ː̗̀EXIT 02 : teamwork makes the meme work ː̖́

  ː̗̀driving in cars with boys : apply now if you don't want to hitch hike to nyc ː̖́
cheat sheet
driving in cars with boys
the holy cheatsheet
ABOUT this trip
The story line is simple: a road trip throughout America, or 4/50 of America. A group of freshly graduated Korean high school students decide to go on an adventure in America with the help of one of the character's relative (Jungkook, the cousin). Nothing is really planned for this trip because their ultimate destination is New York City so anything could happen in the span of time they have. From eating at every iconic fast food restaurant to visiting popular and sketchy theme parks to potentially causing mayhem at historical landmarks, this trip is basically going to be wild. It's every man for themselves. Survival of the fittest. NO ONE IS SAFE.

PLACES THEY'LL VENTURE: California, Texas, Louisiana, and New York (although other stops are inevitable and there is a 99.9% chance of them getting lost somewhere in Utah).

STORYTELLING: We'll be honest, we're not the best writters, so we're going to try to do our best to tell this story in an entertaining way. Unlike other stories where each chapter is over 1k in word count and has such an eloquent style fixed with vivid descriptions and an expansive vocabulary, this story won't be like that at all (even if we tried it probably wouldn't touch such levels), so apologies in advance.

Instead you can expect this story to be comprised of drabbles from different character's perspective throughout the day, occasionally a vlog (a la The Office), a text msg conversation or two. We intend for this story to be light hearted and filled with an obscene amount of memes, tumblr and vine references so we feel it'd be better to convey the story in that way.

GENERAL TIMELINE: We project that they'll be in America for about 3~4 weeks? Theoretically, if one does not stop driving from the time of depature and does not encounter ANY traffic whatsoever, one can reach New York City within 41 hours but they're human and must stop for gas, food, sleep and just pure enjoyment of the land of America so we predict that each stop in their journey will be at least between 3-4 days long.

For the sake of convenience we'll be altering the timeline a bit: 
The group will already have been graduated in high school in February but will not be attending university until the Fall semester (instead of the Spring) so it's just one big ol' gap of time cause they have to wait for Jeongguk to graduate high school in America. The story will take place late June-early July and should end before August starts.
you and the crew
General Application Notes: If you've applied to an apply fic before then you should know the basics: keep it clean and neat and be as detailed as you can (including providing visuals). All the notes are provided within the application so we don't really have to break down the app, unless there is a section that needs to be clarified, in which then you can comment down below or pm either of us for an explanation. Make sure you complete everything and delete any extra notes provided within the application before submitting! (Please note that if you want to change the color scheme of the layout, please, please be confident in your html knowledge because the layout is a little sensitive).

Face Claims: We're going to keep it simple and primarily ask for east asian (chinese, japanese, korean, tawianese) and thai characters with a focus on Korean characters.
 Please do not racebend— meaning face claims of one decent are portrayed as another— there's just a 101 reasons why that is problematic in itself. Background characters will be of different races due to the setting being America but the cast will primarily be east asian since they are coming from South Korea. for the pisswerd tell us what you would would think the title of the crew's group chat would be labeled as. We prefer you use idols and/or actors born between 94-97 (youngest would be late 98-early 99) as they will be 97-98 liners in the story so please avoid older face claims even if they look baby faced. Models/ulzzangs are a bit difficult due to the lack of gifs and selection of pictures so please contact us before using them.

Character Information: All the characters will have been friends with one another (sans Jeongguk) prior to the beginning of the story and generally all like, if not tolerate, one another. They are all the same age (between 97' to early 98') and have just graduated high school.

When planning this story we had made some expectations for the plotlines and our characters; while we do have our preferences we don't expect you (the applicant) to follow them completely through. We realize that some ideas may be better than others so if you feel like your character would better fit some details that we don't include down below then don't feel afraid to not do it; we encourage you to make the best fitting character for this story but we also advise you to follow some of the details of the plotlines as well (aka please don't completely change the character to the point that they're a different one than intended. if you don't like any of the plotlines then choose to follow the route of the Wild Card instead as that has the most creative freedom of the five (5) plotlines provided).

Example applications of Jongyul and Minguk are provided at the bottom of the cheatsheet (coming soon of course).
If you need additional information for Jeongguk we will be happy to supply you with it.


The Sterotypical Asian Tourist
▿ canon title - the tourist
▿ preferably female, but can be male if you desire
▿ honestly the only one who is excited for this other than Minguk

▿ ▿ like they plan out the trip the moment they find out what ▿ ▿ states they're going to pass and wear fanny packs for fun
▿ ▿ always needs to buy a souvenir before they leave
▿ love interest is Jeongguk Jeon

▿ ▿ but its more like one-sided cause jjk just thinks the tourist is ▿ ▿ the cutest thing in the entire world and is head over heels for ▿ ▿ them, whereas the tourist may not reciprocate
▿ ▿ it can be mutual if you so desire but tbh jjk is a sleaze so...

The Troublesome Back Seat Driver
▿ canon title - the moodmaker
▿ can either be male or female
▿ honestly should've been left back in South Korea cause:

▿ ▿ they're literal spitfire. they have a comeback for everything
▿ ▿ most likely to get arrested some time during this trip and ▿ ▿ argue with elderly women in any Chinatown in America
▿ but they're the moodmaker and the adrenaline junkie

▿ ▿ "DARE ME TO DO THIS? "uhh..." "WOW GUYS I ▿ ▿ CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS ARE MAING ME DO THIS"
▿ ▿ "we didn't eve—" "I'M DOING IT NOW"
▿ most likely to befriend Jeongguk first and be BFFs after it ends


The Actual Responsible Adult
▿ canon title - the accountant
▿ preferably female
▿ the dad foil to minguk's mom persona:

▿ ▿ is the secondary driver when minguk gets tired
▿ ▿ is responsible for managing the finances for the trip
 the "strong independent woman that isn't taking your "
 10/10 would be the vodka aunt if they got drunk and probably would have be dragged back to the hotel room before they started a fight (they probably started one anyways. oh well)

The Softest Emo Pissbaby Brooder
▿ canon title - the photographer
▿ preferably male, but can be female if you desire
▿ also known as the miserable kid in the backseat

▿ ▿ prior to the trip something happened to them (ie. someone ▿ ▿ died, they were heartbroken, etc.) so this trip is to make them ▿ ▿ help them be happy again.
 [the meme from inside where it goes: ever wonder what's inside one's head?] the answer: wake me up by evanescence

The Wild Card
▿ canon title - (create yourself)
▿ can either be male or female
▿ literally this plotline could be anything that wasn't included in any of the other characters. go WILD

Love Interests: Purely optional for the exception of the tourist? [But I mean if you really don't want to be in a one-sided love story with JJK crushing on your character it doesn't have to happen] So if you don't intend on having one then delete the section.

We do allow relationships amongst the characters (adult x troublemaker, troublemaker x pissbaby, adult x pissbaby, wildcard with anyone, tourist with anyone that isn't JJK) but unfortunately Jongyul and Minguk are sort of committed to one another [though if you wanna come in and crush on either of them that's okay as well]. If you intend on doing this then just indicate in the section which plotline and put n/a in any section that you can't give details in and we'll understand. Collaborations are probably best for this section but this does not guarantee both characters will be chosen if you choose to go this route.

Other relationships that you can write about— because we know long term relationships are virtually impossible in this story unless they creepily follow the group throughout America— are overseas relationships whom keep in touch with your character throughout the trip through phone calls and social media and summer flings in America at random points of the journey.

We accept both homoual and heteroual couples.
final words
RIA. Let me be honest with you: I have low expectations for myself with this story. I'm aware it's not the most interesting plot nor the most creative but it's something I'm interested in and passionate about enough that I honestly don't care. Sure, it'd be great to get alot of applicants— wonderfully creative ones would be an honest blessing (prayer hands emoji here)— but I know it's not plausible seeing the audience has dwindled since I've last been here, so if there were people that were just considering applying then I would be grateful just for that.

With that said, I don't mean to say I am going to tolerate people that don't read the cheatsheet or do a half job when submitting an app, but then again I probably won't be the one calling you out on it (that's Chau's job). There's a lot I can say about this but I'll spare the long lecture cause I have faith in you guys to put effort to reading before writing and submitting.

ANYWAYS I GUESS I CAN SUGGEST SOMETHINGS:

▿ face claims? honestly anyone within the guidelines stated above.

Girls: RV (minus Irene). IOI (chungha chungha chungha). OMG (I'm not saying I may wet myself if I see someone use Yooa, but it may happen) Twice. Gfriend. WJSN (though to be honest all I know is EXY so someone get me into them). Pledis Girls. Lovelyz. CLC (stan these poor children, someone please). Junghwa from EXID. Lee Hi. Soohyun from AKMU (it's a stretch but I can forgive). BLACKPINK (? if they escape the yg dungeon enough to get more pictures then go ahead). 95 line from MAMAMOO.
and whoever else is just between the 94-99 line for girls.

Guys: tougher because we have two seventeen and one bts face claims already but if you feel compelled to use either group, then do as you please. otherwise: MONSTA X (rap line is an extra 10 thousand bonus points), UP10TION, ASTRO (except for sanha despite i love the little embryo. sorry kid maybe next year). KNK. NCT (U, 127, SM Rookies aka Johnny because he's important and we need to bail him from the basement like yesterday.). GOT7. Pentagon? (are they still a thing or) SOME OF THE CAST FROM BOYS24 (also are they a thing or). ONE (jung jaewon formerly from the group 1pUNCH). CHANHYUK from AKMU. 
and whoever else is just between the 94-99 line for guys.

▿ I particularly have a little favoritism over the tourist and troublemaker plotline. I may be a little bit tougher in reviewing apps that apply for that.

▿ As for wild card plotlines? My personal favorite plot that didn't make the cut is actually the kid that wants to stumble into Area 51 and believes in aliens and such. But I mean I don't mind a good match maker or another neutral party character like the responsible adult.

 If you want inspiration we suggest you watch voltron (the characters literally spell out the cast of this story almost perfectly) or that strange barbie show (barbie: life in the dream house) chau has been watching for the last week.

 Also vines are really good. If you wanna see a scene based off a vine there's a chance that it may actually happen.

BUT REALLY WE ENCOURAGE YOU GUYS TO GO WILD.
TRYING TO BE ELOQUENT, THIS STORY IS A ING MEME (trust me. wait til you guys see our example applications) OK ANYWAYS I'M DONE I'M TIRED AND IF YOU NEED MORE FROM ME YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK IN PM OR DOWN BELOW IN THE COMMENTS.

CHAU. Becuase Ria literally said everything I wanted to say, all I ask for is: be free, be a meme.

But no, really, I'm not asking for much. Just have fun applying. But if you insist, here are some quick things:

▿ If you use either MONSTA X, OH MY GIRL, OR UP10TION, you will have my blessings.

▿ An aesthetically pleasing app. Now I'm not saying like, tons of gifs and stuff, but some are nice. Also, if you want to change the color scheme of the layout (like I did), go ahead. I will tell you that it is a HASSLE to do and time consuming and I feel like it'll be better if you didn't. I just did it for the sake of being extra. 

▿ Since there are plotlines, please. just. following. them. I. beg. of. you.


 Source Code : Turn In : Examples [Jongyul / Minguk / Jeongguk]
driving in cars with boys
theme credit 2016 trxsh
storyline by pauladeen & guyfieri