Jongin: Present

Wolves and Thieves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin scanned the bar and took another drink. He was obviously more than less approving of my choice to return to SM-T. I could tell by the way he was suddenly drinking shot after shot he was nervous. I turn to him for a moment and study his face. As he swallowed his fifth shot and looked at the bar’s entrance for the ninth time I knew exactly what he’s doing. He’s hoping that if someone from my past comes into this bar and notices me or I notice him, Taemin will be drunk enough to either forget the night, the person, or how to breathe. “Taemin. Slow down. You’re gonna kill yourself drinking like that.”

 

“Oh shut up, you drink more than me.”

 

“True, but I’ve got a far higher liquor tolerance than you. You’re going to pass out soon.”

 

“If only.” he mumbles.

 

Suspicions confirmed. I think. Just then the sound a girl screaming fills the air, and cuts the noise to silence. I quickly turn around to see a man standing over a young girl. “Hey-” another man shouts.

 

“Mind your own damn business!” yells the man standing over the woman.

 

Before anyone can do anything his pulls out a gun and waves it around. “Micah please…” the woman begs, tears falling from her eyes.

 

“Shut up !” the man-Micah-snarls. “Everyone get back in your seats, sit quietly and let me handle my business.” he says. “And no one will get hurt.”

 

With that Micah and four, no, five other men follow him outside, as he drags the girl by her long dark hair. I quickly stand up, but before I can go anywhere Taemin grabs my forearm and holds me back. “What are you doing? She needs help.” I say.

 

“You’re gonna get yourself killed.”

 

“I can handle myself Taemin.”

 

Taemin squeezes my forearm and suddenly stutters. “Hey man are you flexing? Cause you know, you have excellent forearm muscles. Seriously how…” he slurs. “How do I get forearms like that? I mean-”

 

Before he can say another word I pull away from him. “Hey, where you going?” he calls.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter