Chapter Six : Bunny Band-aid

Innocent Love (순진한 사랑)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Joohyun-a, are you sure you don't want to come along?" Asked mom as she and grandma were packing up some food. The whole family (excluding me) was going to visit my cousin, Sohee, at Busan since she just gave birth to a baby girl! Another addition to the Bae's family. 

"Yep. I just want to stay at home." I said and helped my mom to pack variety types of banchan and handed two big containers of kimchi to dad. I just feel like to just stay at home today and watching some dramas and probably invite the girls for a sleepover. I saw grandpa was already in the car. I guess he couldn't control his excitement to meet his first great-grandchild. 

"Well, suit yourself. But make sure you lock the gate and doors, okay? We'll be back tomorrow so I think you should invite your friends over. No boys are allowed! Call me if anything happened." 


I shook my head at mom. As expected, like which mom in this world is not overprotective? They were meant to be that way, though. That's why they're called 'MOM'. 


"Okay, mom. It's not like I haven't been home alone before, and besides, I'm 17, so I'm capable of taking care of myself."

"But-"

"Mom, I barely talk to any boys, even my classmates and you're going away for like, 2 days only. It's not that long and if I'm really in an emergency, then I'll ask the Ohs for help. See? You don't need to worry about nothing."

"But still-"

"Ara, arayo, my beautiful mom. No worries. Now, go! You don't want to miss the train, right?"

I ushered her to the car and bid my goodbyes and kisses to my whole family. I watched their car until it was out of sight and walked back into the house. Finally, home alone!

I smiled to myself and happily skip back to the house. As I almost step into the door, I heard the squeaky sound of shoes running towards my house. I recognised those sounds so well. I turn around and saw a cute, beautiful little girl with pink skirt running towards me, and she has a dog with her! 
 
"Joohyun eonnie!" She hugged my legs and rubbed her chubby cheeks on it. Gosh, she's too adorable. I can't resist her cuteness!

"Hello, my beautiful Sena. You woke up early today?" I ruffled her hair and peck her head. Sena is a 6 year-old daughter of our neighbour. Even though my family just moved her two months ago, her family treated us so well, and we get along pretty well. 

"Eung. Mummy said we're going to visit my oppa at school! He can't come come today because he needs to study for his exam, so I want to cheer up for him!" Sena enthusiastically grinned and I couldn't help but to smile also. She has a brother? Well, I haven't heard about it before. Probably because he's enrolling in a boarding school.

"Aigo, you're such a good sister, Sena-ya." I pinched her cheeks. But her happy face was replaced with a sad frown. With furrowed eyebrows, I asked her. "Hey, what's with this sad face?"

"Mummy said I can't bring Vivi." Sena lifted up the lash she was holding and the dog barked. I bent down to the same level of Sena's height and patted its- or should I say 'Vivi'- body. It barked and my hands.

"Ah, so your name's Vivi? So cute." I cooed the dog and it suddenly jumped into my lap. Vivi is an adorable bichon dog. 

I've always wanted a pet since I was a kid, but my mom is allergic with fur. There was once when I smuggled an abandoned puppy into my house, and my mom keep sneezing and having rashes all over her body for almost a month. I guess I'm glad I didn't inherit her allergic ness because I'm just in love with pets!


"Joohyun eonnie, can I ask you something?" Sena stared at me with her big, round eyes while fidgeting her fingers. 

"Sure, sweetie. What is it?"

"W-well, are you free today?"

"Today?" Well, I am home alone, and my friends also didn't plan to invite me for shopping or anything. 

"Yeah, I guess. Why?"

"I was wondering if you could take care of Vivi for me? I promise you it won't take long! And I'm also willing to give you my squishy collection! Pretty please, eonnie?" Sena pleaded and I only chuckled.

"Arasso, arasso. I will take good care of your Vivi. And it's free of charge, so just keep the squishies to yourself."

"Really? Thank you eonnie! So here's Vivi's schedule and his do's and don't's. Oh, and also this- it contains Vivi's dish bowls, his treats and toys." She handed me a list and a blue bag with a paw printed on it. I gawked while reading the list Sena prepared throughly. Basically the list that was written in pink and purple markers with glitters goes like this:

10 a.m. - Morning walk for atleast 30 minutes around the neighbourhood.

11 a.m. - Groom Vivi's fur with the BLUE comb. Green can only be used after bathing.

12 p.m. - Feed Vivi

1 p.m. - Teach and play with Vivi. Give him his treats every time he follows your order.

"What a list..." I murmured to myself. So this Vivi dog is well-taken by its owner. 

"Eonnie! Make sure you follow these schedule, okay?" Sena asks for reassurance. 

"No problem. I'll take good care of this fluffy ball." I ruffled Vivi's fur and he barks.

"Sena, let's go! We're running late, and Joohyun, I hope you don't mind looking after Vivi for a while. Sorry for burdening you." Mrs. Oh says from afar and I shake my head. "Not at all, Mrs. Oh. Besides, I am free the whole day." Taking care of their dog for a while is probably the least thing I could do to repay their kindness. 

"Good bye, Vivi. Behave yourself, okay? It won't take long. I promise I will buy you lots and lots of treats!" Sena exclaimed while spreading her arma widely and Vivi barks along. I could only smile at these two.

"Sena!"

"I'm coming, mommy!" She managed to wave at me and Vivi and ran to the car. Vivi barks as if he knew Sena is going somewhere without him and whimpered when their car was nowhere in sight. 

"So it's just you and me, Vivi."

-

Today was certainly a good day for a walk in the park with the bright, shimmering sun and the cool windy breeze. There are children running here and there, foo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter