CHAPTER 1

One, to Infinity (Give Me Back My Song Sequel)

Chapter 1

20 March 2013

11am, Korea

 

Chaerin walked out of the arrival gate in Incheon International Airport, only to be greeted by flashlights and microphones being shoved in her face.

 

“Chaerin-ssi, what is your real reason for coming back to attend Jiyong-ssi’s concert? Is it to further your solo career after you stepped down from 2NE1?”

 

“Has 2NE1 disbanded?”

 

“Are you dating Kwon Jiyong?”

 

Luckily, she had her sunglasses on so the flashlights didn’t blind her. She had her headphones on but the questions still came to her. The last question got her frowning.

 

I knew they would think that.

 

Suddenly, she heard an even louder commotion then she felt someone grabbing her and enveloping her into a hug. At first, she struggled for a bit but then there was something familiar about the hug.

 

Jiyong oppa.

 

She settled a little into the hug then remembered that they were at the airport, in plain sight of the reporters and fans. She pulled back first, then threw Jiyong a smile.

 

“Jiyong oppa, it’s been a while. How have you been?”

 

“Chaerin ah~ Let’s go. Everyone’s waiting outside.”

 

“Everyone?”

 

“Jiyong-ssi, do you mean there are more people from the YG Family outside?”

 

Jiyong turned to the reporter who asked the question.

 

“Of course, our princess is back today, almost the entire family is here. Except for those who has to prepare for her welcome party. Let’s go.”

 

By now, the security team from YG had come inside and cleared the way for Chaerin and Jiyong and prevented the media from following them. Though they didn’t hold hands but they walked close to each other. No words were exchanged because what they wanted to say to each other cannot be said in front of prying eyes.

 

There were fans near their nanny van who called out to Chaerin and she waved because she recognized them. After signing a few autographs for those who requested, she said she really had to go and she hoped to see all of them at GD’s concert. They said they had already bought tickets the moment they heard she was coming back. She thanked them for the support and left.

 

Jiyong didn’t board the nanny van. He couldn’t bear to let her out of his sight now that he’s got her in Korea, even if it’s just for 10 days.

 

“Chaerin ah, we have to go. Boss wants to see you as soon as possible.”

 

Again, she waved to her fans and said her farewells before walking towards the nanny van.

 

“Oppa, you could have waited inside. Where are the others?”

 

“I lied. Otherwise it would look strange if I came and fetch you from the airport right? Or would you rather I told them I came to fetch you alone? I have every reason to. You are my wife.”

 

“Girlfriend. I’m not wearing an engagement ring or a wedding ring, so don’t put that label on me.”

 

“Sooner or later baby, sooner or later.”

 

“Not yet though. How have you been, oppa?”

 

“Busy and missing you like crazy! These 19 days of separation had got to stop.”

 

“Oppa, you know how it was going to be like having a solo tour and a long-distance relationship. This isn’t too bad. I mean, it’s been barely 3 weeks.”

 

“Actually, it’s good that I have the solo tour to take my mind off the fact that you are not beside me. Otherwise, I don’t know how many times I would have flown out to Milan. Why are we sitting so far apart?”

 

“Because we are still being followed.”

 

The security team who heard Chaerin let out a short laugh.

 

“Chaerin is always better than you at noticing such things. This is probably why she has never been caught in a scandal.”

 

“Hyung, don’t praise her too much otherwise she would get it in her head to stand far apart from me in public.”

 

“You, on the other hand, do not give a damn about such things. You do not know how many times Chaerin had to come to your rescue when the two of you are out together.”

 

“But the curtains are closed!”

 

“Oppa, I still want to leave Korea in 10 days’ time in one piece. As it is, your fans aren’t very happy that I decide to come back and be a guest at the first concert of your first solo world tour. They see it as I’m taking the limelight away from you.”

 

“What’s mine is yours anyway. And I don’t give a damn about such things.”

 

“I do. No matter what, this is your first solo tour and I don’t want bad vibes. You deserve all of the limelight.”

 

“And you deserve proper respect. Don’t worry, I’d make it clear that I wanted you to be at my concert. In fact, I’m bringing you on the tour.”

 

“Alright, Chaerin, the coast is clear. They have gotten tired of following us since this route goes straight to YGE. We’ll leave you lovebirds alone.”

 

With that, the screen dividing the front and the back of the nanny van came up. Jiyong wasted no time in pulling Chaerin onto his lap. He buried his face in the crook of her neck and took in her scent. He finally found the peace that had eluded him since he’s been back from Milan.

 

“I miss you so much, you have no idea. Even though I see you on Skype every day, nothing beats holding you in my arms. You are staying with me for the next 10 days, I don’t care.”

 

“I miss you too, oppa. I told myself that it was alright since Seungho oppa is with me. But it’s just not the same. But you have to be strong for me too otherwise I would be so tempted to fly back into your embrace. I can’t stay with you! Your fans camp outside your place!”

 

“Then where are you staying?”

 

“My own apartment.”

 

“Then I’m staying with you.”

 

“Oppa...”

 

“If not, I would just buy a unit in the same apartment block as yours. That would give me perfect reason to be seen coming in and out of the apartment block as you.”

 

“Up to you, I don’t want to waste my breath talking you out of it.”

 

“Then let’s not waste our breath and time arguing about things that can be solved with money. Come here and let me kiss you.”

 

Without waiting a beat, Jiyong’s lips were on Chaerin’s. The kiss went on for a while and their hands were all over each other. Just when Jiyong wanted to take it one step further, his phone beeped. He growled out his frustration and almost wanted to ignore it but Chaerin stopped him when he tried to pick up where they left off again.

 

“Check it. It might be important.”

 

“You and your sense of responsibility!”

 

Chaerin tried to get off Jiyong’s lap but was stopped when he put his arm around her waist. After checking the message, he released her then put on his black face.

 

“Oppa, what’s the matter?”

 

“We are at YGE.”

 

“Then, what’s with the black face.”

 

“We were interrupted.”

 

Chaerin laughed out loud, took his face in her hands then gave him one last kiss before they had to alight.

 

“We have plenty of time to catch up tonight, oppa. Let’s finish what needs to be done, meet the people we need to meet then let’s escape back to my apartment.”

 

“Your girls are throwing a big party for you. So, if you think that’s going to end early, it’s not going to happen.”

 

“Oppa, you forget that I’m ‘stay-at-home’ Chaerin. We will leave the party by 10pm. I’m sure we will find a way to sneak away alright?”

 

“Promise?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Before we go, I’ve been wanting to ask. Where’s the key? Why is it not on your wrist? I see the watch but the key is not there.”

 

Chaerin saw the customized bracelet on Jiyong’s wrist and smiled. She was touched that he really wore it every day. Then again, he couldn’t take off the bracelet since the key to open it was with her.

 

“I’d show you later. Come on, where’s the first stop?”

 

“Boss’ office.”

 

The two of them walked into YGE and there were fans screaming Chaerin’s name. She turned, waved and smiled before walking in after Jiyong. The moment they were in the building, Jiyong held her close with his arm around her waist.

 

“Oppa...”

 

“Everyone knows. The other members’ relationships are still a secret but I don’t see the need to hide when I obviously just came back from Milan 19 days ago and the only reason why I would be there is you. So when anyone asked, I just told them that we are in a relationship.”

 

“What if...”

 

“Chaerin ah, I don’t give a damn. If they ask me point blank, I would answer truthfully. I’ve told you that, I have told Boss that before we went into this relationship. So stop worrying about people seeing us.”

 

After talking to YG, they met up with the production team and Chaerin was briefed on her schedule for rehearsal and the recording of the hologram projection. Just to be able to bring ‘The Leaders’ for the tour, they had decided that this would be the best alternative. And just so no suspicion would be casted, all the collaboration tracks had the respective holograms recorded. Those were already done. All that’s left was Chaerin’s. She agreed to the schedule and fielded questions of her own.

 

By the end of the meeting, the producers and tour manager could understand why she was so highly regarded by the management and staff of YGE.

 

The next stop was the recording studio to record her part for ‘The Leaders’. Jiyong followed her everywhere she had to go. She was surprised to find EVERYONE at Teddy’s studio. So recording was delayed because everyone wanted to talk to her. Only when Jiyong finally told them to leave the studio with a firm threat that if they delay the recording any longer, they would skip the party, did everyone finally leave reluctantly. Jiyong had to kick Seungri out when he tried to find an excuse to stay.

 

Chaerin shook her head at him but she knew that their schedule was tight so she told the 3 couples and Seungri that she would catch up with them at the party. They split up the lines for Teddy’s part and Chaerin went in and recorded her part in 15 minutes. After that, Jiyong did his part and then they were out of the studio too.

 

By the time they got to wardrobe, jet lag was actually catching up with Chaerin. But she knew she had to settle all the details before the recording for the hologram tomorrow. After their stylist unnie showed her the choices, every single one was shot down by Jiyong because they were all too revealing somewhere. Chaerin knew that if she didn’t step in, they would never decide on anything.

 

“Unnie, what is Jiyong oppa wearing for this song?”

 

“The red jacket with white shirt and black pants.”

 

“Then, how about I wear the vintage Mugler white top and the high slit skirt...”

 

“Didn’t I already say that was too revealing?!”

 

“I would wear this jacket with the red lapels to match your red and we will have a cool couple look, how about that? Oppa, you don’t expect me to go out all wrapped up right?”

 

“No. That white top shows off your cleavage and that skirt will show off your beautiful thighs.”

 

“I’m already wearing the jacket so it would cover the cleavage somewhat. You said it, I have beautiful thighs, so I should show them off right? If they say I look good, you look good too.”

 

“But...”

 

“Oppa... I’m jet-lagged and tired. If you are going to reject everything, then maybe I shouldn’t go to the concert. We can do the recording with me wearing white pants but I really want to wear the white skirt, please?”

 

Finally noticing her blood-shot eyes, Jiyong knew that to extend this discussion would just tire Chaerin out without getting anything done. He reached out to cup her face and gave her a kiss on the nose, then hugged her close to him. Chaerin wound her arms round him to give him a quick hug, thanking him without words for understanding. Jiyong gave her a quick smile before turning his attention to the coordi-noona.

 

“Alright noona, we’ll go with Chaerin’s suggestion. If there’s a need for any change, we’ll do that after tomorrow. Come, baby, let’s get you out of here.”

 

“Oppa, we still have the party to go to.”

 

“Baby, you can barely keep your eyes open. I’m sure your girls will understand. Let’s call them and change the date.”

 

“It’s ok. Let’s go get a cup of coffee. Look at it this way, at least we will have a valid reason to leave the party early. We are not going to have a lot of time since I promised Jay oppa that I would look at some of the music and lyrics that he wrote and I need to talk to him about other things as well. So, let’s just do this ok?”

 

“You sure? Alright, you go to the car first. I would go get the coffee for you.”

 

“Thanks oppa~”

 

Jiyong made a quick trip to the cafeteria in YGE and got Chaerin her favorite Americano. When he got to the car, he found Chaerin fast asleep. Although he knew that she would really want to meet the others, he knew that she was in no state to. He made the call to Dara and told her that Chaerin was jet-lagged and had fallen asleep, so they won’t be going to the party.

 

Next, he called his parents and said he would be dropping by Dolce Vita with Chaerin. He asked if there were anyone at the villa. His parents told him that they had blocked the bookings when they knew that Chaerin was coming back. They had wanted to ask him to bring her over and thought it would be better if there wasn’t anyone around. Jiyong thanked them and started driving towards the villa. He sent a message to Dara, telling her that they could drop by Dolce Vita if they needed to hold a party with Chaerin. Dara replied, saying she would ask the others and then confirm the details with Chaerin again.

 

When he arrived at Dolce Vita, it was already 8pm. He looked over to see his angel still fast asleep. He got out of the car and was about to carry her when Gaho came racing out. His barks woke Chaerin up. For a second, she was disorientated then she saw Jiyong’s smiling face. She smiled and Jiyong leaned in to kiss her.

 

“Slept well, baby?”

 

“Yup~ But where are we? Aren’t we supposed to go to the party?”

 

“I made the call and told Dara noona that you were jet-lagged and had fallen asleep. We are at Dolce Vita and get ready because...”

 

At that moment, Gaho put his big paws on Chaerin’s legs. Chaerin was shocked and then she started laughing. Gaho barked as if recognizing who the laugh belonged to. He was about to pounce on her and her face when Jiyong pulled his collar.

 

Chaerin took Gaho’s face in her hands and greeted him.

 

“Gaho ah, annyeong~ How have you been? Did you miss me? Do you remember me?”

 

When Gaho barked again as if answering Chaerin, she laughed again.

 

“Jiyong ah, is that you? Don’t stay outside. It’s still cold out. Where’s Chaerin?”

 

“Omma! She’s here, being attacked by Gaho. Gaho, sit!”

 

In the end, Jiyong had to carry Gaho away but he kept wanting Chaerin to carry him. So after she alighted from the car, she took Gaho from Jiyong and started talking to him in whisper. That calmed Gaho down. Jiyong shook his head and laughed. No one can escape from Chaerin’s charm, not even his dog.

 

He locked up his car and walked towards the villa. But he stopped at the sight in front of him. Chaerin was sitting on the ground and both Gaho and Jolie had their heads on her lap. She was chatting casually with them and laughing when Jolie tried to push Gaho away. She took hold of Jolie’s paws and told her she shouldn’t do that. As if understanding that what she did hurt Gaho, Jolie him in apology.

 

“She’s good with them.”

 

“She’s good with kids and animals.”

 

“Better get her inside. Your mum has been working up a fuss that you are keeping her outside in the cold.”

 

Jiyong nodded and his father left him to get his future daughter-in-law into the villa. He went to Chaerin and put his arm round her shoulders.

 

“Oppa, you keep them out here in the cold? Look at Jolie, her paws are so cold. Poor baby~”

 

“We bring them in at night or when it gets too cold. Let’s go in and greet my parents first then we will come and settle them, ok?”

 

“OMO! Why didn’t you tell me? We should have gone inside first.”

 

“Relax, they are just happy to know you are here. Come on, if we don’t go in soon, my mum is going to send the search party for you. She would just leave me to die.”

 

Before getting up, Chaerin patted Gaho and Jolie’s heads before removing them gently from her lap and promising to come and see them later.

 

“Don’t be ridiculous. No parents will leave their own child to die. How do I look, oppa?”

 

“Baby, you look perfect, a little tired but perfect. Come on.”

 

“Oppa, are we staying here tonight? My luggage...”

 

“I have it in my car. Don’t worry about such details. When it’s you, I will take care of everything, alright?”

 

Jiyong held her hand and walked into the villa. She wanted to free her hand but Jiyong refused to let her.

 

“Oppa... It’s not nice to meet your parents this way.”

 

“They expect it. If we are not holding hands, they would probably be wondering why. Come on. Omma, appa, Chaerin is here.”

 

Jiyong’s parents came out to the door to meet Chaerin. When she saw them, she bowed politely and greeted them.

 

“Omo-nim, abeo-nim, have you been well?”

 

“Aigoo~ Chaerin ah, you should just follow Jiyong and call us ‘omma’ and ‘appa’. After all, you will eventually have to get used to calling us that. But we’ll let that rest for today. Come inside, we had prepared some food. You haven’t eaten, have you?”

 

“Not since this morning on the airplane.”

 

“Ya! Kwon Jiyong! Is this how you treat your future wife?”

 

Jiyong looked at Chaerin reproachingly.

 

“Why didn’t you say anything?”

 

“Omma, it’s not oppa’s fault. I wasn’t hungry, just tired. Plus we were running on a tight schedule. But now that you mentioned food, I am a little hungry. What did you prepare for us, omma?”

 

Chaerin moved forward and hooked her arm through her arm and let Mrs. Kwon lead her to the kitchen, talking animatedly along the way.

 

“She just saved your . A gem. You’ve got to hold on to her.”

 

“She did, didn’t she? I will. Let’s go and eat otherwise omma is going to nag both of us later.”

 

“... I heard that you can’t eat too much meat so I made fish and vegetables dishes.”

 

“Omma, you didn’t have to go to so much trouble. Anything is fine.”

 

“Nonsense! You are here as a guest. Everything has to be perfect.”

 

“Omma, you asked me to call you ‘omma’ so that means we are family. There is no need to go out of your way. I don’t want to be a burden. Let’s get along well and comfortably, ok?”

 

“Omma, don’t fuss over her. Let’s eat.”

 

Jiyong took the seat next to Chaerin and started eating. He didn’t forget to put food in her bowl for her. When Chaerin tried to return the favor, he purposely moved his bowl away and turned his face towards her, wanting her to feed him. His father let out a soft chuckle and Chaerin blushed. She quickly fed Jiyong and ate her own food.

 

“Aigoo~ That’s so cute! I have not seen our Jiyong behaving in such a manner for a long time. Chaerin ah, you are good for him.”

 

“Omma, appa, are you going to be staying here tonight? If you are, please allow me to make breakfast for you tomorrow.”

 

“Don’t you have to go meet Jay tomorrow?”

 

“I do. I’d wake up early for my morning jog anyway.”

 

“Chaerin ah, I’m looking forward to it.”

 

“Appa, what do you like to eat?”

 

“Anything you cook will be my favorite. Jiyong had been boasting about your cooking since he came back from Milan.”

 

“Appa, you are too kind. I hope my cooking would suit your taste.”

 

“Appa, omma, you are staying here tonight?”

 

“Well, since Chaerin has offered to cook us breakfast, we would stay. Not like there is a lack of rooms anyway. Don’t worry, we will take rooms in the opposite end from yours. Chaerin ah, feel free to choose any room you want.”

 

“Thank you, appa. I will. Can I bring Gaho and Jolie into the room that I choose?”

 

“Sure, if you don’t think they are too much of a nuisance.”

 

“They are not allowed in MY room. Don’t spoil them.”

 

“They are not allowed in YOUR room, not the one I choose to stay in. I haven’t seen them for so long. I want to talk to them.”

 

“I haven’t seen you for 19 days, I want to talk to you. ALONE.”

 

Jiyong’s parents laughed at their son’s outburst. It was actually quite refreshing to see him acting all possessive over a girl. Jiyong’s father reached for his mother’s hand under the table and squeezed it, telling her without words how happy he was to see their son like that. They exchanged a look and smiled.

 

Chaerin hid a smile. She knew that Jiyong wanted her to be in the same room as him but since his parents were going to be around, she had to act appropriately because he wasn’t going to.

 

“Sure, we can talk before I go to bed, then I’d bring Gaho and Jolie with me back to my room. You should eat some more, oppa.”

 

“Chaerin ah, we don’t have a lot of ingredients left. If you want to make breakfast tomorrow, you might have to go to the market.”

 

“It’s ok, omma, I’d take a look later. I’d use what is left in the refrigerator first and buy what I need. Oppa, can I have the car keys so I can go to the market tomorrow?”

 

“I’d drive you. We would probably wake up at the same time anyway.”

 

“I doubt so. I’m going to the market only after my morning jog.”

 

“What time do you intend to wake up?”

 

“I don’t even know if I can sleep tonight with the jet lag. And I need to finish some work before I meet Jay oppa tomorrow.”

 

“Chaerin ah, you should try to rest. You have a busy week ahead of you since you are going to be practicing alongside Jiyong.”

 

“Omma, I’d be fine. This is probably the busiest I have been since I left Korea. I will rest when necessary. Appa, omma, are you done with dinner? If you are, then I would start clearing up.”

 

“But you barely ate anything.”

 

“I did. It’s late and I shouldn’t eat too much. Otherwise I’m going to look fat next to Jiyong oppa on stage next week.”

 

“Aigoo~ What are you saying? You look fabulous! But yes, we’re done. Do you need help clearing up?”

 

“I’d help her. Omma, appa, why don’t you go and rest in the living room? We’ll bring out the fruits later.”

 

“Oppa, I can manage on my own.”

 

“It’s ok. Let’s do it together.”

 

“We are going to take Gaho and Jolie for a walk. Don’t bother about the fruits. Rest well, Chaerin ah~ See you tomorrow morning.”

 

“Isn’t it a little too dark to go for a walk? Appa, maybe you should bring a torch light with you?”

 

“Don’t worry, we aren’t going too far. The streets are well-lit here.”

 

With that, Jiyong’s parents went to get the leash for Gaho and Jolie and walked out of the house. Chaerin could hear Jiyong’s father laughing at something that his mum just said. She smiled, knowing that the two elders were not awkward about her presence. But the moment she turned to Jiyong, she met his frowning face.

 

“Oppa, what’s wrong?”

 

“I’m wondering if asking you to be the guest is the correct decision right now.”

 

“Why? You don’t want me as the guest now? You could still cancel it. I would just do the hologram and you can use that for the concert, if you still want to.”

 

Chaerin started clearing the table and was just about to start washing them when Jiyong hugged her from the back.

 

“I hate to see you so tired and working so hard. And no, you will not starve yourself just to look good on stage for me. I will not allow it. If you do not eat properly, I would cancel your appearance.”

 

Chaerin leaned back against Jiyong and he hugged her tighter.

 

“Oppa, it’s normal to be tired after a 10 hour flight and non-stop activity for the whole afternoon. But I’d be fine. This is nothing compared to what I’m used to. I like the work and if I can contribute just a little to your first ever solo tour, I would do anything. Don’t worry, I would rest when I’m tired and eat when I’m hungry. You just focus on standing on the stage that’s yours.”

 

“Just by being here, you are doing what no one else can. I’m so tempted to ask you to stay here so we don’t have to be separated.”

 

“Don’t wish for the impossible. Let’s just treasure the time we have alright, oppa?”

 

“Are you really going to sleep in a different room with Gaho and Jolie?”

 

“Yes, your parents are here. And I need time to finish some work for Jay oppa. But I’d wait till you go to bed.”

 

“No! I want to hold you in my arms. Baby, please.”

 

“Oppa...”

 

“If you are worried about my parents, don’t. I’d take responsibility for you. I just want to hold you in my arms.”

 

“Oppa, that’s what you always say...”

 

“No, really, I just want to hold you in my arms. I’m glad that I made it clear to Boss that I’m flying to Milan after every stop. I don’t even know how I’m going to survive if I don’t have that to keep me going.”

 

At this, Chaerin turned in his arms and made him look at her before she said.

 

“Oppa, I saw your tour schedule. You can’t keep flying after every stop.”

 

“But...”

 

“I’m serious. You have a show every weekend. It makes no sense to fly to Milan after each show. So the only time you can fly, yes, ONLY time is after the one in Fukuoka.”

 

“But...”

 

“I will fly back at the end of each month.”

 

“Really?! You would do that for me?”

 

“There’s nothing I won’t do for you. So, please stay focused on the tour and look forward to meeting me at the end of every month. There are conditions for this of course. One, you have to take care of yourself and not fall sick. Two, you have to rest and not drive yourself to exhaustion working all the time. Three, you cannot stay up late just so you can talk to me. Four...”

 

Jiyong stopped her by kissing her. He was touched that Chaerin made the decision to come back to Korea every month. He had tried to keep the schedule from her but at the meeting with the production and tour managers, they had given her a copy of it. He was actually worried that he wouldn’t be able to keep his promise to go to her but the alternative was to prolong the solo tour, which wasn’t something that he wanted too.

 

Chaerin pulled back after she felt Jiyong pulling her closer and snuggled into his chest. Jiyong smiled and rested his head on hers. His hands rested on her waist.

 

“I would agree to all your conditions but you need to agree to one of mine. When you are in Korea, you have to spend all the time you can spare with me. I know that you would probably have people to meet up with, and work to complete. But once my schedule is cleared for the day, I want it to be for us, alright?”

 

“Oppa, you will be my priority so you don’t have to worry about that. Send me your schedule during the days I would be around and I would work my appointments around it. We might have to think about where to stay during those periods I’m around though.”

 

“We could stay here.”

 

“It’s too far away from the city. Traveling time will be taxing if you have early schedules. We figure that out when the time comes. I need to do the dishes. Oppa, can you bring in my luggage?”

 

“I’m putting it in my room and you are sleeping in the same room as me. We are not going to argue about this.”

 

“Fine, but we really can’t bring the babies into the room?”

 

“No, that’s a rule that I have established with them and no matter what, I’m not going to break it. My parents are spoiling you when they said it was ok to let them into the room. Don’t forget that these rooms are open to the public.”

 

“Ah~ I forgot about that. Sorry! Ok, I won’t bring them inside then. Now, go and get my luggage in while I finish washing the dishes.”

 

“Yes, madam!”

 

Jiyong released Chaerin and went to get her luggage from his car. Just the thought that she was here with him made him smile.

 

I’m crazy.

I definitely am.

Crazy in love with Lee Chaerin.

 

Dolce Vita, 10pm

 

After Jiyong and Chaerin cleaned up the kitchen, they went to Jiyong’s bedroom and got ready for bed. When Jiyong expected Chaerin to be tired, she surprised him by taking out her sketchbook.

 

“What are you doing, baby? Aren’t you tired?”

 

“Oppa, it’s mid-day in Italy right now. I am tired but my body doesn’t want to go to bed yet. And I really have to finish this before I meet Jay oppa tomorrow.”

 

“What time are you meeting him?”

 

“We have not…”

 

Just then, Chaerin’s phone rang and upon seeing that it was Jay who was calling, she quickly answered it.

 

“Jay oppa! Speak of the devil! How are you? What time are we meeting tomorrow?”

 

At some point of the conversation, Chaerin turned to look at Jiyong and she was frowning. She walked close to Jiyong and sat down beside him on the bed. Jiyong had his hands around her in a split second and pulled her close.

 

“So, we are meeting around 11am at your new studio? But oppa, I’m a little worried about how much time we would have. I’m outside of Seoul right now so it would take me some time to arrive. Ahhh… I see. Then how about I meet you in the evening then? We can have dinner together. Ok, that would give me some time tomorrow afternoon to finish up. Perfect! I’d see you then! Goodnight~”

 

The moment Chaerin got off the phone, she wanted to get up but was stopped by Jiyong. She turned to look at Jiyong and snuggled closer.

 

“What are you working on with Jay?”

 

“Our collaborations. We are meeting tomorrow to talk about the 3 collaborations that I promised to do with him. I have to let him know that I’m going to be back every month so we would have time to do all 3. We were worried previously how we were going to find time.”

 

“Then why do you need your sketchbook? Do you write your lyrics in sketchbooks now?”

 

“Ahh, about that… Oppa, you know I’m studying fashion design and Jay oppa has generously offered to wear my designs for his next album. So the sketchbook contains the design I have come up with that would match his image for the new album.”

 

“Did you talk to him a lot when you were in Italy? More than me?”

 

“Aigooo~ Oppa, when I talk to Jay oppa, it’s usually about work.”

 

“Usually? What else do you talk about?”

 

“Everything, I guess, like his new album, his life, his worries and troubles. He’s a good friend and oppa to me.”

 

“What is this about you designing his clothes for his new album?”

 

“He saw my designs while he was with me in Milan so he suggested that I design the clothes and looks for his new album. I thought it would be good exposure and a good addition to my portfolio.”

 

“Why didn’t you suggest doing the designs for my concert then?”

 

“Because Jay oppa actually has more say over his own work. I don’t have time to come up with enough designs for an entire concert and juggle school. But you can reserve me for your next album.”

 

“So you are going to do collaborations in music AND fashion with Jay? Baby, you do know that that would just fuel rumors that there’s something going on between the two of you right?”

 

“Rumors are rumors. Whether I do collaborations with Jay oppa or not, it would still be there. But we know the truth. I’m in a relationship with you. I love you and the only person I would walk to the ends of the world with is you. And it’s not like Jay oppa doesn’t know about us.”

 

“So, what’s the plan tomorrow? What time are you meeting him?”

 

“I’m meeting him in the evening for dinner. Do you want to come with me?”

 

“I have rehearsals.”

 

“You can come after you are done then. But if you are too tired, then go back and rest ok?”

 

“What are you doing before that?”

 

“I’m going to follow you to the company. I need to talk to Teddy oppa, and probably hang out with my members. I have some ideas for our next album that I want them to think about. I also need to talk to Boss about that.”

 

“When are you coming back for sure?”

 

“After August? If not, next year.”

 

“Why?”

 

“My present course will end in August. If I get an internship offer, I would stay on.”

 

“And what am I supposed to do after I’m done with my solo tour? Wait for you here in Korea? Go to Milan where you are? I really don’t want us to be apart.”

 

“Like I said, I might be back in August.”

 

“My solo tour would end in June, which means I have 2 months before you are back here in Korea. IF you are back in August.”

 

“Oppa, are you not going to work on the next Big Bang album? You won’t be idle for too long.”

 

“You don’t get it, do you?”

 

“No, I don’t… What’s the problem here?”

 

“I want to be with you after my tour ends in June. I want to go to Milan and be with you.”

 

“Then come to Milan. Were you waiting for me to extend the invitation or express my wish to see you in Milan?”

 

“Yes! You make me feel like the clingy one in this relationship!”

 

Chaerin turned to face Jiyong and put her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. She looked like a koala bear clinging on to the eucalyptus tree. Jiyong had to restrain himself from grinning because it was a serious discussion.

 

“Is this clingy enough for you? Oppa, you know how I am, I’m not a clingy person. If you expect me to be like your ex-girlfriends and want your attention 24/7, you are going to be greatly disappointed.”

 

“But I want your attention 24/7! You are only here for 10 days and I’m at the last stage of preparation for my concert that we don’t really have time to just be a couple. Do you have to meet Jay tomorrow?”

 

“Oppa, it’s better for me to be done with the meeting with Jay oppa as early as I can so that I can fully focus on being by your side while you prepare for your concert.”

 

“Is tomorrow the only time you would be meeting Jay?”

 

“Not really. I have to pass him the designs, he has to look through it with his wardrobe team and get back to me if they need to make any changes. Then we would probably have to meet another day to refine the recording. I’d be home by 11pm.”

 

“Are we staying at your apartment or mine?”

 

“I’m staying at my apartment. I don’t know about you.”

 

“I’m staying where you are. So call me when you are home tomorrow, I’d come over.”

 

“Oppa, do you think that is a safe thing to do? What if there’s paparazzi or fans following you? I don’t want any scandal to take away what is important right now and to me, the most important thing is your solo concert tour.”

 

“Is the tour more important than how I feel?”

 

“Yes, because this is your moment. Why do you think I was hesitant about coming back just to be your guest at the concert?”

 

“Why do you think I’m so insistent on having you here then?”

 

Chaerin fell quiet. She knew why he was insistent on having her back in Korea - he just wanted her by his side when he embarked on the highlight of his career. But what he didn’t realize is that with her by his side at this moment might not be the best course of action. She tightened her hold on him and he did too.

 

“Oppa, I know you want me by your side but I’m so afraid that being by your side would ruin this for you.”

 

“Baby, you know that I have absolutely no problems with going public about our relationship. If that’s your biggest worry, let’s just announce it and get it over with. It would set my mind at ease too.”

 

“Do you seriously think this is the best time? Oppa, I’m going back…”

 

“I don’t want to hear that. Just stay by my side.”

 

“I’m here now.”

 

“I really hate myself for letting you go in the first place. I keep asking myself ‘what if I had asked you to stay then, would we still be apart’.”

 

“Everything happens for a reason. I never thought I would be able to walk away from you but I did. I definitely didn’t think that I would be your girlfriend after I walked away from you. But during the time we were apart, we learnt that we couldn’t do without each other. That, to me, is more than enough. I’m never letting you go, Kwon Jiyong-ssi. You are stuck with me for the rest of your life!”

 

“When does this ‘rest of your life’ start? Can it start now?”

 

“It started the day we met, at least for me.”

 

“You know exactly what to say to put my heart at ease.”

 

After giving Jiyong a tight hug and a kiss on the lips, Chaerin released him and got up. Seeing his questioning look, she smiled.

 

“Oppa, I really need to finish the sketches otherwise I won’t be able to focus on you when I’m with you tomorrow.”

 

“Come sit here and do your sketches then.”

 

“No, I would disturb your sleep. I can see your eyes drooping. Go to bed, oppa.”

 

“Come lie down with me then.”

 

Chaerin raised her eyebrows at Jiyong and shook her head.

 

“Come tuck me in then.”

 

“Oppa, what are you? 5 years old? Do you want me to read you a bedtime story?”

 

“You can sing me a lullaby.”

 

“I’m going outside to do my sketches.”

 

“YA! LEE CHAERIN!!!”

 

“Don’t shout, oppa! Your parents are down the hallway!”

 

“Chaerin ah…”

 

“Fine… Only till you fall asleep.”

 

Jiyong started making space on the bed for Chaerin. But Chaerin had gotten comfortable at the desk and started on her sketches.

 

“I thought you said till I fall asleep? Why are you sitting over there?”

 

“I said ‘till you fall asleep’, meaning I’d stay in this room till you fall asleep. If I get on that bed, how can I go anywhere after you fall asleep? You are one of the lightest sleeper I know.”

 

“You are driving me crazy!!”

 

Chaerin turned, gave him a cheeky smile and winked at him.

 

“I know~”

 

“Argh!!”

 

Jiyong turned away from her and buried himself under the comforter. While he can understand why Chaerin was staying away, he didn’t have to like it one bit. He turned back to her.

 

“I HATE YOU!!”

 

That only made Chaerin laugh but she knew that if she were to pay any attention to his silly antics, he’s going to be awake for a long time. So, she ignored him and focused on her work. Most of the sketches were already done. She just had one more to complete. She was so focused in her work that she didn’t realize that Jiyong got out of bed and exited the room.

 

10 minutes later, Jiyong re-entered the room with 2 cups of hot chocolate. He walked up to the coffee table to put down his own cup then he walked to the desk. Chaerin was still immersed in her work and didn’t hear him. He put down the cup of chocolate quietly so it won’t startle her and just watched her work.

 

“Chaerin ah…”

 

Chaerin gasped because she didn’t expect to hear his voice. When she turned to the side to see him smiling at her, she smiled too.

 

“Have some hot chocolate. I’m just going to sit over at the couch and do my work. We will go to bed together alright?”

 

“Alright, I’m almost done. Thanks, oppa, for the hot chocolate.”

 

After kissing her forehead, he walked to the couch and took out his laptop to work on the music for the concert. So, the two of them worked in silence. When it was past 2 in the morning, Jiyong looked up to see that Chaerin had fallen asleep at the desk. He switched off his laptop and walked over to the desk. He squatted beside the chair and admire the sleeping beauty.

 

She’s mine.

 

At that thought, he smiled and surprisingly tears gathered in his eyes. He reached out to touch Chaerin’s face softly.

 

“Chaerin… Baby… Thank you.”

 

Hearing Jiyong’s voice, Chaerin’s eyes fluttered open. When she saw his face, she smiled.

 

“Jiyong oppa… Now you are appearing in my dreams too…”

 

With that, he carried Chaerin and walked over to the bed. He laid her down carefully so that she would not wake up. But just as he was about to move away from her, she opened her eyes again sleepily and let out a cute laugh.

 

“It’s Jiyong oppa~ Oppa, annyeong~”

 

Then she closed her eyes then went back to sleep. Jiyong shook his head at how cute that was. He switched off the lights in the room, leaving just the light on the desk on and climbed into bed with Chaerin. The moment he laid down, as if led by some kind of instincts in her, Chaerin turned and put her hand around Jiyong. Jiyong smiled and gathered her close.

 

This is Bliss.