Betting Everything

Recovery
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Oh my gosh I’m so sorry!” she cried immediately, turning to face the person she accidentally bumped into while walking around the city’s centre.

“No no, don’t worry about it,” he smiled tightly, clearly in pain.

She didn’t notice who he was right away but instead saw the way he cradled his arm.

“Oh God, I hurt you,” she said apologetically, finally looking into his eyes and getting the shock of her life.

“You’re James, from Royal Pirates,” she smiled gently which turned into a full on grin.

“Ha, yeah, I am,” he said back sheepishly, wondering how this interaction was going to go.

“It’s nice to meet you, I’m Laine,” she replied, holding out her hand, “Well, Elaine if you want to be proper but who does?” she joked.

James laughed, now at ease. “No one,” he answered, giving her his hand, “Nice to meet you too.”

She smiled up at him for a moment longer before her expression crashed to crestfallen.

“You’re recovering from surgery,” she winced as she closed her eyes and then frowned, “I am so sorry, you have no idea how bad I feel."

“It really is okay,” he said forgivingly, “It’s just sore and I’m only just used to being…not in the hospital.”

“Still, I’m sorry for being a klutz,” she went on, her eyes sad, “A fun way to meet people maybe but usually the bringer of disaster.”

“Eyy, don’t be too hard on yourself,” he comforted, “It’s just what makes you you.”

She smiled slightly. “I’m the one who’s supposed to be giving you a shoulder to cry on, not the other way around,” she said lightly, “But since you are out and about, I guess it’s not so

Please log in to read the full chapter