Chapter One: Bae Suji and Taecyeon

Doctor Revenge

DOCTOR REVENGE

CHAPTER ONE: BAE SUJI AND TAECYEON

Park Jiyeon exhaled deeply and looked curiously at Jieun. Jieun sat beside her with orange juice in her hand, she drank little by little as she pouted. Jiyeon put the supporting arm on her shoulder and asked. "Jieun, why are you pouting? Did something happen?"

"I don't pout." she stated as she pouted more. Jiyeon simply nodded her head, pretending to belive her statement. Jieun turned to her with fast movemnt and with puppy eyes asked. "Jiyeon, do you have someone you like?"

She nodded her head and smiled. "Yes, I have a lot of people I like."

Jieun shook her head. "No, not that kind of like! Romantically! Do you have someone you like romantically? Someone you can't spend a day without thinking about him?" 

Her shoulders tensed and her smile flatered, but before Jieun could notice it, she smiled again. "No, I don't have that someone. I'm too busy with work." she replied. "Besides, we doctors don't really have that kind of time for romance, don't you think? Aren't we busy with mending people?" 

Deep down she knew the truth. Even she wanted someone she loved, but she knew that it wasn't possible at least until she got her revenge. Revenge came first, then came the other things like romance and work. Because, if she wanted to get her revenge and humilate Yoo Junsu,she has to focus on the thing that mattered the most. 

"True." Jieun agreed. "But, I wonder how Taecyeon oppa manages. He works and dates. It's like he's a Superman or something."

"Jieun, did you forget who is the person Taecyeon loves? What kind of disease she has? She's dying, Jieun. Dying and the cure isn't found. I'll hardly call that happy. Both of them must be suffering." 

"You have no idea." stated Shinhye as she stood in front of them, crossing her arms sadly. Her short hair looked swayed and her earings swayed and she sat beisde her, looking sad at nowhere. "She cried again last night after Taecyeon left. It's hard. I wonder how they manage with that much pain in their chests. If it were me, I would probbaly go crazy." 

"Isn't there any way we can help? At least help Taecyeon oppa? It must be hard for him with the knowledge that his loved one is dying! He must be suffering and it seemed like that he's having hard time sleeping! Nowadays, he always arrives with darks circles around his eyes!" Jieun exclaimed. 

"There's nothing we can do." Jiyeon stated. "If we interfere, we'll probably make it harder for them. So, the best we can do is leave them alone for now. Let them have the little time they have left." 

That's what she didn't have, Jiyeon withought grimacely. Time, that's what she did not have. She thought her mother was going to come back alive and well, cured from her illness. But, she didn't and she was left alone in the orphanage at young age. 

"Jiyeon's right." Shinhye agreed. "We should leave them alone for now."

"Our lunch time is over." Jiyeon stated. "Let's go back to work." 


"Hyunwoo, what are you doing sleeping on hospital bed? You do know that that bed is for patients with serious illness, right? Now for your lazying around." Wooyoung stated as he sighed in annoyance. "Shall I tell you how Seungho might punish you if he found out? He might make you spend the night here guarding the place with Kang Sora, you know?" 

Lee Hyunwoo bolted up in the surprise. He looked at Wooyoung pouting and with a shift movement, he pushed himself off the bed easily. Hyunwoo walked out of the room and Wooyoung followed after him, his hands in his pockets. "You know, why are you so uptight?" he asked. 

"If you're calling me uptight, what do you call Shiyoon? Super uptight?" 

Hyunwoo made a hand gesture. "Point taken."


"Oppa." Suji called, shaking the sleeping body which was sleeping on the corner of her bed. His hair was untidy and his slow yet relaxed breathing as he slept made her feel relaxed for some unknown reason. "Oppa." She shook him. 

He mumbled somthing, but Suji doubted that he was waking up. "Oppa!" she shook him again. 

Silence. 

She sighed. Really, she wondered if there was anyone on the Earth who was hard to wake up as Taecyeon. He slept even when there were people argiung, screaming and throwing things. It was somewhat amazing how he slept. "Oppa!"

He did not move. Sighing, she decided to resort to the final choice. If trying to wake him up wouldn't work, she would just drop freezing water on him. It worked nine times out of ten. 

She stood up,poured water to her cup and smiling, she dropped the cold water on him. 

He bolted up in the surprise and with a shift movement, opened his eyes. He stared at Suji and sighed. "Do you have to wake me up like that every single time?" 

"You won't wake up unless I do that." she stated. "Anyway, the lunch time is almost over. You better go to your office. See if Doctor Yoo is doozing off like you in his office."

"That's a good idea." he stated and moved to kiss her. The kiss was short, but passionate and as he stood up to head towards sdoor, Suji waved. "Oppa, visit me after your shift ends!"

"Of course." 


Taecyeon tries to remember why he had become Doctor in the first place. He tooks a deep sigh, before opening the door. 

That's right, he thinks. It was his sister who had deadly disease. The same one that Suji has. 

He takes big steps and wonders what he could have done to deserve the pain and suffering he encountered. He wasn't nesecarrily good person, but her was not bad person either. He helped people to survive, yet it seemed that as days passed like a second, it was becoming harder and harder to live with Suji and her cheerful attiude. 

He does not know what to do with himself. He thought about commiting suicide once Suji dies, but Taecyeon thought that it would probably be insult to her and his sister. 

"Taecyeon." says Seungho as he sits behind his desk. His desk was filled with all kinds of documents and Taecyeon wonders for a second there how in the world Seungho manages to get behind all these documents. He must be Flash, he decided though Taecyeon doubted that was the truth. After all, everyone knows that Superman and Flash and other superheroes are all fictional. 

Seungho places cup of soju on his desk and says with a calm face. "Drink. Cheer up." 

Taecyeon thinks that he's had enough and decides to drink. "Thanks, you arrogant bastard."