To the hands I missed

Outside the Norm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    
                       

“  Hyun?...  “


Yonghwa’s POV


I stood agape in disbelief that before my eyes she is standing in front of me. Seo Juhyun, SNSD’s maknae, the girl I was pining for a long time, the girl who changed my very existence by appearing on that fateful night at the lobby of MBC, the inspiration to almost all my songs, the secret crush that is not so secret anymore to people who knows me is standing before me in her oversize coat, face mask and hoodie.

‘ Heh! Nice try Hyun… no matter how hard you try to hide yourself I will always know it’s you. You don’t even know how you exude this almost angelic aura that no article of clothing could possibly hide. ‘ Yonghwa thought.
 

I couldn’t believe it.. Is this a dream? An illusion from my chained heart? Is this the product of too much alone time that my mind suddenly conjures what my heart truly wants to see. To say I was shocked was an understatement. The calmness of my heart before turned into a raging cannon that I could barely hear anything else anymore.

I know she was trying to conceal her identity. Hide from the prying eyes of the public. She was always careful of how to act and say around people. Cautious enough to the extent you would think someone is always following her. Well that is kind of true but it’s just too much sometimes. She has preserve herself in a prim and proper way that any mother would praise and compliment her.

We were staring at each after my initial question. Shocked was written all over my face while she was all nervous and fidgety which was a sight to see. It was too funny not to laugh but I knew It was not time for it so I bit my inner cheek to suppress a giggle.

“  Yoong~~ oppa annyeong haseyo  “ she finally said with aegyo after taking off her mask. I never heard a more lovely greeting in all my life. I know I’m biased that way but if you were all alone five minutes ago with your thoughts of all the bad things in life then you hear this beautiful voice from her you would also experience that fluttering feeling.

I couldn’t stopped anymore the chuckle I was holding in for the longest time since I experienced the world’s renowned Seo Juhyun’s Aegyo saying my name “ Yoong “. How long haven’t I heard our nickname for each other. Yoong and Hyuun the perfect combination.

“  Hyuun~~ annnyeong!...  “ I replied with the same tone. Suddenly I noticed the reddening of her cheeks as she blushed realizing what she has called me. She didn’t realize she greeted me sweetly as if she was so happy seeing me.

I’m still at awe and confused of what she is doing in front of me but I could care less. However this is Seo Juhyun we are talking about. She is not like this. She would never do something as reckless as showing herself in front of me. Moreover climbing up this big rock which is very dangerous by the way. I would have never forgiven myself if something dangerous happened to her. She would have a big reason if she risk so much like this.

“  Hyun, what are doing here? How did you managed to come up here? Are you alone? Did anybody see you?  “ I blabbered a thousand questions at her but she was just staring at me like I was a tourist spot to be gawked on. So I change into my choding self.

“ I guess you missed me that much that your lovingly staring at me right now . Stop it Hyuun you are making me blush.  “  I snapping her out of her trance.

“ A… aniyo… I was worried… very worried about you oppa  “ She was stuttering cutely.

“ If you were worried about me, you could’ve just called to check on me  “ I challenged her.

“ You were not answering your phone!  “ She half shouted. She was right I neglected my phone after the news

“  I’m sorry Hyun. I don’t have my phone with me since that incident.  Bruce manager checks on me every three days and tells me if ever some emergency happens.  “

“  I wanted to be alone and think things through  “  I added.

“  So I was wrong in coming here? You’re not happy seeing me?  “ She sadly said.

“  No! No! No! Of course I’m happy seeing you here. But you know it’s dangerous.  “ I reasoned because she’s starting to get sulky. I need to change the atmosphere fast since it’s getting gloomy

 

“ Have you eaten yet? It’s getting really dark  “  I ask her since I’m getting hungry myself.

“  Omo! I haven’t since this morning. I guess I forgot.  “ She pouted cutely when she realize she forgot to eat.

“  You must be really worried about me since the health freak you, managed to forget to eat. Thats a first for you  “  I more to lighten the atmosphere.

“ I really am oppa, because you would never do this. I know you. You won’t do this if you were not really affected about the issue.  “  She stated looking at me with those sparkling sad eyes proving that she really knows me.

“  Where are you staying Hyun?  “ I questioned to change the topic.

“  I haven’t made any arrangements where to stay oppa. I haven’t thought that far when I got here. I just wanted to see you immediately to check on you.  “ She said surprising me because I never knew she could be this reckless just because she was worried about me. I suddenly felt a surge of happiness inside me knowing that I’m still important to her.


“ Kaja Hyun! Let oppa feed you  “ I don’t know where did I got the courage to suddenly grabbed her hand and managed to carry her bag for her. I carefully helped her in going down the rock and I was impressed how she climbed up in the first place.

I have so many questions for her and I know she has a lot of questions for me too. But now I just wanted to enjoy the feeling of holding her hand out in the open. I was happy that she seems to have no plans in letting go of my hands either. I glanced at her while we were walking towards some restaurants. She looked at me answering me with her sweetest smile. I almost literally melted on the spot. It dawned on me that she has really changed from the innocent girl years ago to this beautiful woman.

I jokingly bumped my shoulders to her and she bumped me back still grinning at each other. We were walking for several minutes until I realized all restaurants that we could hide ourselves are already closed. So I suggested that I would cook for her instead at my house since I had no other choice to feed the both of us. Well, I had a few other choices but I wanted to test her courage of how far she will go. How reckless would she be at this moment. I know I should be cautious during this time but the best place to hide ourselves was at my house.

“  Hyuun~~ I guessed we need to eat at my house. All restaurants that are opened are too public for us to eat. I didn’t also bring my wallet so I can’t pay.  “

“Kenchana Oppa, I would’ve paid for us both but since you are poor right now and it’s dangerous to be out in the open it’s better to eat inside.  “ She teased me then bumped me mischievously.

“  You have really changed Hyuun~~ You have become bold and brave. You have really grown up or maybe you are still very innocent not knowing that it will just be the two of us there.  “ I stopped walking and looked at her reaction.

“  A..aanyiooo… I trust you oppa  “ She stuttered. I couldn’t believe she has become more open now and brave. It makes me remember of how we were before. Like the times after our wgm. I started to reminisce that past when everything started and how it was before


I diligently pursued her before after our we got married stint. I kept up with her pace while slowly befriending everyone close to her and even those who have intent on making a move on her. The master plan was get to know everyone around her and become their friends. It was the best plan because we are from the same world as idols. I didn’t know if what I felt that time was love but there was always this feeling of sacrificing everything I have just for her. I know I wouldn’t at that time but I had those feelings. She was never my ideal type however after I met her my ideal slowly became describing her in detail. Though I would give a different name but the feel of how I describe is her. All of her. It’s like my ideal type has personified into a being called

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter