Chapter 1 | 05082016

Kill All boys

Na Rae's father looks at her with confusion written all over his face as he leaves the flipped page of his newspaper in mid-air. "You want to...what?"

"Start an organisation that kills boys," Na Rae repeats. She sees the gears in her father's head turning but he still looks as confused as ever.

"I don't get it. Are you lost because you don't know what a boy is or is there another reason?" Na Rae asks. Her father stares at her for a very long second. Na Rae's gone through a lot of training, ranging from martial arts to the usage of weapons despite her only being a college student. However, that was only to ensure that she was well protected since the Choi family has a lot of enemies. For the many years she's had such training, Na Rae has never wanted to be involved in any mafia-related issues. Even when she's been complimented countless times on her skills, Na Rae has never voiced any interest in being a part of her family's "organisation", yet here she is wanting to create her own.

"No, I know what a boy is; I may be old but I'm modernised. I'm lost because you've never wanted to be involved in such things so why the sudden...Na Rae, is this because of -"

"Don't. Don't finish that sentence," Na Rae warns. Silence fills the air as the two are left staring at each other. Her father sees it, even though it doesn't show on her face. He knows she's broken. Na Rae's expression darkens, a warning to her father in case her words aren't enough.

Her father heaves a sigh. "What do you need?"

"A place I can use as my headquarters and connections. Lots of connections."

"Okay, so how exactly are we going to do this?" Min Hee asks in the midst of lunch break. Na Rae thinks over her question, slowly chewing on her food. Turning to Min Hee, she tells her that her father would prepare their headquarters and have their connections ready soon. She then says that all they need now is an IT Whiz.

"Well, where can we find one?"

"It's not hard, really. I mean, you practically know one." A tiny smirk tugs on the corners of Na Rae's lips as she pops an apple slice into . Na Rae throws a side glance her way, patiently waiting for her to put two and two together. Na Rae knows the wait is over the moment Min Hee's eyes go wide. Na Rae can practically hear her internally screaming. Min Hee then proceeds to whine about how she already has to see him in school on a daily basis. She then accuses Na Rae of wanting the early death of her best friend before trying to reason with her by saying the fellow would probably say no.

Na Rae lets out an amused chuckle. "You wanna bet?"

Min Hee looks as though she's cooking up a plan as she stares at Na Rae intently. She then says, "If he says yes out of will, I'll have no more objections."

"I have 3 questions. One, who the hell are you? Two, will I have to get my hands dirty? Three, Will Min Hee be a part of this?" Mino bombards. Min Hee is surprised he's still here and that he didn't run the moment Na Rae brought up the word 'kill'. Mino's gaze makes its way towards Min Hee as he sends her a wink. As usual, Min Hee is not amused as she narrows her eyes at him and makes a gesture, telling him to direct his attention towards Na Rae instead. Mino pouts - and nearly gets hit by Min Hee's bag because of it - but does as she says anyway.

"One, it's not about who I am but who my family is. Each one of my family members - be it immediate or distant - is either a member of the family's mafia or an assassin or basically anything in that sector. No, don't give me that look. I may be a part of that family but I have never taken part in any of those activities...well until now that is. Two, no you won't have to get your hands dirty unless you want to. You'll just have to handle the IT sector of it all. You won't need to worry about connections either; I've got that covered. However, I do require you to go through training just in case. Three, yes, she will be a part of this and she needs training too." Na Rae gives him a moment to take it all in, sentence by sentence. Meanwhile, Min Hee is at the corner crossing her fingers and praying Na Rae has said something to scare him off.

Upon seeing that Mino has an answer ready, Na Rae asks, "So are you in?"

There is no hesitation, no second-guessing as Mino answers a firm, "Yes."

"What do you mean 'yes'?" Min Hee asks, her heart rate increasing. Mino smiles upon seeing the look on her face. He's grown used to seeing her being all frantic whenever he's the topic of discussion. It's the only time he'd get her attention anyway. He tells her that he'd be more than happy to be a part of this organisation.

"Why?"

"Because you're in it." Mino beams, causing Min Hee to bury her face in her hands in distress.

"But don't you think it's dangerous? Plus, it's not like you have any experience with such activities," she points out. Na Rae hides her laughter upon hearing this. Oh, Min Hee, you are so clueless.

"Do you, though?" Mino asks, turning the table on her. Min Hee's mouth is officially sealed as she releases an exasperated sigh in defeat.

His eyes watch her as she opens her locker and removes the unnecessary books from her backpack. He pays attention to every move and every detail of her; the way she stares at every book she picks from her bag as though she's trying to remember her day's timetable, the way her brows furrow as she attempts at making space in her locker, the way she acts as though she has all the time in the world, the way she…

"Will you just go and talk to her? Gosh, the longer I stand here, the more I feel like a third wheel to a non-existent relationship. Don't look at me like that; I know I'm not making any sense but you know what else doesn't make any sense? You not wanting to approach her and choosing to stare at her like a creep instead. And -" Wonho gets cut off by a hand to his mouth as Hyun Woo stares at him, deadpanned before telling him that he talks too much. Without saying anything else, Hyun Woo makes his way to her locker, his nervousness only showing on the inside. Wonho stares at Hyun Woo's back, wondering if he could magically shoot rays from his eyes.

"Make friends with him, I said. He's nice, I said. He's a good friend, I said. He won't hurt your feelings, I said," Wonho mutters under his breath as he makes his way to class, intentionally choosing to not wait for his 'best friend'. Meanwhile, Hyun Woo is mentally telling himself to calm down as Na Rae continues to mess about her locker, clearly oblivious to his presence. Only when she closes her locker does she notice him standing in front of her. Hyun Woo pretends he doesn't see her flinching.

"Hi," he says, his awkward smile plastered on his face. Na Rae blinks.

"Hi. And you are...?" Na Rae trails off.

"Shownu! I mean - Call me Hyun Woo," he smiles, putting his hand out for a handshake before slowly retracting it upon realising she isn't up for it. Na Rae remains patient, waiting for him to continue the conversation, yet her expressionless stare only builds up his nerves. Hyun Woo ends up staring at her instead and that eventually surpasses her comfort zone.

"Is there anything else you'd like to say?" Hyun Woo's mind answers 'yes' but his mouth says otherwise.

"Okay...nice meeting you Hyun Woo," Na Rae awkwardly says as she turns away and heads to class. Once she is out of sight, Hyun Woo thumps his head against the locker door.

"Shownu, you idiot."


 

A/N: I would firstly like to thank you guys for subscribing because that has motivated me to write. Comments are very much appreciated and the same goes for upvotes. So, Mino, Shownu and Wonho have been introduced. Is any of the three going to be their target? Who do you think would be introduced next? Dun Dun Dunnnn

Oh, just a heads up, there might be references to boyxboy relationships in the following chapter so if that ain't your cup of tea, you know where the exit is.