36: Jihyo x Chaeyoung

Countdown ☆ A Twice One-Shot Collection

“Do you think they look good?”

Tzuyu squinted at Chaeyoung instead of the necklaces in her hand, and it annoyed her. Was it so much to ask, just to answer a single question?

“For the thirtieth time today, Chaeyoung, yes. Y. E. S. They look adorable. She will think they are adorable.”

Chaeyoung grimaced at the necklaces. “You didn’t even look at them.”

“If I counted, I’d probably have spent a cumulative 3 hours staring at them. You ordered them a week ago, anyway, what’s the use fretting now?”

“It’s just… what if she doesn’t like them?”

Tzuyu smiled, rolling her eyes. “Even with the cutesy poem on the back of the heart? If she doesn’t like it, you’ll have to throw her out.”

Chaeyoung gasped, closing her fingers around the pendants and moving her hands to her heart. “She’s not an object!”

“So she’ll probably like the bracelets. Come on,” Tzuyu nudged at Chaeyoung’s arm as she began walking, and Chaeyoung hesitantly followed. “Let’s not be late.”

 


 

“This was a stupid idea.”

Tzuyu raised her eyebrows, midway through setting up some decorations for the upcoming party. “You know, everyone’s arriving in half an hour. It’s a bit late to go back.”

“It’s such an overreaction. She’s going to think it’s stupid.”

Tzuyu just sighed as she continued setting up the banner, descending the stepladder once she was done and turning to Chaeyoung. “If you say one more scared thing, I’ll remove all Justin Bieber from our party playlist.”

Chaeyoung gasped. “No!”

“I’m sorry, but sometimes these things are necessary.”

Chaeyoung stared at her best friend, eyes wide and pale. Tzuyu evenly stared back.

“Alright,” Chaeyoung sighed. “I’ll be an optimist.”

Tzuyu smiled. “See, that’s how you do these things.” She stepped back, looking up at the banner to see how balanced it was. “Threaten people until you make everyone happy.”

 

The music was blasting half an hour later, and the first arrival had been Momo. She looked around the room, smiling excitedly and jumping on the spot, and something about her enthusiasm carried onto Chaeyoung.

Next up was Sana and Dahyun together, almost matching Momo’s delight and excitedly complimenting every single decoration made.

Nayeon, Jungyeon and Mina arrived next, apparently from a study session, and they kept smiling at Chaeyoung like they had a point to make, increasing her nervousness. They’d all been hanging out for a while, excitedly discussing the day, until a noise could be heard from the other end of the house.

“Quick!” Jungyeon called out in a raised whisper, and in an instant everyone was hiding, Chaeyoung finding herself next to Dahyun, who was silently giggling at the terrified look on her face. Chaeyoung shrunk behind the sofa, wincing at the oncoming terror.

The door opened. Everyone, all in perfect unison, jumped up, turning and shouting:

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JIHYO!”

Jihyo’s answering shout was so loud that Chaeyoung noticed Mina jumping and covering her ears, but Jihyo's smile afterwards was worth it. While all the girls rushed forth to hug her, Chaeyoung stayed where she was, watching the older girl’s face as she was surrounded by everything that made her happy. The confetti Jungyeon had set off swished down onto everyone, like snowflakes or flower petals, decorating Jihyo’s brightest smile, and Chaeyoung knew she’d never ever be in love with anyone like she was now.

She made her way around the sofa, slowly approaching Jihyo as the others freed her. Jihyo exchanged a joke with Jungyeon, laughing happily, and then slowly turned to Chaeyoung.

“Chaengie,” she said, voice filled with bubbly aegyo, and Chaeyoung happily walked into her hug, feeling warm as Jihyo engulfed her. Jihyo’s hugs were magical; her presence intoxicating.

“Happy birthday,” Chaeyoung said again as she moved out of the hug, and Jihyo scrunched up her hair.

“You’re too sweet. Did you arrange this?”

Chaeyoung nodded, smiling with stars in her eyes.

Tzuyu cleared and Chaeyoung broke out of her reverie.

“Oh, and Tzuyu helped!”

Jihyo laughed again, moving forwards and being followed by all 8 of her best friends. “Alright. What did you get me?”

“Oh! Me first!”

Momo skipped forward, taking a small gift and handing it to Jihyo. Jihyo took it, grabbing a piece of the wrapping and being interrupted before she mercilessly tore it apart.

“It’s an ornamental spoon.”

Jihyo blinked, looking at Momo with slumped shoulders. “You got me an ornamental spoon for my birthday.” Momo smiled happily in answer, and Jihyo sighed, returning to her previous mission of destroying the wrapping paper.

She shook her head at the overly gorgeous spoon in its packaging. “I’ll cherish it, Momo. I’ll think about it every time I use an actual, functional spoon.”

Momo’s smile only brightened.

“Okay, me next! I collaborated with Nayeon for this.”

Time passed as all girls offered their gifts, Jihyo sitting to properly open them all as her friends stood around her, and Chaeyoung felt her butterflies growing as the clock ticked along. Finally, after opening Mina’s gift, Jihyo turned to her girlfriend excitedly, grinning at the younger girl.

“I… um...” Chaeyoung’s eyes sought out Tzuyu’s, and Tzuyu made an are you really paying attention to me and not her right now face that came through so well Chaeyoung quickly looked back, heart melting as she felt herself getting into Jihyo’s huge eyes. “I got you a gift.”

Jihyo’s smile grew slightly, and Chaeyoung took a shaky breath, taking the necklaces out of her pocket. “Couple necklaces!” She said, taking one and moving it towards her quickly. Jihyo flinched at the sudden movement, taking the necklace hesitantly. “Th-they’re really stupid, I’m sorry. I-I got the people to engrave a p-poem on the back, because I felt like it fit and...”

A high-pitched noise distracted her for a second, and Chaeyoung glanced at Momo as she squealed gently, covering with two hands.

“Oh my god,” Jihyo said, smile so big it made her words sound blurry as she eyed the poem. She stood from the sofa on which she'd been sitting, wrapping her arms around Chaeyoung’s neck. “You adorable princess! How the heck am I going to top this! You’re so cute and precious and perfect-”

Chaeyoung felt herself slowly getting squashed as Jihyo’s hug tightened, but she didn’t care. Her smile was plastered onto her face, her cheeks bright red.

Hugging her girlfriend back and hiding her head in Jihyo’s soft hair, Chaeyoung knew she’d be in heaven as long as Jihyo was around.


a/n- You know, sometimes you write the OTP lowest on your personal hierarchy and you end up with a new OTP. It happens. Ohmygodthey'resocutehowdidIneverconsiderthispairing

Also, thank you to everyone who sent in a prompt! I haven't gotten a lot, though. If you have absolutely any ideas, no matter how small, please let me know. I have no idea how I'm going to do half of these chapters haha