The Dark Boy Part 1

It Started With A Dream



*Dreams are written in this colour  

Justina's POV

As soon as I began drifting off into a deep slumber, I entered into my dream world. Waking up in my dream world was always the best feeling for me since it felt so real that it was like awaken to the real world but... better. 

Along with a gush of the wind, the environment around me changed. Short wild green grass began to pop up from the ground which had grown three times its size and became a mini mountain, and then all of a sudden a tree emerged from deep with the soil. I couldn't help but smile when I saw that a swing was tied to one of the tree's branches. Like a child, a peeled off my shoes and ran barefoot to the swing. 

I discarded my shoes beside the trunk of the tree and took one of the strings before sitting down on the wooden plank. I giggled as I became happier at the idea of swinging. I gently kicked my feet off the ground, letting my body push toward the sky. The more I pushed myself, the higher I got. Sooner or later, I was now swinging so high that I could see the grassy mountain I was on. I noticed that I wasn't on a mountain but an island. The waves crashed against the sides of the island, slowly shaping it and the sun beamed down on me making me feel at peace. 

The smile then fell from my face as realisation struck me. I was alone. Even though everything around me was beautiful, how can I enjoy it if there's no one to enjoy it with? 

"Don't say that, noona." A tiny voice said.

My neck snapped around to see who had spoken. From behind the tree, I saw some hair sticking out before it retreated behind it. I decided to sneak up on the small person who was hiding. As soon as I was visible to the person, they instantly turned to run but before they could even run, they tripped and fell. I giggled at how the person fell with both their arms in front of them but quickly ran over to check if they were okay. 

"Gwenchana?" 

The person was revealed to be a little boy that looked to be around the age of three. He looked up at me before scrunching his face as if he was about to cry. 

"Oh no. Please don't cry. It's okay, you're fine," I reassured him as I brought him into my arms.

"Apa~" he whined.

"It hurts? Eodie?" I asked as I let go of him.

He pointed to his knee and then I noticed the small scratch that had bruised his delicate skin. 

"Is this where it hurts?" I asked as I touched his wound. He flinched under my touch before slowly nodding. 

I don't have a band-aid right now but I can create one. I closed my eyes and thought of a band-aid. As soon as I opened my eyes, it was in my hand ready to be used. I took off one of the papers and placed the sticky part down, and then the opposite for the other part. I took a step back to look at my work.

"Noona?" the boy called out. I hummed in response as I looked up at him. "You shouldn't say things like that."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"You said that you were alone," he pouted. 

"How did you hear that? I said that in my head," I said.

"Noona. I'm able to hear your thoughts. I'm from your imagination, remember?" he said, refreshing my memory.

I was taken back by how clever this three-year-old was. I pinched his cheeks.

"Aigoo~ Aren't you clever?" I cooed.

"That's what my name means," he added.

"It does?" He nodded. I let go of his cheeks and squinted my eyes at him. "Wait, what is your name?"

"Myung-Ki."

"Myung-Ki?" I repeated slowly before my eyes widened in realisation. "You're Myung-Ki?! How come you're older than the last time I saw you?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not too sure either."

"So how old are you now?"

He counted his fingers before putting up three fingers. "Sam."

Three. So I was right about his age. He's just as dark as his kingdom. He giggled at me which made me raise my eyebrow.

"Ok, Myung-Ki. Can you tell me where you're here? Where are your parents?"

"Back at the dark castle," he casually said.

"Then how did you get here?" That's strange, usually, I call them here or I go see them. They never come here against my will.

"Noona, I can hear your thoughts, remember?" he reminded me as he giggled. 

"Oh right."

"To answer your question, the only thing I know is that I sensed that you arrived here in our world and then I just followed your presence here," he explained.

"My presence?" He nodded. I then looked at him weirdly. "What are you?"


a/n: Hi, my hyungs~! Sorry that this chapter was so short but since this dream is going to be long, I plan to split into either two-three parts. Anyway, tell me what you think of this dream so far and Myung-Ki.

I'm actually also making a fanfic trailer for this story. So I'm looking forward to showing you guys it after I complete it! 

~~~Kkaebsong~~~



© rawnoodles