The gloom within oneself

Within the Gloom

   Sitting in a room that seemed endless with dusky, gloomy light being the only thing to illuminate the dark world in which they lived.

Here the people felt nothing, yet everything at once. The most overwhelming feeling was numbness. These are people who are overcome with too many events, emotions, or obstacles to comprehend. They decided that the best way to "get-by" was to shut off the pain. Whether it was done consciously or subconsciously, they all befell the same fate. The state of their world was proof of how weak the human heart can be, of how easily it can succumb to emotions. And every person in this world hated it.

  In this world, behind every person was a door. Every door was locked, fastened tight by something that could automatically be assumed to be a lock. But on further investigtion, it was clear to see that it was a heart. It was the heart of the person in front of it. On the other side of the door was the world outside of their minds, filled with many emotions that they had already forgotten how to feel.

Every person had the key to the door, within them. However they overlook it, unable to see everything that they have within themselves.

But who can blame them. This state of their world was their fault brought on to them by other people making them feel this way. After all humans are sensitive beings. Some will take the actions, or words of another to heart. Recieving complicated emotions, that can lead to them causing harm to themselves or to others, emotionally and physically. Humans are also stupid beings, taking words to heart when they are the jealous spite of another, or actions that were an unintentional due to the spur of the moment.