Chapter 2- Car-rides & Meetings

It's You

Have you ever had the feeling you're drawn to someone?
Yeah
Any reason anything they could've said or done?
And everyday I see you on you're own
And I can't believe that you're alone
But I overheard your girls and this is what they said

I leaned my body against the leather cloth of the car door as I gazed out the window.

I had been stuck in the car with Namsoon for about 45 minutes now. He had told me that it wouldn't take us about a hours to arrive in Myeong-dong. The car ride had gotten pretty quiet after he had finished his questioning spree about me and what America was like. I was tickled by the simple fact that he listened so well, it was almost like as if he were a little kid asking you to tell him one of those fairy tales. I'll really look forward to him looking over me for the next few months.

But since it was so quiet and I was honestly getting bored staring at every single car or pedestrian we dreven past, I had decided to entertain myself. And what is the best thing to do? Listen to music.

That you're looking for a boyfriend
I see that
Give me time, you know I'm gonna be that
Don't be scared to go put your trust in me
Can't you see all I really want to be
Is your boyfriend
Can't fight that
Knock me down you know I'm coming right back
I don't care at all what you've done before
All I really want is to be your

I nodded my head slowly to the beat and smiled.

Music always lightened my mood. I don't know what it is about it, But if I could drown myself in it I would. One day even I dreamed of being a singer and carrying on my joy of music along with other people, But then freshman year of college hit me and my dreams were shattered. Hey, The idol life can't be for everyone and it's definitely not for me.

Your boy boy b-b-boy-b-b-boyfriend
Your boy boy b-b-boy-b-b-boyfriend

"Hey, Nami?" Namsoon's voice muffled softly.

I snapped out of my trance and looked over at him. He was looking at me through his review mirror. He let out a soft chuckle and looked back at the road.

"Did you call me?" I questioned as I took one of the ear-buds out of my ear.

He nodded his head slowly."I wanted to ask if you were hungry. Mrs. Kim had made me carry along these few snacks incase you got hungry. Would you like a few?"

"Oh, Sure!" I said cheerfully.

He reached his hand into the passenger seat and help up a triangle shaped snack. "Have you heard of kimbap before?"

"Mhm." I hummed talking the other ear-bud out of my ear. I glanced down at my phone for a second to pause my music, then I looked back up at him.

"This is basically like it, Just ... In a rectangle. Its got the beef and everything in it." He moved his arm to the back seat and held it out to me.

"Thank you," I smiled gracefully and took it from his hand.

Wow, look at how cute it is..

I thought as I examined it.

He moved his hand back to the passenger seat and help up a medium sized bag."These are honey butter chips. I figured you'd like them since Americans usually eat sweeter things than us." He moved his hand toward me and held it out.

"Oh, I have heard of these!" I took it from his hand and instantly ripped the bag open.

"I also got you some fruit incase you were the healthy kind of girl." He went on as he glanced at me through the review mirror."Just let me know when you want to have it."

I nodded to him as I stuck a few chips in my mouth.

"Eat well," He smiled slighty and looked back at the road.

The rest of the car ride wasn't as bad. Namsoon had told me a little about himself while I was busy stuffing my face with food.

He was also telling me about all the tourist friendly places he would love to take me to.

"Since you'll be stationed in Myeong-dong, You can shop around there. We are one of the best shopping districts." He pulled the car into a car garage and stopped at a booth.

"Oh, I heard about that too, I hear it can be pretty busy."

"Yeah, So make sure you don't get lost." He chuckled. He rolled down the window and glanced over at the older aged man who was working the booth.

He greeted Namsoon and said something else to him. I really didn't understand the rest of it since I didn't know much Korean. But I assumed he was asking for some kind of card since Namsoon had shown him one and the man let us pass through.

"Uhm ... Namsoon?" I said trying to get his attention once we pulled off.

"Yes?"

"Could you .." I started."Teach me some korean? I mean you don't have to do it now- Your already doing so much for me.." I said shyly.

He gave a small smile and nodded his head."It's my job to fulfill your desires."

"Well- Okay."

Soon he parked the car in a parking slot. I assumed would be staying on the third floor since that's where he parked. When I got out the car I took a long stretch and gave out a long yawn. I wasn't tired, but being in that car surely made me feel like it.

"After you get settled in, We have to run right over to the pre-school." He began as he walked to the back of the car and popped open the trunk."The children should be out for recess."

"W-Wait, I start working today?"

He shook his head and pulled out my bags and suitcases one by one. "No, You won't start until tomorrow. But they just want to introduce you to the children and go over the lesson plans for tomorrow." He looked back over at the trunk and slammed down the lid to it.

"Ohh," I sighed out of relief."I'm fine with that then."

"Well, Lets get you settled in." He grabbed two of my suitcases and one of my bags and began to walk off.

I grabbed my other suitcase and my last bag and followed behind him.

My apartment was really nice, or Namsoon's apartment that is- well I really don't know who's apartment it is. All I was told was that Namsoon would be my roommate since he would have to take care of me. I guess he was basically a guardian for me, but I didn't want to call him that considering the fact that he was only a few years older than me. Wow, I had my first oppa.

My room was a bit girlish, But I didn't mind it since it fitted to my taste. It wasn't too pink so I had to give it that. Another thing that drawed me to it was the all white that went in the mix with the pink. If white wasn't my favorite color I probably would of hated it.

I went ahead and changed to look more professional. I had on a pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt. I didn't want to give off the wrong vibe so I put on a pair of dark high waisted denim jeans along with a long sleeved black and white stripped shirt. I had it tucked into my shorts a bit and I topped it all off with some white vans.

When we got there the kids were running around like crazy. They weren't outrageous so that calmed my nerves a bit. I had been watching them from the window inside the classroom along side Namsoon. But, outside of then being crazy, I was worried about something else.

"Nervous?" He said suddenly as he looked over at me.

"H-Huh?" I stuttered as I kept my eyes on the kids.

"Are you nervous?" He repeated.

I guess he saw the look on my face.

"Just worried about first impressions." I sighed.

"Don't worry. As long you keep up your cheerful personality I am sure they will like you." He encouraged.

"Ah, Alright." I nodded slowly.

"Oh! Nami!" A voice called out happily from behind me.

I turned around to see a women walking towards us.. I recognized the face quickly and smiled.

"Oh, Hi Mrs. Kim!" I waved.

"Your here early, I thought you wouldn't get in until later tonight." She chuckled softly.

I shrugged and chuckled."Well I think it's better that I came early."

"Thank you Namsoon for bringing her." She said looking over at him.

He nodded and bowed his head slightly.

"Well, If you two would just follow me, I can get you introduced to the children." She headed over to a patio door not to far from us. Me and Namsoon followed behind her as she led us out closer to the play ground.

She called out something to the kids a few times before they actually started to gather around her.

Namsoon had gave me a couple of pointers on my greetings toward the kids. So I would be most likely prepared for this. Lucky, I had got a batch of kids that new a bit of english, But that wasn't going to stop me from speaking korean to them from time to time.

"This is Ms. Son, She will be watching over you guys for the next few months, say hello~" She smiled widely and pointed over at me.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Son Nami-imnida."I smiled and bowed." I hope you all treat me well~"

I had forgot to mention, Due to me having an American name, I had to customize it into a Korean one, So I just changed my surname. I really didn't understand why I had to, But it was apart of my contract and you can't question that.

"Hi Ms. Son," They all said in unison.

I chuckled as I looked amongst all of their young faces."Wahh, You guys are so cute! I'll really look forward to being around you guys."

"Thank you!" A young boy called out.

I looked over at him. He had black hair that fell down over his forehead and was very thick toward the back of his head. It was short of like a bowl cut, But a much more improved one.

"Alright." Mrs. Kim interupted."You guys can go back to playing. I just wanted to introduce you."

Not soon after that, They all scattered back onto the play ground.

Mrs. Kim Turned towards me with a warm smile."They seem to like you."

I sighed out of relief."I hope I can keep up that reputation.."

"Don't worry I am sure you will." She chuckled."Now tomorrow the kids will be going on a trip to Lotte World. Since they have been so good the head teacher decided this would be a good treat for them. Do you think you can handle taking them there?"

"Uhh.." I nodded slowly."Sure, But will I be the only one watching them..?"

"No," She shook her head."Namsoon will be there for assistance along with one other person."

"Oh, Well okay."

"Well," She clapped and looked between me and Namsoon."I think we are done here. Please enjoy the rest of your afternoon and we will see you guys tomorrow." She bowed her head slightly and waved her hands."Bye."

Namsoon did the same and bowed his head slightly. Me being the slow person I am, I had a late reaction and bowed to late. But hey, I was just getting used to this so you can't blame me.

"Shall we go my lady?" Namsoon questioned as he looked over at me.

"Sure." I nodded.

Oh great ... A field trip ..