two

Painful but Beautiful

Jungkook turned around and hugged her back, but it was weak. "Once we get married, are we going to live here? Or are we finding a new place?" Yuju said and sat down on the couch. "Yuju. We've only been engaged for a few months." Jungkook laughed lowly. Yuju smiled "I know but I'm just thinking more towards the future." 

 


 

You've only been at work for a couple of hours but you already missed Jungkook. While you opened your locker somewhere in the staff room of the cafe, you saw a picture you and Jungkook took. You were smiling while he kissed your cheek. You remembered at that time it was a cold day and he asked to take a selca with you and you agreed. He started a countdown and at the last second he kissed your cheek capturing a beautiful moment. You chuckled and pressed your finger at his figure on the picture. "You seemed to be in a good mood today." your coworker said and smiled at you putting her stuff in her locker. Her words knocked you out of your daze and you shook your head. "Oh my god, just go home" she said laughing and playfully pushed your shoulder. You laughed "My shifts not over yet, no one's going to take the customers' orders." Your coworker shook her head "My shift is done, I can cover for you if you want to go." "Really?" you said with excitement and she nodded. "Thank you so much." you gave her a hug, packed your things and left. You felt like being nice today so you stopped by Jungkook's favorite pizza place and ordered the combination style.

 


 

"Maybe we should order some pizza?" Yuju asked. "Shall we?" Jungkook chuckled and started dialing his favorite pizza place. He ordered and hung up his phone. "So how are your parents?" Jungkook asked Yuju. "Well. I don't know. They've just been working I guess. Actually the other day... I saw my step mom wearing my mom's dress." Yuju said as sadness filled her eyes. "I didn't say anything but it just kind of hurt my feelings that she was trying to act like my biological mom. Don't get me wrong. She's great but I just don't see her that way." Jungkook nodded, knowing that Yuju's dad's wife right now was not Yuju's biological mom. Her mom died when she was 7 and her father remarried recently. Jungkook patted her head "At least you didn't say anything about. That was pretty cool of you." Jungkook smiled at her. He treated her like a little sister. He's never kissed or slept with Yuju. They were engaged by their parents. Their parents were great friends and Jungkook grew up with her. Yuju ended up falling in love with Jungkook and her father called on the engagement.

Jungkook wanted to tell her about his feelings towards her but his parents forced him to keep an act and marry her for the sake of his familys' company. He hated how he had to keep it a secret from you. He tried to tell you but was so ashamed. He only wanted you to see good things in the world and what he was doing was not one of them. Suddenly the door bell rang. "Pizzas here!" Yuju yelled and ran towards the door.

 


 

 

You barely walked out of the store and tried catching a taxi. You looked down at the pizza in your lap proudly. "I'm such a good girlfriend." you laughed to yourself. Life was really turning into something good. Your cruel pass started fading from your memories and new ones were paved by Jungkook. There couldn't be anyone else like him in this world. He was sincere and caring. You wanted him in your life forever. Your life would be nothing if it weren't for him. Your savior. The taxi finall arrived at the apartment complexes and you walked to the front of the door. You reached in your pocket. "Oh no don't tell me." you said frustrated. You had left your house keys back at work. That's just how forgetful you were. But your savior was just on the other side of the door, thank goodness. You knocked on the door and had the pizza box in your hands ready to surprise him. The door opened and a small figure greated you. Her skin was flawlessly white and her bangs fell perfectly on her forehead. Confused you looked up at the apartment number. Maybe you got the wrong apartment. But before you could check. "Kook-ah~" she turned towards the inside. Wait, no. This couldn't be the Kook you knew. There was no way. You blinked hard and shook your head. Steps approached the door and the manly figure hugged her from behind. There he was. Jeon Jungkook. Your savior. Your comfort. Your world. It all shattered to millions of pieces. 

Was he really serious right now? You picked up your head to look at him. His expression went blank and his heart dropped. It was as if someone punched you right in your stomache. You couldn't breathe. You dropped the food at the front steps and turned around. You were going to walk away, you had no where to go but you were just going. "Y/N.." Jungkook said as he tried approaching you but was pulled back by the wrist by Yuju. You stopped once he called your name. He betrayed you. Loneliness began suffocating you again. You hadn't felt pain like this in a long time. "Where are you going?" Yuju held him back. Her voice was the final blow. You couldn't take it anymore. You ran out of the gate of the apartment complexes. Jungkook pryed Yuju's hands off of him and ran in the direction you went. Yuju was flustered at what had happened but she was furious at the fact that Jungkook was running to comfort you. "Y/N!" Jungkook yelled looking all over the place. 

You heard his voice but you didn't turn back. He was just like the rest of the people in this world. Liars. He caught sight of you and ran to you as fast as he could. He caught up to you and pulled your arm back. "Y/N please let me explain!" he yelled. You made noises trying to escape from his tight grip. "Y/N, stop! Listen to me!" he yelled again as people on the streets started staring at you guys. "I don't want to hear anything from you!" you yelled and built up your strength to pull out of his grip. Tears ran down your face as you nearly escaped but he trapped you in a hug with his mighty arms. You banged your hands on his chest but he still didn't even release, not even a little. Your knees became weak and you fell down to your feet and Jungkook went down with you, on his knees. "You're just like the rest of them." you sobbed as your palms covered your face. "I love you. Only you. Please believe me." Jungkook said pulling your head to his chest. "Kook, you knew. You knew about me. But you still lied to me. You were the only one I trusted in this world." you wipped your tears. "Y/N it's not like that. I-" you cut off his words. "Stop." you slowly pulled away from his hug and he stood on his knees as he watched you walk away. Jungkook hated himself.

He couldn't believe he hurt the one he loved. He disappointed you. Bad thoughts clawed at his heart. He wanted to wake up as it was all a nightmare. He wanted to run up to you and not let you go. But he stood in the same position. "Maybe I don't deserve her." Jungkook thought as a tear rolled over his warm cheeks.