CHAPTER 2

One, to Infinity (Give Me Back My Song Sequel)

Chapter 2

21 March 2013

Dolce Vita, 6am

 

After a restful night, Chaerin woke up at 5.30am. And true to his prediction, Jiyong woke up at the same time as she did, because he's a light-sleeper. Also, he had his arms around her, so he woke up the moment he felt her move away from him. Though he tried to persuade her to stay in bed a little longer, Chaerin insisted that she has to keep to her routine. Jiyong got up reluctantly after she did.

 

“Oppa, what do your parents like to eat? And what do you feel like having?”

 

“If I may, can I just have a serving of Lee Chaerin?”

 

Chaerin threw a pillow at him and that made her laugh when she saw the surprised look on Jiyong’s face.

 

“GAME ON LEE CHAERIN!!”

 

With that, Jiyong took a pillow and they got into the pillow fight. At some point in time, Chaerin called a stop to the pillow fight because they heard the dogs barking outside. Realizing that it was still early and that they might wake Jiyong’s parents up, they stopped the fight.

 

“Oppa, I’m going to go out for a run. Do you want to come with? I’m bringing Gaho and Jolie with me.”

 

“I’d come with but you have to run slow otherwise I won’t be able to catch up.”

 

“We will run for 30 minutes. Then we will go to the market to buy the ingredients for breakfast alright?”

 

Jiyong nodded and started getting ready for the run. Chaerin changed and went to put leashes on the dogs. Once Jiyong met her at the door, they did some warm-up exercises and then they started jogging. Gaho and Jolie looked excited to be out and running. Even though they tried to get the humans to run faster, both Jiyong and Chaerin had a good grip on them.

 

After 30 minutes, both of them were back at the house. After giving the dogs food and water, they set off for the market. Even though it’s a small town, people still know Jiyong and will greet him when they moved around in the market. While Chaerin was not as well-known, Jiyong introduced her but didn’t say that she was his girlfriend.

 

“Jiyong ah, is this your girlfriend? Both of you look so compatible!”

 

Jiyong grinned and put his arm around Chaerin.

 

“She’s my girlfriend.”

 

“Oppa!”

 

“It’s alright. These ladies here know how to keep a secret right?”

 

“Don’t worry, we will keep your secret for you. If he brings other girls here, we’ll let you know!”

 

“It’s ok. Jiyong oppa can bring other girls. I will just bring other men here~”

 

At that, the ahjumma laughed and gave Chaerin a thumbs-up for being sassy.

 

“Don’t you dare!”

 

“Well, as long as you don’t bring other girls here, we will be fine.”

 

After buying all the ingredients needed for breakfast, Jiyong and Chaerin headed back to the house. Upon arrival, they found Jiyong’s parents already awake.

 

“Omma, appa! Good morning! Did you sleep well last night?”

 

“Chaerin ah, we did, thank you for asking.”

 

“Is Dwaejang chige and grilled fish alright for breakfast? Or would you rather have spicy fish soup?”

 

“We will have whatever you cook, Chaerin.”

 

“Jiyong oppa, what do you feel like eating?”

 

“Can we have the spicy fish soup and bulgogi?”

 

“Alright, give me about 45 minutes ok? Oppa, go and talk to your parents while I prepare the meal.”

 

“Don’t you need help?”

 

“Nah, I can manage. Go, get out of my way so I can work faster.”

 

Jiyong reluctantly left the kitchen. He went to his parents and they started talking. Ever since he got back from Milan, he had been so busy with his solo concert preparation that he didn’t really have time to speak to his parents. So his parents asked him about the concert and he answered any questions they might have. The conversation steered towards Chaerin and their relationship towards the end.

 

“Jiyong ah, so what’s going to happen next in your relationship with Chaerin?”

 

“Omma, it’s going to be long-distance for now. She has her fashion design course in Milan to complete. But she will come back to Korea every month because it would be almost impossible for me to travel to Milan after every stop as I originally planned. I would have flown out but she has forbidden me from doing it since it will be too tiring for me.”

 

“What about after your concert tour ends? When does she intend to come back? What about army? What about her career?”

 

“Right now, once the concert tour ends, I would probably go over to Milan. Her course ends in August and if she gets an internship, she might continue to stay in Milan. We talked about this before. When I go to the army, she will focus on her career.”

 

“Do you intend to go public with your relationship? Will you get engaged before you go to the army? A lot of things can happen when you are in the army.”

 

“I have no problems with going public with our relationship. Both of us are clear that this will eventually lead to marriage. I believe that if all my previous relationships had not driven her far away from me, 2 years in the army isn’t going to change that. Omma, appa, Chaerin is different. Both of us wants this relationship and we will do whatever it takes to stay together. If she wants an engagement before I go to the army, sure. But if she doesn’t, I’m not going to force it on her.”

 

“When are you going to propose marriage then?”

 

“Anytime. But I don’t want her to be pressured. She has a lot on her plate right now.”

 

“Just do right by her. She deserves the very best, do you understand?”

 

“Of course.”

 

Chaerin actually overheard the last part of the conversation about their relationship and she was thankful that Jiyong explained to his parents. Which reminded her that she needed to go and meet her parents soon. She walked out to the Kwons.

 

“Appa, omma, breakfast is ready. Let’s move to the dining room.”

 

Jiyong’s mum went to Chaerin and put her arm around her. When they got to the dining room, Jiyong’s parents were shocked at the feast that Chaerin managed to prepare within the hour. The spicy fish soup was in a pot in the middle. The bulgogi was steaming hot. Side dishes included the kimchi she found in the fridge, some egg rolls, tofu and fresh salad.

 

“WOW! Chaerin, this is amazing!”

 

Chaerin smiled, glad that Jiyong’s parents were pleased with what she had prepared. Jiyong walked over to her and hugged her from the back. He kissed her cheeks and whispered ‘thank you’. Chaerin turned her face slightly and kissed his lips briefly.

 

“Oppa, sit down and let’s start eating.”

 

Everyone sat down and started eating.

 

“Omo! Chaerin ah, this bulgogi is amazing! The soup is absolutely delicious! Everything is perfect! No wonder Jiyong kept boasting about your cooking skills! Where did you learn?”

 

“Mostly from my grandmother. Although she’s very forward thinking, she emphasized that girls need to know how to cook. So she made sure that Harin and I learnt. My mother is a really good cook too, so I picked up a lot of recipes from both of them. The western dishes, I learnt how to cook by looking up recipes online and through trial and error. Next time, I will let you try some other dishes.”

 

“I’m glad to know Jiyong won’t starve.”

 

“No, I won’t allow him to starve. Don’t worry about that, omma.”

 

Jiyong’s mum nodded and continued eating. Jiyong felt really happy seeing how his parents got along with Chaerin and how Chaerin reassured them that she would take good care of him. Suddenly, he was reminded that he has not visited Chaerin’s parents personally after he got back from Milan. While he had talked to them on the phone, he had not gone to see them.

 

“Chae, when are you going to go visit your parents?”

 

“I was just thinking about that just now. I’d give them a call later and see if they are at home today or tomorrow. Oppa, I need to borrow one of your cars at some point. Otherwise, I will have to rely on the company car. It doesn’t feel right to be using that when I’m not really part of the company right now.”

 

“If you don’t want to drive, you can take my manager and let him drive you around.”

 

“I don’t want to trouble him. It’s alright. I’ll work something out.”

 

“Jiyong, just let Chaerin borrow one of your cars. She can drive herself around and it will be more convenient.”

 

“Aigoo~ Yeobo, Jiyong wants to know where she goes. He’s using his manager to keep tabs on her.”

 

At this, Jiyong’s father laughed and Chaerin looked at Jiyong questioningly.

 

“Is that true, oppa?”

 

“Well, I feel better knowing that someone is driving you around. And if it’s my manager, I can contact him if I can’t reach you.”

 

“I will tell you where I’m going. You don’t have to keep tabs on me.”

 

“Fine, you can take one of my cars but in return, you have to let me know where you go and that you have arrived safely at your destination.”

 

“Oppa, you behave like I’m new to Seoul. I have barely been away for more than a month. I will be fine but yes, I will let you know where I’m going and when I arrive.”

 

“Tell me who you are with too.”

 

“Jiyong ah, even though you are Chaerin’s boyfriend, you can give her some privacy right?”

 

“Omma, it’s alright. I can tell oppa who I’m with. It’s really no big deal. But Jiyong oppa has a way of turning up when he’s not invited. That’s what I hope won’t happen here.”

 

“Son, you need to trust Chaerin.”

 

“I trust her. I just don’t trust the guys around her.”

 

Chaerin rolled her eyes at that and Jiyong’s mum laughed at that.

 

“Then, you should let everyone know that she is your girlfriend.”

 

“See, even my dad says so. We really should go public with our relationship.”

 

“Appa, please don’t encourage Jiyong oppa. Right now, the focus should be his solo concert. I do not want anything to distract people from that.”

 

“You don’t have to tell everyone. Just have a party and announce to the people at the party.”

 

“That’s actually not a bad idea. We should do it, Chae.”

 

“Oppa, you have rehearsals and practice sessions and all the interviews lined up in the next week or so, let’s just focus on that first alright? We can have the party after your concerts in Seoul end.”

 

“Alright, we’ll do that.”

 

“Oppa, what time do you have to be at the office?”

 

“Latest by 3pm. Why?”

 

“Maybe I should just go and visit my parents before we head to the office.”

 

“Sounds like a good idea. Why don’t you call them now and tell them? They must have been waiting anxiously for your call since yesterday.”

 

Chaerin nodded and excused herself from the dining table. She went to the living room to make a call to her parents. When she got through to them and asked if it would be a good time to visit, her parents were delighted. She told them to expect her in about 2 hours and that she’s coming with Jiyong.

 

Walking back to the kitchen, she saw Jiyong clearing the table with his mother’s help. She quickly went forward and took the plates from Jiyong’s mother.

 

“Omma, please leave this to me and Jiyong oppa.”

 

“Aigoo~ You made breakfast, least I could do is help to clear up.”

 

“No, it’s alright. We should be done in no time. Why don’t you and appa go and take a walk? The weather outside is perfect for a walk.”

 

“Alright, we’ll leave you two to clean up. Are you going to your parents’ later?

 

“Yes, they have been expecting me to turn up at the doorstep. I called them briefly yesterday after I arrived.”

 

“Then clean up fast, and go and see them. They must be so anxious to see you. Ah, Chaerin, do ask them if they have time to meet us for dinner before you go back to Milan.”

 

“I will ask.”

 

“Ask Jiyong when he has time to go as well. If dinner is difficult, then we can change it to lunch. He should be present when we meet your parents.”

 

“I will talk to Jiyong oppa later about this. Once we have made the arrangements, I will let you know.”

 

Jiyong’s mum patted Chaerin’s arm and urged her to finish up cleaning. By the time Chaerin went back to the kitchen, she saw that Jiyong was halfway through washing the dishes. She went forward and wanted to take over the job.

 

“Oppa, let me finish this. Go and wash up. We will leave as soon as possible.”

 

“Why don’t you go wash up and let me finish this. I can get ready much faster than you.”

 

“But it’s not nice to let you do the dishes.”

 

“Chae, I really don’t mind. And I believe my parents don’t mind either that I’m helping. Go and shower. You still have to pack your bag, don’t you? Are we coming back here tonight or are we staying in the city?”

 

“Let’s go back to our apartments tonight. It’s a shorter commute. Who looks after Gaho and Jolie if your parents are not here?”

 

“The manager of this place. Why?”

 

“Can we bring Gaho and Jolie back to Seoul with us?”

 

“No.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because we really won’t have time to look after them. I will be busy with rehearsals, you are going to be busy with your own things. It will be unfair to them to keep them cooped up in the apartment. The manager here takes really good care of them. He makes sure that they are fed and walked. So, don’t worry about them.”

 

“Alright. You sure you will be ok doing the dishes?”

 

“I’m almost done. I will help you with the packing when I’m done here.”

 

Chaerin smiled then give Jiyong a quick peck on the cheek before heading off to the shower in their bedroom. She didn’t take too long and after 45 minutes, she was out of the bathroom, with light make-up on her face. She saw that Jiyong had already showered in another bathroom and was packing their bags.

 

“Oppa, why are you packing so much of your clothes? Don't you have any in your apartment?”

 

“I do, but I don't have any at your apartment so it's better if I bring more. I can just leave the clothes at your apartment.”

 

Chaerin shook her head but didn't bother to comment. She knew Jiyong will not be persuaded by her. Once they have finished packing and getting ready, they went to say goodbye to Jiyong’s parents. Jiyong’s mum gave Chaerin a warm hug and reminded her to ask her parents when they are available to have a meal with them. She also asked Chaerin for her mum’s number so it would be easier to contact them if necessary. Chaerin compiled and gave her mother’s number to Jiyong’s mum.

 

Before they left, Chaerin went to say goodbye to Gaho and Jolie. She was a little sad because she really missed the puppies. She looked at Jiyong and begged with her eyes to let her bring them to Seoul. Jiyong almost gave in but he remembered how it was for Gaho when he kept him in the apartment all alone and stood his ground. He gathered Chaerin close for a hug and whispered in her ear.

 

“I know you really want to bring them to Seoul. Maybe after the concert when we have a bit of time, we can come and bring them back. But right now, it is really not a good time. Gaho will get very lonely in the apartment alone. Be good and listen to me ok?”

 

Chaerin knew Jiyong was right. She released herself from Jiyong’s hug and knelt down to give Gaho and Jolie one last hug, promising to come see them before she goes back to Milan. The dogs seemed to sense how sad she was at having to leave them, and instead of howling and barking, they her face, as if telling her they understood how difficult it was for her as well. After one last pat on their heads, Chaerin stood up and walked with Jiyong to his car hand in hand.

 

Jiyong’s parents waved to them as they drove off. Jiyong held on to Chaerin’s hand and whenever they stopped at a traffic light, he would bring her hand to his lips and kissed it gently. Chaerin allowed it until they entered the boundaries of Seoul and she took her hand away from Jiyong. That made Jiyong really upset.

 

“Ya… Why can’t I hold your hand inside the car? Not like anyone is going to see through those tinted windows.”

 

“Oppa, let’s err on the side of caution. I know you hate it. I hate it as well, but right now, we have to be more careful than ever. Both of us are in a car, without a manager accompanying us. If we are caught, it will be difficult to explain the circumstances. Please understand, ok?”

 

Jiyong took a deep breath and while he didn’t like the idea, he knew Chaerin was right. With his solo concert so close, none of them should be caught in a situation where suspicions can be cashed on either of them.

 

“I love you so much, Lee Chaerin. You are like the guardian angel of my soul, my whole being and self.”

 

“I love you too, oppa, very very much. And thanks for understanding. You know the way to my parents’ right?”

 

“Yes, it wasn’t that long ago that I had to send them back after meeting them for dinner.”

 

“Good then. Luckily my parents’ house has a underground garage. It won’t be too easy to spot the car.”

 

“Your parents live in a pretty exclusive part of Seoul. I remember how I used to get really intimidated driving you home.”

 

“Aigooo~ You know my parents inherited the house from my grandfather. If it were up to my parents, they would probably live in an area closer to my dad’s workplace. But it didn’t make financial sense to leave a big house vacant.”

 

Chaerin took a look at her watch and she realized the time was running short. It was already close to 1pm and they have to be at the office at 3pm. She was actually already thinking if it were better to send Jiyong back to the office so they won’t be caught entering YGE together as they would raise too many questions. She knew he wasn’t going to agree to it immediately but she decided to try anyway.

 

“Oppa, It’s almost 1pm. You said you have to be at the office by 3pm right? Do you think it’s better for you to go to the office on your own later? I want to spend a little more time with my parents.”

 

“Aren’t you going to come for my rehearsal? Aren’t you going to come and rehearse ‘The Leaders’ with me?”

 

“Oppa, we have performed ‘The Leaders’ so many times. Usually, we just come up with a sequence on the spot. There isn’t a need to purposefully set up a time specially for that right?”

 

“You are just afraid of being seen with me entering the company right?”

 

Chaerin nodded. She knew it was no use trying to lie to Jiyong. He wasn’t stupid, he just didn’t really care if people saw them together or not.

 

“Chaerin ah-”

 

“Oppa, I know what you are going to say, but you also know what my reply is going to be. So let’s not because both of us will end up being upset. Take it as I want to spend more time with my parents and I don’t want you to be late for rehearsal. I will come around 4.30pm and we can run through the sequence for ‘The Leaders’. After that, I will have to leave to meet Jay oppa. When you are done, you can message me and I’d let you know whether you should join us or meet me back at my apartment, alright?”

 

“No, it’s not alright, but there’s nothing I can do about it when you are being all reasonable about it. You really won’t consider going public with our relationship?”

 

“You already know the answer to that.”

 

Jiyong hit the steering wheel hard with his right hand in frustration. Chaerin took his hand in hers and kissed it. And just to pacify him, she kept holding his hand since they have turned into her parents’ exclusive neighborhood. The security is very tight in this area because a lot of foreign diplomats and ambassadors lived here. Therefore, they can be sure no one will be snooping around, especially not the media or the sasaeng fans.

 

“Maybe I should consider getting a house in this area. The security is so much better than where my family is staying now.”

 

“Maybe you should. It’s a good neighborhood. Our parents will be close to each other as well.”

 

“I was thinking of us. If my parents want to move here, I will just buy another unit for them. But this would be a good place for us especially if we are going to keep the relationship a secret.”

 

“Don’t sound so angry, oppa. I love you so so much.”

 

Jiyong turned towards Chaerin and kissed her forehead quickly. They have arrived at her parents’. Chaerin called her mother and within minutes, the gate swung open. Jiyong headed straight for the underground garage. In his head, he’s already thinking of contacting his real estate agent and getting him to look at finding a place in this neighborhood.

 

Once he parked the car, he got out of the car and went round to Chaerin’s side to open the car door for her. But Chaerin had already gotten out of the car. She looked amused that Jiyong actually did the gentleman thing.

 

“Oppa, you don’t have to do that for me. We know each other long enough to not have to do this. Remember that if I ever ride to the company with you.”

 

“But I want to get to you quicker.”

 

“Just remember to always wait for me in front of the car. Even if we can’t hold hands, I want to walk beside you whenever we have to go somewhere together.”

 

Jiyong smiled when he heard what Chaerin said. He gathered her up in a hug and pouted, asking for a kiss without words. Since he’s been really cooperative with what she had suggested, she gave in. Their lips met and only when they heard a not-so-discreet cough did they stop. Both turned to see Chaerin’s father standing at the door leading to the house. Chaerin quickly got out of Jiyong’s embrace and ran towards her father.

 

“Appa! I missed you so much!”

 

“Aigoooo~ You are just trying to stop me from making a fuss over what I just saw right? This naughty daughter!”

 

“But I did miss you and omma!”

 

“Yet you didn’t come back home last night.”

 

“Sorry-”

 

Professor Lee laughed when he saw Chaerin’s solemn and apologetic face. He gave her a hug and told her all is forgiven. When he caught sight of Jiyong, he released Chaerin and stepped forward to give Jiyong a hug too. Jiyong was visibly caught off-guard but quickly recovered to hug Professor Lee too.

 

“Jiyong, it’s good to see you again. How’s your preparation for your concert?”

 

“It’s coming along well.”

 

“Yeobo! Let them in. The garage is chilly. Come inside and talk over coffee and tea.”

 

Upon hearing her mum’s voice, Chaerin pushed past her father and went upstairs to the kitchen. She flew into her mother’s arm when she spotted her standing at the top of the stairs.

 

“Omma!”

 

“Aigoo~ Young lady, you are not light as a feather! I also lost my balance!”

 

“OMMA!”

 

“Arraso, I was just joking. Did you rest well yesterday at Dolce Vita?”

 

“I’m still a little jet lagged but other than that, I’m ok.”

 

Seeing that her husband and Jiyong had appeared in the kitchen, Mama Lee released Chaerin and went forward to give Jiyong a welcome hug as well.

 

“Jiyong ah, you look like you have lost weight! Are you not eating enough?”

 

“Aniyo, I just miss Chaerin too much. Now that she’s here, I will be alright.”

 

“So sweet, those were the days! Old man, when was the last time you missed me so much that you lost weight?”

 

“Never, because I have never let you out of my sight.”

 

“Appa, omma, stop it. This is embarrassing.”

 

Professor Lee went to Mama Lee and gave her a hug. Chaerin was looking away and shouting for them to stop. Only when she felt Jiyong’s backhug did she stop and turn to look at him.

 

“I didn’t want you to feel left out.”

 

Hearing that, Professor Lee and Mama Lee both burst out laughing. Chaerin tried to squirm out of the backhug but Jiyong only held on tighter.

 

“Let’s sit down and have some snacks. Jiyong, is tea ok?”

 

“Sure omma, I will have whatever is prepared.”

 

The four of them settled down and the conversation started flowing. Chaerin’s parents asked about the concert preparation and Jiyong answered accordingly. Chaerin told her parents that Jiyong’s parents wanted to have dinner with them before she has to leave for Milan and Chaerin’s mum told them that Jiyong’s mother called her just now and they agreed to set a date that Jiyong can make it. Jiyong promised to tell his manager and ask him to set aside the date and he will inform them accordingly.

 

After about 45 minutes, at 2pm, Chaerin told Jiyong that he had better get ready to go to the company. Chaerin’s parents were surprised when Chaerin didn’t make the move to go to the company with Jiyong, but they kept their silence. They had wanted to talk to Chaerin about their relationship. While they have spoken about it briefly over Skype but her parents really wanted a face-to-face talk with her.

 

Chaerin walked Jiyong to the car and gave him a hug and a brief kiss before sending him on his way. After making her promise she will be at the company at 4.30pm, Jiyong got into the car.

 

Chaerin waved as he drove away and prepared herself for the questioning from her parents. She knew that they have been wanting to talk to her about it. As liberal and approving of her relationship with Jiyong as they were, Chaerin knew they wanted to know what caused her to leave Korea so abruptly and what made her decide to accept Jiyong again. Once she saw Jiyong had passed the gate, she shut it and went upstairs.

 

As expected, both her father and mother were waiting for her at the dining table. She approached them with a smile. Not wanting to scare her, both parents smiled back at her.

 

“Chaerin ah, come over here. We want to have a chat with you.”

 

“I know, dad.”

 

“You know what we are going to ask you about?”

 

“Probably about Jiyong oppa and my relationship. I know we spoke briefly about it, but both of you must be curious to know why I left and why I decided to go into a relationship with him.”

 

“Yes. So?”

 

“When I made the decision to leave, it was mainly so that my members can have a chance at attempting solo activities, and to have more time to be with their boyfriends. I have been in love with Jiyong oppa for as long as I have been in YGE. So leaving him was the most difficult thing for me. But because I was so in love with him, he had also managed to hurt me the most. When I left without a word, I know it will affect him, but I didn’t expect the impact to be this great.”

 

“Did you communicate with him during the time when you were away?”

 

“Not directly. I got all his messages but I never replied to him directly.”

 

“And who helped you reconcile all your feelings? It can’t be that you woke up one day and realized that you were still in love of him despite it all and that was that.”

 

“Jay oppa helped me through it. Coincidentally, the apartment that I was looking to rent belongs to his cousin. And he happened to be in Italy during that time.”

 

“So he stayed with you in the apartment?”

 

“For a week before he had to come back to Korea. Nothing happened between us. We talked, he was like my counselor during that one week and made me see things from a man’s point of view. Through him, I realized that I was so focused on how much Jiyong oppa hurt me, that I didn’t see how much my own action hurt Jiyong oppa as well.”

 

“How did Jiyong take the news that you stayed in an apartment with another guy for a week?”

 

“He hit Jay oppa, and hated the fact that Jay oppa got to spend so much quality time with me.”

 

“He hit Jay? He must be really angry.”

 

“Jiyong oppa is not a violent person, in case you are worried that he would abuse me physically.”

 

“Oh, we are not worried about that. You will probably hurt him more if both of you got into a fight. That’s why we know he must have been really angry with Jay to pull a punch.”

 

“He was. He asked Jay oppa before if he was with me and Jay oppa kinda lied to him. But he was just respecting my wishes.”

 

“So this relationship is for better or for worse? Till death do you part?”

 

“If this is your way of asking did we go into this with marriage in mind, the answer is yes. I’m sure Jiyong oppa made it clear to you when he met you for dinner before he left to see me in Milan.”

 

“We know it is for him, but what about you? You are doing your fashion design course halfway round the world, it’s a long distance relationship, you still have your group and your own solo career to think about. Are you sure being in this relationship is what you want at this point in time?”

 

“Dad, mum, you know I’m not the type to make a rash decision, especially when you have just listed out all the concerns that I had. I have thought about it, I have talked about it with Jiyong oppa and we reached the agreement that the relationship is something both of us want and are willing to work hard to make it work. We know it’s not going to be easy, what with him having to go to the army and I still have ambitions towards my solo career. But the relationship is something we definitely won’t give up on.”

 

“Will you be willing to make the necessary sacrifice if and when you have to make it?”

 

“Is this a ‘keep the baby or keep the mum’ question? If you are asking if I have to choose between my relationship and my career, which will I choose, I will say my relationship with Jiyong oppa. I won’t compromise on my solo career, but I will not let it ruin this relationship. Dad, mum, you have to know that I am aware that something’s gotta give. If it comes to that, Jiyong oppa and I will work something out and decide on what to give up on. It won’t be just me working to make sure the relationship works. Please trust me, please trust Jiyong oppa, please trust us.”

 

“We are glad to know. Chaerin ah, we have never stopped you from pursuing what you believe is worth pursuing. We have known for a long time that Jiyong and you have something very special. From my conversation with Jiyong’s mother just now, it will seem like they know it too. Hearing you say that both you and Jiyong had talked about the relationship and both of you are on the same page, we give you our blessings.”

 

“Thanks mum, thanks dad, I really needed to know that this relationship has your blessing.”

 

“You probably won’t care even if we objected.”

 

“I do care, but I also know that you trust me enough to make my own decisions.”

 

“We don’t really agree with your decision to leave Korea without a word, so don’t ever do that again.”

 

“I won’t. That was a reckless decision, but I didn’t want to give myself the time to think. I know if I thought a minute more, I won’t be able to leave.”

 

“What time do you need to leave for YGE? It’s already 3pm. How are you going to get there? Do you want me to send you? How are you going to get round while you are here?”

 

“I have to be there by 4.30pm, otherwise Jiyong oppa will send the police after me. I could get a cab if it’s too much trouble for you to send me, Dad. I have asked Jiyong oppa to loan me one of his cars while I’m here.”

 

“Won’t it be too obvious? What if people realize that it’s his car and question why you are driving it?”

 

“That’s true. I’d think about it when the time comes. Mum, I’m a little hungry. Do you think you can cook me something to eat?”

 

“I have already prepared some food for you and Jiyong. I didn’t expect him to leave so early.”

 

“I didn’t want him to be late. If he’s late, everyone has to stay behind until rehearsal is over and that’s not fair. I can just bring the food to him.”

 

“Give me 5 minutes to heat it up. I will pack Jiyong’s share and you can bring it for him.”

 

“Thanks mum. Dad, can we leave around 3.45pm? That will give me ample time to arrive and Jiyong oppa can eat what Mum has prepared for him.”

 

“Sure, just let me know when you are ready to leave.”

 

Chaerin settled down to eat the food that her mum put before her. While she was eating, her parents asked about her fashion design course. When she finished her food, it was already 3.35pm. She quickly cleared up her dishes but was stopped by her mum. She thanked her mum and started towards the garage when her phone rang. She saw that it was Jiyong’s manager who was calling. She quickly picked up the call.

 

“Hello! I’m on my way now-”

 

“Chaerin ah, I’m outside your parents’ house. When you are ready, just come out so I can get you to YGE.”

 

“Did something happen?”

 

“No. Jiyong sent me because he said you don’t have a car to bring you to the company.”

 

“Oh, ok. I’ll come out now.”

 

Chaerin got off the phone with the manager and turned to her parents.

 

“Dad, you don’t have to send me. Jiyong oppa’s manager is here to bring me to the company.”

 

“Jiyong must be really afraid you won’t show up on time.”

 

Chaerin laughed and told her parents that he offered his manager as her chauffeur. Her parents responded the same way Jiyong’s parents did, seeing through Jiyong’s plot to keep an eye on her. Chaerin hugged her parents and said goodbye to them. Her parents sent her to the door and watched her as she got on the van.

 

“Jiyong is heads over heel in love with her and I’m glad.”

 

“He has been for a long time, he just didn’t have the courage to move beyond their oppa-dongsaeng relationship because he was afraid to lose her.”

 

“I’m happy for both of them, though it’s not going to be easy. Long distance relationship and the fact they are public figures.”

 

“But hearing what Chaerin said just now, I believe both of them can get through anything together.”

 

“I know. I’m just glad it’s Jiyong.”

 

“Me too.”


Author's note: This has been a long time coming. I don't really have an excuse. Life takes over and that's that. This is a plotless story still. It's a "let's type and see where the story and characters go". I will try to update more often but I'm not comfortable with giving a promise of how often. Anyway, enjoy the update, comment if you want to to let me know you are still reading the story. The other 2 stories should be getting an update soon. Have a great weekend ahead!