Chapter Five : Method One

Innocent Love (순진한 사랑)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Method 1 : Memorable gifts

"If you want Junmyeon to remember you, give something which is memorable to him, but make sure you don't get caught!"

 

We are in the cafeteria, while discussing about the 'Methods In Order to Get Joohyun's Prince 
Charming' (as said by Somi). 

 

"But how? Junmyeon gets presents almost every day. From flowers, cakes, chocolates, and foods." I pout. It was only the first method and I already thought of giving up. I wish I shouldn't agree with Somi the other day, and the tiny voice.

"So that's why you should give something unique. Something other than what he usually gets. Something that stands out than others." Nayeon says.

"Like what?" I ask. Something unique?

"Maybe a watch?"
"Way out of budget."
"Bento?"
"Seungwan, I might burn the whole house down."
"How about books?"
"Books? Well he is a book person, I think."

But if I were to give him books, what books should I give? Romance? Teen romance? Business? Literature like something like Romeo and Juliet? But he's not someone who's into romance, even though he probably will be romantic to his future girlfriend.

'Future girlfriend'? Just by thinking about it makes me feel disappointed. As if I know that we'll never be together. But my teacher, Mrs. Son used to say, 'If you don't try, you'll never know.' So why don't give it a shot, right? Who knows maybe I could gain the title of Kim Junmyeon's girlfriend.


"It says here in the book that if you want to give something, the best gift is something you treasure most. It's not necessarily to buy something, but just give something suitable for him. It's the simple things in life that makes it special."

"I can give him you guys." I joke, and earn playful looks from them. Well Joohyun, you surely have a 'good' sense of humour. Well I was born with it I think? Or I inherit it from my father?

"Lame, Joohyun, lame."
"I know, but at least I try, okay?"
"Whatever, okay back to business! So, any other ideas?"

I try to think of a suitable gift to give him, I could almost listen to the movement of gears in my brain (Exaggerating much?). 

"Ah, I don't know!" I sigh and eat a piece of kimbab. Thinking needs energy, you know? 

And as if the kimbab has some sort of magic and send my wishes up to the sky, I notice my charm bracelet I wore, sparkling brightly as the ray of the sun shine shone through the window. 

My charm bracelet? It is something I treasure most, but would I rather give it to Junmyeon? 

They say when you give something you love to someone you love, eventually you'll get something in return and you can share your happiness with others. 

But guys don't wear such thing like a charm bracelet! 

But a charm bracelet is not necessarily to wear at your wrist, right? You can also use it as a lucky charm and hang it at your favourite pen or bag.

"I'll think about it later."

-

"Hurry up guys before he comes!"

So apparently I've decided to just give him my precious charm bracelet and hang it at his scooter's handle. I hope this gift is quite memorable for him. Well, sounds easy right?


NO.


His scooter was full of flowers and chocolates! How will he notice my present? I want my present to stand out the most, among all the cheesy gifts. I was wondering how can he carry all these gifts almost every day?

"Okay, put everything in this paper bag, including all the gifts. We must make sure Joohyun's present is noticable!" 

We rushly put all the chocolates and flowers in the basket. Nayeon was in charge of making sure the coast was clear.

"Wow, this is quite heavy." Soojung grunted. The bag was full of gifts like chocolates, teddy bears, all the cliché gifts, you name it, and they also gave BERYL'S WHICH IS MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE. 

But I rarely ate even a bar of it due to its high price. My family is not that wealthy, you know? We're living in a not-so-rich yet not-so-poor life, like something in the middle.

Dang, girls in this school does have some fortune in their wallets.

"GIRLS! RED ALERT, RED ALERT!" Nayeon shouts from afar and all I could see from afar was a storm of students. We immediately ran towards the other direction. Phew, that was close! If we were to get caught, then I SWEAR I AM DEAD. Like not really dead, just dead dead.

"But what are we going to do with these?" Asks Somi who was still panting after all the run, as she shows the packed paper bag, and I realised Seungwan was eating one of the chocolates!

"Seungwan, seriously?"
"What? I was hungry, okay?"

"I suggest.." I said, and all of them are focusing on me. "We should just donate this to the children of Chunga Hospital where Soojung's sister's boyfriend is working at. Wait, what's his name? Yifan, right? They deserve this, don't you think?"

"That's a good idea. I'll send these to him later and ask him to distribute them to the children." Soojung suggested.

I suddenly remembered something.

"But Soojung, you have piano classes this evening, right? So how are you going to give these to him?"

She slaps her forehead, probably forgetting about her important piano lessons.

"Shoot. I almost forgot. The class ends at 6, and I think I couldn't send these by that time."

I figured about it for a while, and volunteered myself to send the gifts. I think I'm responsible for it since... Junmyeon IS my crush and these gifts are for him and I- well, you understand, right?

"I'll send them up. Besides, I'm free this whole evenin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter