Chapter I

The storybook app
Please log in to read the full chapter
Jaeho's POV

It wasn't strange to find all of the idols and ulzzangs taking part in the new season of the popular reality show gathered in the common lounge area of the apartment complex on a Sunday morning; there wasn't any filming of new episodes on Sundays and none of them had any schedules to take care of on the side for that weekend, so they had all decided to stick together and spend their time in the spacious and well lit area, keeping each other company.

 

While some of the older celebrities watched some crime show they have gotten hooked on during the first week that they’d stayed there, the younger ones amused themselves by way of a brand new phone app called "My storybook" which allowed its users to create their own little avatar, one that could be housed in the “modern day fairy tale realm”; through missions and quests these avatars could travel to other magical realms where the characters in the many fairy tales lived. A fun feature of the app and the one making people become so obsessed with it was that it allowed them to create silly story book entries by adding different elements they could find though scattered fortune cookies that had story bits in them and which the avatars could put into a magical inkwell that mixed them together for a giant magical quill to write on a blank piece of parchment, as a story that was added to the storybook the avatar carried around inside an amulet. Users could tag friends to have new pages added to their their storybooks and share them with everyone on their social media sites along with little cartoons depicting characters taking a selfie.  

 

"Ok, here it goes!"

 

The first of them, exclaimed excitedly. After a quick game or rock-paper-scissors, luck would have it for Song Jaeho, the maknae of idol group Madtown to be the first to start the game that day. The story would be added to his newly made storybook; encouraged by Heo Jun who was the first of the celebrities in the reality show to get hooked on the app, he’d downloaded it the night before after his hyung had pleaded with him to get it

Please log in to read the full chapter