Final

Prey

The young wolf followed the human, careful not to be spotted. After all, if the human detected him, this little game of cat and mouse was over. The wolf wasn’t ready for the game to be over just yet. Especially when he recalled exactly what the prize was.

“What on earth are you doing, Wonsik?” the wolf, Wonsik, jumped before turning to find Hakyeon, a vampire friend of his.

“Hakyeon,” Wonsik groaned, “can you not do that?”

“Are you stalking Sanghyuk?” Hakyeon frowned, “what the hell kind of game are you two playing this time?”

“We’re not playing a game,” Wonsik denied, “we’re practicing my hunting.”

“So you’re playing a game,” Hakyeon rolled his eyes, “I knew it. So, what kind of stupid rules did you two set this time?”

“I have to follow Sanghyuk for a night without him noticing,” Wonsik gave in, “he asked Hongbin to cast a few charms on him to even things up a little.”

“And the reward if you do it?” Hakyeon pressed, “What did you offer up to our little human to get him to agree to this stupid game.”

“This was Sanghyuk’s idea!” Wonsik growled, “He heard from Taekwoon that I was getting a little sloppy on hunts and decided that this was a great way to brush up on my skills.”

“Reward?” Hakyeon pressed, not at all understanding why anyone would agree to a stupid game like this for any reason.

“That’s for us to know,” Sanghyuk’s voice rang out, “and you to guess at.”

“Sanghyuk,” Wonsik whimpered, his inner wolf sulking along with him over their failure.

“We’ll try this again tomorrow night,” Sanghyuk assured him, “it’s not your fault Hakyeon showed up and sent my charms off.”

“Wonsik said that this was your idea,” Hakyeon questioned, “is that true?”

“Yes,” Sanghyuk nodded, “Wonsik needs to re-sharpen his skills before Taekwoon gets even more pissed off at him.”

“Ah,” Hakyeon nodded, but he clearly didn’t see the point.

“We thought about asking you to be prey,” Sanghyuk shrugged, “but didn’t think you’d agree.”

“You’re right,” Hakyeon nodded, “I wouldn’t. I don’t trust the wolf inside Wonsik not to try going for my throat.

“Hey,” Wonsik huffed.

“Oh please,” Hakyeon rolled his eyes, “I don’t trust Taekwoon’s wolf either.”

“Speaking of your boyfriend,” Sanghyuk hummed, “can you not mention this to him? I’m not so sure he’ll approve of this.”

“Because it’s stupid,” Hakyeon smirked slightly, “and because you’re his precious little brother who he’d kill to keep safe. The idea of you playing prey to a young wolf……gives me the willies.”

“The willies?” Wonsik huffed, “who even says that anymore?”

“Exactly,” Sanghyuk nodded, waving for Wonsik to keep his mouth shut, “so can you keep this between the three of us? Well, four counting Hongbin.”

“For you?” Hakyeon sighed, “alright. But only because you’re like a little brother to me.” Hakyeon turned to Wonsik, “but if anything happens to him? I’ll beat Taekwoon to ripping you apart.”

“Deal,” Sanghyuk smiled, catching hold of Wonsik’s arm before the wolf could do anything, “well, we’re going to Wonsik’s apartment. Got a couple of tests to study for, ya know? See you later, Hakyeon.”

“I could of taken him,” Wonsik grumbled, glaring at the ground.

“No, you couldn’t,” Sanghyuk laughed, especially when Wonsik nodded in agreement after a moment.

A/N: I had fun with this one. But then again, I always have fun with supernatural based writings haha.