Chapter One

Under the Autumn Leaves

 

 

* Chapter One *

 

Since you had first began talking with your fellow book enthusiast, the two of you had become great friends. You now shared your routine of going to the local coffee shop on your way down the beloved pebble path. Adorably, he didn't have a taste for coffee, instead he would always choose hot chocolate. You had found out many things about him, like that he was originally from China, and that he was working as a dancer. After learning such things, you would always have him speak Chinese to you, or perform a dance for you. Whenever he would comply with your wishes, you couldn't help but get lost in both his voice and his moves. You also quickly caught on to his character. He was one with morals, such as keeping promises, as well as pure innocence to many situations. Each characteristic of your Chinese fellow had your crush on him continuously growing.

You were now making your way to the meet up place, where you were usually the first to arrive. Today had been a busy day at work, your male collegues were still erted little ers with no lives, and you now just needed a stress reliever. You stepped into the coffee shop, and waved at the now well known barista. His name was Kim Minseok and he had taken over the coffee shop when the original owner fell ill. You could see your friendship with him quickly growing, as you always complained to him about the struggles of adulthood, which you were just now learning of. As per-usual, you would be placing in the order for your favorite drink, that you thought made you seem like more of an adult, as well as Yixing's favorite drink, that kept him looking tremendously adorable.


 

"Hey Minseok"   "Ah, you're back again. Can't get enough of this..coffee.." he replied. " haha.. I'll take the usual."   " One large coffee with a medium hot chocolate coming up" he exclaimed. I looked around the cute little coffee shop, Minseok had been trying to renovate the coffee shop since he had taken ownership of it. He had added new couches, each was a different pastel color. He also had one person seater, circular in shape, but each just brown, with a wooden texture. There were many different areas, he was trying to make the coffe shop a place where friends could come and hang out, and would be able to feel as if they were secluded to just them. The place still needed some work, but it was still cozy looking. 

"You've gotten some new things in, they look nice." Minseok looked up from the coffee he was brewing, taking a glance at the interior of his beloved building. " Thanks, Jongdae had secretly bought somethings for the shop. Some things are still coming, slowly." The blush on his cheeks that had appeared on his cheeks when he spoke of Jongdae was evident. "Hmm is that a blush I see on your cheeks Minseokie-ah" He tried to hide his face by looking down, "Noo...Maybe" Ugh, just tell him how you feel Minseokie." Here's your coffee, along with the hot chocolate. Now begon you big meanie" He said, sticking out his tounge.

As if on cue, Yixing walked in, with his gym bag in hand. "Stop teasing Minseok-ssi," Yixing says. "But it's fuuun" Yixing took his hot chocolate from my hands and strted to imitate me. "Its not fuuun for Minseok-ssi!" The two of us strolled out, sipping our drinks and hummiing a familiar tune. I moved to take advantage of his known weakness, pursing my lips to blow onto his neck. However...Yixing unexpectantly turned around..and now it probably looked like I was going to kiss him. "Uhh.." we both muttered. "Not what it looks like..?" "So you weren't going to blow on my neck, again.."..."No, I was going to.." The two of us awkwardly looked away from one another. "So...pebbles.." I decided to say, trying my best to switch the conversation.

Yixing had played along with my swift topic change, beginning a long conversation about pebbles. The conversation lasted a while, switching to leaves and how you both were saddened that your favorite season was over, and all that was there now was dead leaves and an unwelcomed cold. "What book are you reading today? Another romance novel, a sci-fi novel?" Yixing asked. "It's a horror story this time" "ahh, don't worry if you get scared just run into my arms." I'm most definitely blushing...why is he like this!! "I'll take you up on that offer soon. The author of the book is known to write stories that will scare anyone less." The two of us continued our stroll down the pebble filled path, the walk to the tree always seemed to get longer as time went on.

We finally reached the tree after a long walk, which was filled with useless conversations about pepples, leaves, books, and old television shows that didn't air anymore. As usual, we got our things situated, and we both sat down, my head following the normal pattern of resting on his shoulder as I opened my book and began reading. We began talking as we filled our head with the written words. These times were pure bliss to us as we could just forget about the world around us, secluding ourselves to our words, the pages and the tree. 

It had been a full two hours, with the two of you having interesting conversations, along with soundless dances preformed by Yixing. "It's about time hat I sart heading home Yixing-ah. I wan't to make it back to my apartment before it gets dark." He silently agreed with you as he helped you pack your stuff, as well as his. "I'll walk you home, it's darker than usual." The two of us proceeded down the slant in the ground, that led to the pebble path. There was conflict happening in my mind, I wanted to tell Yixing how I felt, but isn't it too early for that? Ofcourse it's too early! Ugh why would I even question that?  We had reached the middle of the pebble path by now,and Yixing finally spoke. 

"Umm...I wanted to ask you something..." he said. Keep speaking, I love your voi- "Yeah? What is it? You know you could ask me anything." Yixing visibly hesitated before opening his mouth again. OH MY GOSHINGS, what if he's confessing his love for me? Does he like me too? What if he wants to adopt a puppy and wants me to co-own it, *inwardself gasp* WHAT IF HE WANTS TO ADOPT A BAB- "How long do you think the pebble path is? We've always stopped at that specific spot.." Ofcourse he wonders about pebbles more than our future. "We can find out tomorrow, stray from the usual spot and wander off until we reach the end.." So there the two of us were, one wandering back to the beginning of the path with innocent thoughts of pebble paths filling their mind, And no sign of pebbles in the other.