Lie #2

White Lies

"Hey Nara, you coming with me today to basketball practice?"

 

I shrugged and dried the last remaining dishes,"Not sure, what time is it anyways?"

 

Sehun grabbed an apple and started munching it,"5 maybe."

 

"I am too lazy to go if i don't know anyone there."

 

He chuckled,"No worries, you know some of the guys in my basketball team right? Jongin, Kris and Tao are gonna be there."

 

"They are going to be busy playing with you, I am going to be lonely."

 

He wrapped an arm around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder, "Just come will you, don't you want to see your handsome boyfriend play?"

 

"I see your handsome face every single day."

 

He let go his arm and huffed, "Fine."

 

I put the last plate on the counter and turned to face a pouting Sehun, "Stop pouting it's too much for my heart."

 

He continued to pout and stepped closer to me.

 

I chuckled and tiptoed to kiss him, "Fine. Not going to stay longer than an hour though."

 

 


 

I looked at my watch.

 

7:12 PM.

 

I should have known that it won't be just an hour. 

 

But I didn't mind. I didn't know he could play this good. Since this is the first time me seeing him play in front of my eyes. 

 

I watched as he swiftly shoots, and the way he ruffles his hair in frustration if he missed. Or those mere seconds when he would glance at me and smile.

 

I tend to cherish these moments. 

 

They were rare.

 

I blinked when Sehun approached me and sat next to me. I gave him a bottle of cold water, just how he likes it.

 

"So? How was I?"

 

I smiled, "Good."

 

He raised an eyebrow, "Just good."

 

"Okay fine, extremely good. But Kris scored more."

 

He scoffed, "That's because I helped him score."

 

I started laughing and soon Sehun joined me. He likes joining me laugh, I don't know why. But he says my laugh is contagious. 

 

Well I think his smile is contagious. I love it when Sehun smiles. He looks like a 5 year-old.  

 

Don't ask me why I fancy that idea.

 

"Sehun, can I have some? I am dying of dehydration."

 

I turned and faced a very thirsty looking Jongin and smiled and he gulped down the entire bottle.

 

"Hey you only said you wanted some, not the whole freakin bottle," Sehun protested.

 

Jongin shrugged and wiped the sweat on his forehead.

 

"Don't be like that Oh Sehun, I still have some more bottles with me," I went through my bag and gave him another bottle.

 

Sehun beamed and gladly took the bottle from hands. I then took out a pack of tissued and offered it to Jongin.

 

"My girlfriend is awesome right?" Sehun winked at me.

 

Jongin wiped his face with the tissue and chuckled, "She is. You are a lucky man Sehun."

 

"I am a lucky man," Sehun looked at me and smiled affectionately.

 

I flipped my hair, "Of course he is lucky, I am an amazing girlfriend."

 

They both laughed and headed back to the court for one last game.

 

I sighed sunk in my seat.

 

Despite the cool weather, the night air just felt stuffy.

 

And his words hit me.

 

I laughed bitterly.

 

He called Sehun lucky.

 

Oh if he only knew.

 

That the person who had my heart all these years was him.

 

 

"I am an amazing girlfriend,"  I said.

 

 

 

Lies.