Prologue: Yuri's POV

ZNation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

4 years before the apocalypse started...

 

 

It was a fine sunny day. My father took me to his shop, he sells guns.

 

"Yul, when you get old enough and get a family of your own, I hope you won't sell this shop once I'm gone. This shop, means a lot to me. I get income from here that I use for our daily needs and your education. I hope you get what I mean." My father said.

 

"I know, Pa. I will never do that. But, let's put that aside, can you teach me how to use that sniper rifle? You know that I've been craving to learn how to use that since forever." I said. "Pweeaaasshhh~"

 

"Oh alright."

 

 

And that was the day my father taught me how to use the rifle and other guns. And I can say that I'm quite the fast learner and a sharpshooter. He used to be working in the military but he quit and just sell guns. Saying it was a lot safer. Since, well, my mother died giving birth to me so, its just the two of us.

 

"Yul, once you reach 18, I will give you that Remington 700 USR"

 

"For real?"

 

"Really real."

 

"Aww, thanks Pa!"

 

 

Five days after that, the spread of an unknown virus happened. The said virus was confirmed to be very dangerous that can lead to death, the symptoms that were confirmed by the scientists is that the infected person will be experiencing extreme nauseousness and a fever that will continually rise until the persons body could not bare anymore which leads to organ failures and eventually, death... There is no confirmed cure for the new virus.

 

We woke up in the morning, everyone was eating each other. Some of the creatures saw us and went to our house. My father grabbed his gun and managed to lock me on his shop to prevent the creatures from coming inside.

 

"APPA!!! OPEN THIS DOOR!!!" I shouted from the inside while banging the door.

 

"Just keep quiet, Kwon Yuri!!! Here's what you got to do: stay in there and never, ever make even a single noise, you got that!? And when you feel or don't hear anything from the outside, you go out. Do you get that, Kwon Yuri!?!" My father instructed me.

 

"But, what about you?" I sobbed.

 

"Don't worry about me. I'm doing what any reasonable parent would do. Now, will you promise me... Promise me that you will survive from this... Promise me that you will live..." He said, I could tell that he was crying.

 

"..."

 

"Promise me, Kwon Yuri!!!"

 

"I-I promise, A-Appa... I will live... For us..."

 

We were silent after that. Then I heard gunshots. It la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter