Chapter One: The Beggining

Doctor Revenge

DOCTOR REVENGE

PROLOGUE: THE BEGGININNG OF ALL


"Mommy! Mommy! Why are you not waking up, mommy!" Jiyeon cried, tears forming in her eyes. Her mother was lying on the hospital bed with eyes closing. Jiyeon didn't check whatever or not she was breathing or whatever or not her heart was beating, because if she did and found out that her mother was dead, Jiyeon didn't think that she would be able to take it. 

If her mother died, she would be all alone in this scary world, Jiyeon realized. 

"She's dead." Doctor Yoo stated. "Your mother is dead."

Her breath got caught in and for a moment there she was unable to breathe. Because, Doctor Yoo has to be lying, right? There was no way her mother was dead, was there? He had to be lying. 

She shook her head. "No, you're lying. My mother isn't dead. She's alive! Tell me the truth!" 

Doctor Yoo kneeled on his knee as he hung his head down. "I'm sorry, Miss Park. But, what I said right now is the truth. Your mother is dead and won't be coming back. I did everything I could, but I couldn't save her life." he said. "I'm sorry." 

With tears streaming down her face, she ran through hospital hallway. It was becoming hard to breathe, but she did not care about that. It didn't matter that she died. Because, her mother doesn't live in this world anymore. Her chest hurt and she stumbled walking as hot tears fell down her face and made her hiccup. 

And as she ran, she bumped shoulders with someone. "Hey, watch where you're going!" A boy her age yelled. She should have apologized, but she simply didn't have a heart to do that anymore. That's why she continued running.

Her legs started to hurt and before she even knew it, she was outside. The rain was puring hard as if knwing that she was sad, so sad that she could hardly walk and breathe. 

Jiyeon wondered if anyone would care anymore if she died. Of course no one would, because she's an orphan. She's an orphan whose mother died. She's an orphan whose father abandoned her and her mother the day he found out her mother was pregnant. 

She is an aorphan whom nobody cares. 

And, at that moment as the rain poured down her face and she cried, she felt more dead than alive.