung noticed a light illuminating outside as Chaeyeon kissed her cheek. Kyulkyung got off of Chaeyeon as she saw the full moon again.

“The moon’s full and out again. Let’s go see,” said Kyulkyung.

Chaeyeon was hoisted up by her girlfriend and they went outside to see the full moon. Kyulkyung was hugging Chaeyeon from the back as Chaeyeon leaned onto her. As they watch the full moon with all of its second-hand light, they were reminded of their love. Even if the moon isn’t around at the day yet only at night, they vow to love each other. And as the moon is full, they had to remain together forever…

 

 

 

After 1234567890 seconds of not updating this, finally I have the update. Mind me for the plot.

Don't forget to read "IOI Shikshins One-Shot Collection", specifically "Dance-Off". And for the reader of this collection, do comment the IOI ship you want to cameo.