Persistent Lover

Creep

Stop it.” I told him with enough anger that made my voice sound so hoarse against the cold atmosphere of the night. I am so confused and burdened at the same time. After telling him all those painful words over the phone, I can’t believe that he still followed me until now. I don’t understand why he came here at this hour. I knew I rented the farthest hotel from where he is.

He was still wearing his usual white cotton shirt and even his favourite ripped jeans that I bought for him the last time we were together. Dongwan’s eyes reflected his desperation as walked closer to my direction. He took every step soundlessly, carefully. Maybe he knew that I want him to get closer too. I wanted to see his face clearer in contrast to my words. I wanted to feel his warmth once more but it will be too sinful if I won’t hold my words. He knew better but I cannot concede right away.

Baby – please. Don’t do this to me.” He finally opened his lips and allowed those words to escape from his broken heart. He took a deep breath as he took another stride to reach me with his hands extending from both sides. I knew it was my queue to step back – he shouldn’t touch me.

His hands grasped the hollow space between us with defeat. He could have just grabbed me but he showed me his respect for my decision not to be trapped in his embrace. His gritted teeth under his trembling lips were as tight as his emotions right now. My heart’s pounding sound is the only thing that I can hear from the emptiness of my dark lit room as I stood at my door entrance paralyzed by this sudden confrontation. Dongwan turned his head away from me as he wiped his tears with the back of his hand. Like a kid, he tried to pretend that he is not crying but his sob betrayed him as soon as he faced me once again.

Babe, I don’t want to be alone anymore. Please I’ll behave from now on. Give me another chance.” He pleaded for the nth time. He knew exactly what made me push him away. He is smart enough to identify what he’s done wrong.

How many times have I told you – I, I can’t even laugh anymore or even forget all of what you did.” I told him with a tone of revulsion. He’s been abusing my patience recently which caused him this kind of habit to ignore my sentiments.

What should I do for you to forgive me? I will do anything you want.” He begged with eyes tightly shut. He knew I won’t go easy on him this time around. His puckered lips made him look so adorable with that unspoken aegyo while he stood there waiting for his unpronounced punishment. I wanted to laugh at him deep inside but that will be too mean. I guess tormenting him up to this point is enough.

 “I was planning to ask you to do that squid dance again but I changed my mind. Just sing me a song and I will forgive you.” I told him with a smile. I watched him open his eyes and regain his consciousness from his anxious stance. He gave me that sudden look of unbelief on what he heard.

He rushed to the spot right where I am standing and gave me a tight relentless hug. Dongwan’s laughter resonated all over the place now that he received his pardon. It was the happiest point of his life after a week of being ignored by his beloved. I missed him as much as he missed me.

Eyyy – you should have told me that sooner but I love it when you play hard to get. I promise I won’t say lame jokes again when we’re with your parents. Should I keep holding on to you like this while I serenade you? Hm?” he asked sweetly as he laid his chin above my head and rubbed his soft cheek on my forehead.