Chapter 1- Parents, Planes, and encounters

It's You

"Clothes? Check. electronics? Check, Cosmetics? Check." I whispered to myself. I paced slowly back and forth infront of my bed, which had two suitcases and a few bags laying across it.

I took a deep breathe as I tapped my finger lightly against my bottom lip."Somethings missing .." I went on. Then I snapped my finger and walked over to my dresser." Of course, Medicine, How can I forget my medicine?"

I took the few boxes of my asthma medication and went over to the bed to stuffed them in one of the bags.

Currently, I was packing up my belongings since I would be going through this working program in South Korea. It was a program where I would be working with small kids. A few months back when I was surfing the Internet and binging to one of Seo Inguk's drama's, I had stumbled upon this ad that my friend had sent me. It was something about a company looking for foreigners who would like to watch over kids as a volunteering experience. While me being the kid-loving person I was, I signed up for it. Lucky I got accepted after a few months of not hearing anything from them, there were a lot of other people signing up so I take it as seats were limited, But I just thank god that I got in.

"I think this is everything .." I nodded my head slowly, scanning the luggage that lie before me. I smiled at the fact that I felt like I had finally accomplished something since I had procrastinated since Monday when I had gotten my flight info and such. Being the lazy me, Of course I waited till the day before I left to pack.

"Knock Knock," A voice said coming from the door way.

I looked over to see my mom leaning against the door.

"Oh, Hey." I responded plainly, I had been lost in my thoughts again on thinking if I needed to pack anything else.

"Wow, What tornado happened in here?" She asked with a small chuckle."What a mess,"

"Huh?" I said looking over at her, then I looked around my room."Oh- Nice joke." I said with a small smile.

"It seems like you've got everything packed."

I let out a soft sigh."Yeah, finally." I reached for the zipper of the first suitcase and started to zip it up."I don't think I'll be able to get any sleep tonight.."

"Why? To excited?"

A big smile grew across my face."Yes! Maybe I'll get to meet Inguk, and then he will fall in love with me, And then we will get married!"

"Please don't start-"

"And we will live in a mansion, and I will devote all my love to him. Ugh, He is so perfect~" I said in awe.

"Well, while your having your little .. episode, I just came to tell you to be safe alright? I know how it is when visiting other countries."

"Mom, I basically know my way around the place. I got this." I chuckled reaching for the other suitcase and zipping it up.

"Nami, You haven't even step foot in the country." She responded."I'm being serious, You need to be safe. Theres always danger no matter where you go." She let out a soft sigh."Me and your father raised a young beautiful lady, guys will see you on the street and see you as a piece of meat. 'Oh, She is a foreigner, she probably doesn't know her way around here. Perfect type to take advantage of!' Then next thing you know your lying out dead somewhere."

"I know mom, I have had the safety talk a million times with you,"

"I'm just reminding you." She shrugged."Since your finished, make sure you clean up this room before you go to sleep, Okay?"

"Mhm," I hummed.

"Good night," She grabbed the handle of my door and pulled it shut behind her.

I placed my hands on my waist as I looked around my room. It truly was a mess. Clothes and shoes where everywhere, my left over cosmetics were scattered across the dresser, and don't even get me started on my closet.

I looked over at the clock on my nightstand.

11:56 pm.

I let out small groan.

My flight for Incheon left at 6:45 in the morning. Knowing me I would have to get up a hour or two early just to get myself ready and do one last check and head on to the airport. So then I would probably wake up and 3:30 or 4. It's about to be midnight, and I have to clean up this huge mess. So take a random guess, Who won't be getting any sleep tonight? Nami-ssi.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I clutched the straps of the few bags that I had on my shoulder. In my other hand was my ticket along with my phone.

I had been waiting in line to board the plane for probably half an hour. My legs were starting to hurt so bad I almost gave up my spot of a seat on a bench against the wall, but I was only a few steps away from the lady at the counter so it wouldn't hurt to hold on a little longer.

"Next," She said after the first gentleman left."Next." She said again after that person left as well.

After a few more people had left. She looked up at me and smiled. "Next."

I nodded slowly and walked up to the counter. I put my phone on my pocket and then stuck out the ticket to her.

"Thank you," She responded taking it out of my hand." Have a nice flight."

"Oh- Sure." I smiled a bit and walked away into the hall way.

I wasn't going to lie, I was nervous. Why? Because this was my first time traveling alone, on top of that I was going to a different country with no friends, no family, it was pretty nerve wrecking.

It took me a while to find a seat since the seats were basically filled when I got in there. One of the flight attendants had offered me a seat in another section of the plane and lucky me, there was only a small group people in there.

I settled for a seat next to the window. I put my bags down on the seat next to me and leaned back in my chair.

I might as well have got comfortable since I would be here for a while.

14 hours ... what would I do for 14 hours?

I thought.

Sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I slouched down in my chair and looked out the window beside me. The ocean was as dark as the sky, So it was really hard telling which was which. For all I know we could have been flying underwater for the past eight hours. Maybe I am just over thinking it to much, But this is what happens when I wake up from a nap.

I redirected my attention to the seats next to me. A group of boys were sitting somewhere within those few rows of seats. Three of them were asleep, one was to busy on his phone, and the other two had been busy engaging in a conversation. I'm pretty sure they were natives since their Korean was really on point. My korean wasn't even as good as theirs and I'd been studying it since freshman year of high school.

One of the boys had got up to leave, which left the one he was talking to in silence. He looked over at the window that was next to him and whispered something.

He must be amazed by the view. How? You can't even see anything..

I thought to myself.

I was to deep into my thoughts to notice that he had stared back at me.

His hair was a dark brown, that hung over his forehead just barely reaching his eyes. It was kind of like a messy hair look which fitted cutely against his face. His eyes were a bit huge, Not sure if it was naturally like that or if he was just shocked at the fact that I hadn't looked away yet. He had a face mask that covered his nose along with his lips. But by the way the mask fitted against his jawline, I knew he had somewhat of a nice one.

"Excuse me-" He waved his hand in the air infront of him.

I was blinded by his English and started to blink at him. I had been staring at him more than I intended to. Just look away you idiot.

"O-Oh." I stuttered nervously."S-Sorry." I said back in his native language and bowed my head slightly.

"Wah," He said out of awe and nodded."Cool." He chuckled as he looked away.

I gulped and looked down at my legs.

I haven't even made it to the damn country yet and I was already being the weirdo I was. I always had awkward incounters with guys. All my exs could agree on that. I was never really the relationship type of girl, or atleast that's what I've come to believe.

Don't get me wrong, I like cuddles and being kissed but, I can never find anyone that can put up with my crap. I was moody, I was childish at times, I was very misunderstanding. All those things just added up to fights or leaving me single. I searched and searched but I'm starting to believe there isn't such a man that exsist. Maybe I was meant to be alone, That I would be a old cat lady soon before I even reach my forties.

The boy that the guy was talking to earlier had came back and took his seat back. I sighed of relief because he had saved me from the load of awkwardness that flowed around me. This was going to be a painful flight.

 

 

 

 

 

"Excuse me.." I heard a voice whisper as they shook me slightly.

"Five more minutes mom.." I slurred in my sleep and slapped their hands off of me.

I heard them call for someone else., surely a minute later that person too was shaking me.

"Miss," They spoke."Hey, Wake up. Everyone is boarding off the plane."

I groaned lowly and slapped their hand away.

I heard the first voice say something to the second one.

"Hey! Get up!" Their voice scolded. This time they shook me a bit rough.

At this point, I was getting pissed off. Rule one, Never and I mean never, Wake me out of my sleep..

"Who in the world gives you the right to-" I began to say as I opened my eyes. I paused in my words to see two boys hovering over me. It was the boy I was staring at earlier, and one of the boys that had been sleeping.

"The plane has landed and it's time for everyone to get off." The second boy repeated. He looked over at the boy next to him and motioned him to move."Come on Niel, Lets go before the manager gets mad."

The boy nodded and took one last glance at me before turning to walk away, the second boy trailing behind him.

That was another thing I didn't notice about him. He was tall, really tall. That too was attractive. The second boy was really short compared to him, which kind of tickled me on the inside.

I stretched in my chair before gathering my belongings. After I was done I made my way to exit the plane. I could tell the flight attendant was annoyed since I was the last one to get off the plane. Oh well.

When I found my luggage I stood outside where all the other people were waiting for there rides.

One of the assistants from the company had sent me a text saying that there would be a car sent to pick me up.

Now there was only one problem. How exactly was I supposed to know who or which car it was? For all I know I could have been standing here for the past thirty minutes looking like an idiot and my carpool could be here already. But yet again, How was I supposed to know?

"Excuse me." A voice said followed by a tap on my shoulder.

"Hm?" I turned around to see a tall man standing before me."O-Oh, H-Hi."

"Are you Ms. Pham?"

"Yes," I nodded."That's me- Is there something you need?"

He broke into a smile and bowed slightly."My name is Namsoon, I'll be escorting you to your apartment."

"Oh!" I yelled as I slapped my face softly."Oh thank god I was starting to think I had missed my ride." I laughed nervously.

"Shall we go?"

"Uh, Sure. Just let me grab my suitca-"

"I will get these for you." He said cutting me off as he reached for two of my suitcases.

"Well, Okay- I mean I can carry it, it's no a big deal.."

"Don't stress yourself. Just try to enjoy your welcome into the country." He chuckled as he started to walk away."Please, Follow me."

I nodded and grabbed the other suitcase I had and held onto the few bags I had and trailed behind him.

Maybe I was just freaking out for nothing. Mom was wrong, I knew this wasn't going to be a bad idea.