I believe him;

Elementary Education


At first I didn’t think he’s serious about what he said earlier. But when class dismissed, he already waited for me outside the class room. With a faint smile painted on his face, he is waving at me.

He stood up among the sea of people, as if the only person I could see is him. Half part of me is against it – warned myself not to sway away by a single smile. Yet unknowingly, my steps lead me to him, only to get myself totally attached to his smile.

“You look confused.” was his first comment.

Indeed, I replied mentally. I just raised my eyebrows that gain a grin from him. “Let’s go, we’ve no more time left!”

He takes my hand and run. I wasn’t given even a single second to at least react to his sudden act. I just ran with him, hand in hand, across the corridors and I swear people’s scary stares are questioning us. I don’t know what kind of fate I will face tomorrow.

“What was that? Was that really necessary for us to run like that?” I asked, hardly breathe. He just laughed, “Did you see their shocked face?”

“It’s not funny.” How did he find it funny when my life is the one who risked?

“Relax. They won’t dare to lay a single finger on you.” he said, while hand me a helmet.

“Wear it.”

“I didn’t remember I said yes – to be honest?”

“And did you forget that I don’t take a ‘no’?” He put the helmet on me carefully – which made shock expression clearly seen – but he just casually smiled and locked its bet. And although I was quite sure I won’t fall easily for such simple treatment, my heart acts opposite. It beats wildly and I genuinely hate myself.

**

He takes me to a park and when we arrived at there, it’s already turned dark. The park looks stunningly pretty with its lamp’s light, and I was so occupied by the ambience till I forgot his existence – if he didn’t take my hand to gain my attention again.

“You like this place?”

I cursed inside as soon as saw his face, because he surprisingly looks thrice time better looking under the dim light. I even need several seconds to simply nod my head.

“You really do like this place.” he smiled, “that’s relieving.”

 “You can sit everywhere you like. I’m going first, yeah?”

I didn’t get what he means, but he just left me. So I was truly confusing – and ended up sit at the empty seat at the third row. After sit, I realize then there’s some people who seated already. I didn’t get it at first, but looking at the seat and instruments at the front, my heart feel like stabbed – I don’t know in a good or bad way.

Like I expected, The Sky starts performing not too long after. The seats are full already, and I quite thankful to myself not to sit in front row. Because this red cheek of mine couldn’t get exposed – and this loud beating heart of mine shouldn’t be heard.

I feel like my jaw dropping throughout their performances. Not only because their usual breath-taking performance, but they sang quite many new songs. And for some reason, those lyrics are somehow familiar…

The performance ended after one hour a half. Everyone clapped and tried to get to the front to get some signs, meanwhile here I am still couldn’t function properly after such beautiful performances – in such beautiful place – sung by the most beautiful person.

Suddenly, I feel like crying – when spotted him around those girls. His smile is so endearing, yet I couldn’t help being so selfish and hurtful to think that it’s the smile everyone deserve. I mean, I shouldn’t forget that he is an Elementary Education, and his kind treatment is equal for anyone else.

I feel so stupid for standing at the back alone, struggling with my own stupid feelings. When I just about to run and escape from that beautiful yet suffocating place – my hands grabbed – and it was him.

“Sorry for make you wait. Wait – did you sick?”

“Uh, no. It’s just… uh, cold?”  Excellent grades in fact didn’t help me to utter a better reason. I shouldn’t say that and make him take off his coat and wearing it to me causing those girls automatically judging me, no – I shouldn’t go with him at the first place.

I could sense those girls that aren’t leaving yet whispering behind his back. I really feel like running from this awkward situation, trying to get off his coat but he holds me and stares at me right in my eyes,

“Don’t.” he whispered. “Let’s go, I badly want to introduce you to my band-mates.”

He ignore all those girls and his hand once again held mine, basically leading me to through pass those girls that I’m sure could attack me any time soon – because their glare already look so deathly.

We entered into a pavilion and meet the rest of The Sky members. They greeted me in wide smile and shake my hand – thanking me before I could introduce myself. I just cringed – didn’t get it – although secretly I feel so happy inside to meet them in this close distance.

“So, this is the girl you’ve talked about? The one who inspires you to wrote masterpieces?”

He just chuckled, unexpectedly nodded. Did someone say he talked about me? To their band-mates? How?

“This is Jieun, everyone. The one who ended our deadlock.”

“Thank you, Jieun. Because of you The Sky career is saved!” they laughed together, only left me in another confusion.

“Haneul said you are his ultimate inspiration to write the songs. We’re in the edge to end The Sky but Haneul come with bunch of new songs, and it received a lot of positive responds.”

Ah, I thought to myself, now I understand. “Don’t exaggerate it, I just recommended him plenty of good books. It’s all thanks to those authors.”

They’re all laughed again. “I see, then. Haneul, I think it’s time for us to go, right?” they smirked, “we’re going first. Enjoy this place!”

**

I feel like jumping from a cliff and then fly to the edge of the sky and then goes right back to the bottom of hell and so on – I mean, today is very strange and my heart would look like in poor shape right now. He just takes me to the side of the park, where we could see a city light that beaming prettily. This situation all perfect, except my heart who keep feeling that I shouldn’t be here and I want to go home to hide all my feelings before it lost control. I hate to think, wondering, was this one his another equal treatment and keep doubting his self.

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” he deeply sighs. “It is.” I commented, trying to study his gloomy expression that appeared once again.

“Yet despite the beautiful scenery, why did you look so sad?” I blurted out – one second after regret what just did I say. I curse myself, averted my gaze to another direction – panic.

He chuckled, “You look sad too.”

I laughed awkwardly, “I just… cold, you know?”

“Why?” he asked, totally ignore my lame excuse. “Are you not happy being with me? Did I too troublesome?”

“Why are you saying things like that? That’s so unlikely you.”

“Then what bother you, Jieun?”

I turned quiet after that question. It’s not that I don’t have the answer, but I couldn’t say it out loud.

“Do you like me?” he suddenly blurted out, made my eyes widened. Heck – how did he just ask such things just like that?

“No one dislike you.” I answered in the end, let out a faint smile.

“I like you.” he confessed. It made me truly shocked and my defense all destroyed, I just blankly replied, “What?”

“I like you – truly.” he repeated, “When my band-mates said you were the inspiration behind those songs I wrote – they literally talked about you – not those books.”

“S.. since when? How?” I swear, my mind is on absolute mess right now.

“Since when? I don’t know. I’m just happy being with you. When I’m with you, you don’t have any expectation. You didn’t demand anything. The moment I saw your book, unwrapped and just with a simple note, I was taken aback. It was my first time… how to put it? It’s my first time to see someone appear just the way they are, so unlike me. All this time, I always trying my best effort to please anyone, fake myself, until I got lost and didn’t know what kind of person I am anymore. As a result, those persons treat me the same, and I couldn’t see their true colors. But, you… I thought you are no different, but…” he stopped for a moment, he looks so hurt. “This morning, when you said I was elementary education, I was… afraid. I don’t want you to see me like that. I want to be different, at least in your eyes. I want you to know that you are special for me.”   

I honestly never expect such thing from him – which made me stunned and turned quiet for so long. He smiled at me, a hurtful smile, and carefully reached for my hand, held it gently as he whispered, “I like you, sincerely, Jieun. I don’t want you to hate me.”

“I’m thankful you like someone so plain like me.” I started, heavily breathes, “And I know, it feels so magical for being liked by someone. I’m glad you opened up with me. It’s impossible for me to be in a position to hate you, but I really appreciated it that you’re honest with me, with yourself, and that makes my bad thoughts about you vanished away. To let you know, I’m already felt the most special person to be the one who you could be honest to. I think now I could like you without over-thinking.”

He needs some seconds to understand what did I actually means, until he break into wide grin.

“Stop smiling, it’s already embarrassing enough to say that!” I yelled at him, only to hear his loud laugh. He didn’t say anything, instead he pulled me into his hug, and I could feel his warm breath. It’s honestly one thing that I didn’t know I wanted it till this second happen.

We fell into silence for a quiet long time. We surely have a lot of things in mind – thinking about upcoming event that might occur when our relationship revealed. I surely think a lot about what would the girls treat me when they know this, but his word earlier suddenly make sense now.

Relax. They won’t dare to lay a single finger on you.

And I believe him.


ahsjkagslaKSjags I know it took so much time for me to finish this... and the end kinda disappointing, right? I'm honestly stuck but i felt so guilty to let this hanging so I tried my best to finish this..... I bet most of you guys even forget about how this story going on - or even forget this story exist LOL not blaming you all though its purely my fault //cries// this for y'all who would have iu x khn reunion at sbs drama award tonight! regardless the failed ending, I hope you still like it!

and happy new year to all of you!! may 2017 be our year!