Nightmare of an Anniversary

Nightmare of an Anniversary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The lock at the door beeped and sprung open, with a slight kick to it, it swung to give free entrance for the hurrying young man, carrying two grocery bags. With a sigh and some bulging biceps the bags were hived on the kitchen counter, ready to be emptied and stored away into the fridge and cupboards of the modern kitchen.

Jaejoong hummed as he filled the fridge and pondered about the dish he would cook for dinner this evening. He had invited his best friends to celebrate this special day, but of course they had no idea what special day it was. He smiled at the memory and the constant pictures that flooded his brain as he remembered that day three years ago. That day his life turned from a boring every day routine with stressful overworking, to a perfect love story. That day he fell in love at first sight and only fell deeper every day since.

 

With a look at the clock on the wall he groaned and rummaged through the cupboards to get started with his dinner preparations. Before he could wash his veggies his phone started to ring the specified tone for his best friend. With an eyeroll he answered the call.

 

„I swear to god, if you’re gonna ask me about the time you’re supposed to get your scrawny here today…AGAIN, then I’ll all but castrate you and feed it to Changmin as Ragout-fin.“ Jaejoong all but huffed into the phone and only got treated with a scoff and a snort.

 

„Aw come on, Jae! I am not always late and I know we are bound to come at 7PM, so calm your , man. I only called to ask if you want Merlot or Chardonnay…I know you always forget to buy the wine.“ Jaejoong could hear the smirk that graced Yoochun’s lips and turned to look into the fridge, only to stop in his tracks.

 

„Yoochun…there will be no wine today-„

 

„What?! Yah! Kim Jaejoong…What happened to you? I- Wait then it’s beer today? Should’ve said that at the beginning.“ Jaejoong rolled his eyes again as he turned to the kitchen counter where the veggies laid and pulled out a knife from the block. Pressing the phone between his shoulder and ear as he started to chop the carrots into stripes.

 

„No Yoochun. I mean it, no alcohol today. I have something important to tell you all and I don’t want you to be drunk and forget it the next day. So no alcohol today, sorry.“ With a last slice the sliced carrots were set aside to make place for the zucchini.

 

„Hyuuung~ Why? I have still a meeting to survive and I need a beer to come down from this hell of a week.“

 

„No Chunnie. For once you have to find another way to ‚come down‘. Maybe take it out on Changmin after you’re back home from dinner, huh?“

 

„Uh? Why didn’t I get that idea myself. Ok, call. But Jae…?“ Jaejoong already knew what his erted best friend would ask him with this whiny voice of his, that was laced with a grin. With another eyeroll he sighed and put the knife down as the zucchini slices met the carrots. He swore his eyes would get stuck in the back of his skull, one of these days.

 

„Sheesh Yoochun. Someone could think you would get your own Toys. You know where they are. Just bring them back on Sunday and please, please clean them before you return them.“

 

„That’s my Hyung! And you know I would buy Changmin his own but he is an uptight on the outside. He would never admit that he likes it that much. And I think he gets off with the knowledge that the toys were already used by you and Yunho.“

 

„Ok too much information there. Just be on time for once and don’t forget to pick up Junsu and Junho. You promised them.“

 

 

 

⟢—⟪⟡⟫—⟣

 

 

 

The preparations for dinner were finished and Jaejoong only had to put the meat into the oven and he could finally take a shower and change clothes. With a last satisfied smile around the kitchen and apartment he went to the bathroom and took his shower, not hearing the door to the apartment open as the handsome, tall man walked in with a suitcase in hand.

 

Yunho walked by the kitchen and flinched as he saw the dinner in the oven. Sighing he made his way to the bedroom and put his light suitcase down on the bed. He heard the pleasant voice of his boyfriend reverberate in the shower of their bathroom and he knew he had enough time to prepare his things, before Jaejoong was finished with his bathroom routine. With a last look to the bathroom door he opened the suitcase and walked into the walk-in closet.

 

Meanwhile Jaejoong was busy with grooming himself as he washed his hair with the vanilla strawberry shampoo that he knew Yunho loved to smell on him. Humming the newest song of his favorite Band Super Junior, he walked out of the shower and eyed himself in the big mirror over the sink. His smile grew as he let his hands wander over his hairless body and his thoughts started to wander to after the dinner when he would have Yunho all for himself. It was almost three weeks since they last had because they both were so busy with work. They just came home stressed and tired to the bones these days, falling into bed to sleep for three or four hours only to get up again to start a new day of more work. At least that’s what Jaejoong thought.

 

With a last glance at his reflection in the mirror he grabbed his bathrobe and a towel. Exiting the bathroom with the towel on his head and the bathrobe hugging his lean body, he stopped in his drags as he spotted Yunho standing beside the bed closing a suitcase and lifting it off the bed. Yunho turned around and looked Jaejoong straight in the eyes. At that moment he knew something was off.

 

 

 

⟢—⟪⟡⟫—⟣

 

 

 

Yoochun speed walked out of the meeting and rushed down the hall, all the while dialing the number of his boyfriend. His secretary met him at the elevator to hand him his jacket and briefcase, with a short nod he vanished behind the doors of the elevator as Changmin finally answered the phone.

 

„God! Finally-“

 

„Shut up Yoochun. Don’t pull the ‚Finally‘ on me, you are the one who is late again. Junsu and Junho are already here so we don’t need to pick them up. So get your scrawny home and get us. I am hungry and Jaejoong-hyung is making roast beef for dinner.“ With a bright smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter