Can I Have This Dance

Can I Have This Dance

 


 

There they sat in the middle of the restaurant ignoring everyone around them, besides each other. This was a very special date for XiuHan. Not only was it a special date, it was a special day in general. Today was the day they found out the gender of their first baby.

 

"Listen I still think we should agree on the name I chose." Luhan said as he held Minseok's hand, rubbing circles with his thumb against it.

 

Minseok sighs and shakes his head a little. "If we name her that it'll just confuse people. It's not fun having a name that could be both a girl and boy name, Luhan."

 

Yep. They're having a girl. Now they have to learn about all of that female stuff. Neither of them have had a period obviously, so how would they know how to raise a daughter?

 

"You're right. Do you have any ideas?" Luhan said as he looked at his boyfriend lovingly.

 

Minseok pondered for a moment. "Hm.. How about Mi Seo?" Minseok said and smiled at Luhan.

 

Luhan tilted his head a little. "Mi Seo? Why that?" Luhan questioned.

 

Minseok shrugged a little. "The meaning of the name is calm and dignified, I guess you could say similar to me. I don't know, it just has a nice ring to it really.." Minseok says with a little smile.

 

Luhan smiles right back at him. "Me too. Is this settled then?" Luhan asks his all too perfect boyfriend. Minseok nods and cracks a huge smile as Luhan squeezes his hand gently.

 

Minseok looked around the restaurant and took everything in. 'Since when do we have the money to eat at such a fancy restaurant?' he questions to himself. He looks around at all the fancily dressed couples having dinner and realizes why Luhan said they should dress up. Tuxedo's for the both of them. Minseok didn't fail to notice the elegant dance floor on the other side of the restaurant either.

 

Sooner or later their food came and they ate their food and gushed about the baby some more. Then, a song played. Such a soothing song that Minseok and Luhan knew perfectly.

 

Can I Have This Dance. It seemed like such a childish song to know the words to, but XiuHan didn't care. Minseok and Luhan looked at each other, both with a smile on their faces. "Who knew they'd play our song, huh?" Luhan said and smiled even wider at Minseok.

 

Minseok pondered for a moment to himself. 'If only I could dance to this with him..' Minseok thought.

 

'You know what, Kim Minseok? You're gonna do it. You ask him to dance with you right now. Its either now, or when your belly turns into a huge watermelon and Lu has to stand even farther away from you.'

 

Minseok rubbed his slightly sweaty palms together and counted to ten, waiting for the courage to build up to ask his boyfriend to dance with him.

 

‘..8….9….10.’ Minseok thought in his head and lifted his head to look at his boyfriend.

 

“Dance with me.” He suddenly blurted out, catching Luhan so off guard he choked on his water.

 

Luhan set the water glass down and wiped his mouth. “What?” He questioned a bit surprised.

 

Minseok’s heart sped up. “D-Dance with me…” He said and nervously looked at his boyfriend, a tint of blush on his cheeks.

 

Luhan stared blankly at Minseok, causing him to regret asking. Minseok looked down at his hands and when he looked back up Luhan was offering for him to take his hand.

 

Minseok blinked, absolutely flabbergasted as he took his boyfriend’s hand. Luhan intertwined their fingers and flashed him a smile, making Minseok blush in return.

 

Luhan guided Minseok to the dance floor, maneuvering around a few couples to be right in the middle.

 

Luhan turned and held up his hand for him to take and released their intertwined hands so he could place it on Minseok’s hip.

 

Minseok put his hand on Luhan’s shoulder and took his other one. Minseok looks his boyfriend in the eyes and smiled.

 

Luhan led the dance, stepping and swaying to the beat of the song. Minseok followed his lead, absolutely loving every feeling of dancing with his handsome boyfriend.

 

Luhan took his hand off of Minseok’s hip, which resulted in a slightly confused Minseok, that is until Luhan spun him around. Minseok laughed at his action and let Luhan do whatever he pleased.

 

While happily watching Minseok smile and laugh at his actions, Luhan suddenly got an idea.

 

Luhan spun Minseok out catching him off guard, then spun him in, quickly dipping him. Minseok gasped in response not expecting Luhan to pull such a smooth move.

 

Minseok bit his lip, realizing just how close their faces were to each other. Luhan grinned at Minseok, and dipped his head down to kiss him.

 

When he pulled away and set Minseok upright, holding him very close, the song ended. Minseok nuzzled his head into Luhan’s neck and planted a small kiss, causing Luhan to blush.

 

Luhan paid the bill and they left the restaurant hand in hand. Swinging their hands back and forth, Minseok seemed to be in a really happy mood causing Luhan to also be in a happy mood just seeing his boyfriend so happy.

 

“I love you.” Luhan said as they got to the car, causing Minseok to stop and look him in the eyes.

 

“I love you, too.” Minseok said sweetly, causing Luhan’s heart seemingly melt right on the spot. Minseok kissed Luhan on the cheek, and got in the car, leaving his blushing boyfriend to stand there.

 

Luhan blushed and held a hand up to his cheek. ‘Who knew one person could make me so happy...’

 

Minseok blushed inside the car and look down at his hands. ‘Who knew one person could make me so happy..’