The other side

Within the Gloom

    On his door, from time to time he would hear a knock coming from the other side. On the other side of the door, were people who wanted                          to  make his life happy. Someimes he would open his door a fraction, and it would flood his dark world with light so intense it burned his retinas. Upon seeing this he thought to himself 'it is already too late to be able to go back to that bright world', and that it would burn him right up.

  However, that did not stop him from having conversations with the people in the light. He would talk to them, while putting on a fake smile                           and pretending that he was fine. He didn't want to ruin these peoples happiness, and didn't want them asking him if he was "okay?"  He was sick of that word, okay. What did it mean? So instead he just did the thing that he thought would make them satisfied, and he said "I'm fine" while throwing another fake smile onto his face, hoping that these people would feel relieved. Yet at the same time he felt resentment towards these people. Why can't they see through my deception? Can't they see that I am not okay? I am clearly hurting inside. He also thought about why they would talk to him, when he was so dark inside.