Plan B

Taking Care of the Chois
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the waiting room of the hospital, Min Soo and Hana sat waiting for news on their grandson. Min Seo came out half an hour ago and gave them the news that they have ruled out a concussion. They are just waiting for Seunghyun to wake up so they give him a final check. If all goes well, they can leave soon.

Hana has been sitting alone on the uncomfortable plastic chair for about 15 mins. Min Soo has excused himself after receiving a message from Chan Soo. She wanted to lecture him that they were on vacation but Min Soo said that this was important and he did not want to disturb their grandsons. 

Her phone starts to vibrate. She answers the call from John. She squealed finding out about the pool incident with Jin Hyuk and Seo Yeon. She smiled learning how distracted Siwon was seeing Ha Eun at the lobby. And she sighed with happiness learning that Jin Hyuk was meeting Seo Yeon at the cafe. 

Looks like my plan is working. With Min Seo taking care of Seunghyun and Jin Hyuk finding out about Jin Ki, she only had to worry about Siwon. Maybe she should rethink her plans for that boy. She was in the middle of her thoughts when her husband comes back with a smile on his face. 

"I just spoke to Dr. Jones. Seunghyun has woken up and they decided to discharge him. We just need to look out for him, and bring him back if he falls ill. He is just resting with Min Seo at the moment. We can go home when Siwon arrives.

Hana smiled. But it faltered, when she saw Min Seo rushing towards them. 

"Is something wrong, Dear? Is it Seunghyun?"

"No, Ma'am. Your grandson is just sleeping. You can wake him up when you are ready to go. I just need to excuse myself. I just got a call from the hospital in Seoul. They need me to start in a few days. I need to arrange things with my sisters. I hope you understand. Thank you."

She bid them goodbye, obviously in a hurry. Hana could not stop her. Wait! How about Seunghyun?

 

Ha Eun was pushing a cart with Jin Ki when her phone rings. It was Dara. Why would she call?

"Ha Eun! I have good and great news for you!"

"Hahaha. It must be really good to warrant an overseas call from you. You do know that this is costing me a lot, right?"

"You can afford it now! I'm sure of it! So what do you want to know first...the good or the great news?"

"Either one."

"Ms. Park just quit! She is moving to Japan. Now they are promoting you! They know you are on leave but they requested that you be here in 2 days to resume work as Ms. Park's replacement!"

Ha Eun has open, gaping at the news. OMG! I just got promoted!

"Okay. I have to go. I need to tell my sisters. I will talk to you once I have confirmed my return flight."

 

Jin Hyuk was nervous. It felt like he was back to 7 years ago waiting for the same woman on their first date. It took him almost the whole of senior year in college mustering enough courage to ask her out. She was the prettiest girl in their university. A lot of guys has asked her out but she turned them all down. Jin Hyuk was discouraged.

But one day, they were both caught in a rainshower in the middle of a walkway. Ever the boyscout, Jin Hyuk had an umbrella with him. He approached her and they shared the umbrella. They walked to a cafe to wait it out and to dry themselves. They clicked and became fast friends. Jin Hyuk would seek her during free periods. They would hang out either at the library or at one of the cafes near their campus. However, Jin Hyuk still hesitated on asking her out, fearing that she will reject him and he will lose her friendship. After much push from his cousins that he might lose Seo Yeon Noona to another man, Jin Hyuk asked her out on a formal date. He was nervous of confessing to her and being rejected. But he was surprised to find out that she reciprocated his feelings. And as they say, the rest was history.

He got distracted from his musings when that same woman, now older and more beautiful, walked up to his table. She was nervous, too, that Jin Hyuk can tell. She was playing with the hem of her green blouse. He stood up to welcome her and pulled out a chair for her. 

"Do you want anything? Coffee?", Jin Hyuk inquired. She nodded. 

He signals the waiter. "A black coffee and for the lady, white chocolate mocha."

Seo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter