II.

Smile for me
Please log in to read the full chapter
II.

Grandma soon left me to help my aunt with her dress, so that everyone could finally be ready to drive to the church and attend the wedding ceremony. It was just a little get-to-know-each-other party before the big event, held at my aunt’s house but I felt so out of place. There were approximately 200 people around me and I knew like 15 out of them. I was never the one who liked socialising, so I stayed still, fidgeting anxiously and checking my dress in the mirror. Was it long enough? Didn’t it expose too much? Were my legs all alright?

“What are you looking at?” I heard a familiar male voice and when I turned to my right, there he was; Kim Taehyung, my one and only cousin. It took me by surprise that he was actually wearing appropriate clothes because he was so into baggy pants and oversized jumpers that I was afraid that he might not wear anything else for the next 20 years. He was wearing a black tie with a lounge suit and it actually suited him. He looked undeniably good. At least, better than how he usually looked.

“My dress,” I sighed heavily. “You know that I hate them and I want to make sure that it’s not too short,” I examined myself one last time and when I finished, he twirled me around for a closer look. He was never that kind of guy who complimented me since I was her cousin and on top of that a female one, so it would have been an understatement to say that I was shocked when he nodded.

“It seems pretty alright to me,” he commented on the dress which made me blush deeply. Oh god, what hit him so hard that he actually considered me as a girl and not his cousin? I must have been so surprised because he noticed that my eyes widened and furrowed his eyebrows curiously.

“What?”

“It’s just that you don’t usually say things like that,” I shrugged my shoulder like it wasn’t a big deal but it was. It seemed that the only good thing at this wedding was Taehyung so far.

“As much as I know that you hate dresses, I know that you need praises because you would whine all night, crying over the fact that you’re the ugliest girl on the planet and I don’t want that,” he grinned wickedly and I exactly knew what he was trying to do. Oh boy, he started his usual teasing session again!

“Oh, well, thank you, that’s very kind of you,” I huffed slightly and nudged his shoulder. It was my turn to get my revenge. “You still didn’t forget about the fact that every guy here is better-looking than you, right?” I bickered and it felt so good.

Since I grew up as an only child, I didn’t have anyone who I could fight with but Taehyung was always there. He was my uncle’s son and he was the same age as me, so we got on well from the very start. Both of us knew that we were tempted to bite off each other’s heads when we were in the same room but neither of us took it seriously. I became kind of boyish and had more guy friends than girl friends because I’d spent more time with Taehyung than with anyone near me but I honestly didn’t mind it. However, when my family moved to Seoul, Taehyung stayed in Busan, so we couldn’t spend as much time together as we wanted. Yet, there were always those fancy family occasions, right? Not to mention that we always spent our summer break together. Literally from the first week until the last; we were inseparable.

“Oh, really?” he whined as if he was offended but I swore I saw a hint of playfulness in his chocolate-brown eyes. “Who do you think is the best-looking guy here?” he asked, wiggling his eyebrows, so I started to scan the whole living room as carefully as I could. Then, my eyes suddenly came in sight with the blonde photographer who was more than attractive and I immediately pointed to him.

“Maybe him.”

“The one with the broad shoulders?” Taehyung were still searching for the guy but he hit it dead-on, so I nodded while a grin was evident on my face.

“Yes, I was talking about him.”

“Are you serious?” he yelped in surprise and something in my gut told me that he wasn’t expecting someone like him. Well, blondies weren’t exactly my type but he was so masculine and his eyes formed happy little crescents which was the most adorable thing I’d ever seen in my life. “Why him?”

“Because he looks so mature and kind. He has those beautiful chestnut-brown eyes and blonde curls. And he’s wearing a pink suit. I mean, not everyon

Please log in to read the full chapter