Twist 3

In Another World

I’ve decided to make this a bit educational HAHA I’ll be placing Korean words here so that you’ll know the terms that are used in the chapter. If this goes really well, maybe I’ll introduce even some famous Korean phrases :)

 

Since seniority is important in Korea, I have to introduce these words to you!
후배 Hoobae (read as who-be, as in the be in ben) – underclassman, someone who is a year or several years lower than you
선배 Sunbae (read as sun-be, sun as in the biggest star and be as in the be in ben) – upperclassman, someone who is a year or several years higher than you
 


 

Twist 3

 

After Jiwon explained to her previous teacher on why she was not able to attend the class, she went to the cafeteria. Her classmates from that class asked her why she didn’t attend it and ask if she was okay. As expected, Jiwon continued her act of being a calm and kind girl, which made her classmates even more protective of her.

 

Contrary to Jiwon’s belief that she is just a normal school girl, nope – girl who pretends to be a normal, bubbly one – she’s actually adored by many. Though she isn’t considered a queenka or praised like a goddess, she is doted by her sunbaes and thought highly of her hoobaes, regardless of their gender. Jiwon is also much-loved by the faculty of the school, even if she’s only been there for a year and a half, she always attends her class, does well on her studies, and respects the teachers well.

 

On the first look Jiwon can be mistaken as a normal school girl, however, unlike normal school girls who have insecurities and problems, she seems to be perfect in every sense. If you ask the school’s people if they have ever heard Jiwon raise her voice and get mad at someone or even release her stress and cry, then you’ll probably never get an immediate “yes” as an answer. That makes her seem even more superficial, right?

 

But people never noticed that the way she acts isn’t normal, they never asked about her life, the only assumed things about her. One might even envy Jiwon and think that she lives a perfect life, with a rich, kind, and tight-knitted family. But those things aren’t true. It would never be true for her.

 

Jiwon decides to go to the gym after saying to her classmates that she doesn’t have an appetite. There are only few times when Jiwon can drop her act, first when she's at her dorm - since she doesn't have a roommate, when she's alone, or when she's in the gym's storage room. She finds peace in the not-so-conventional area. There, she chooses to sleep after the tiring happenings of the day. Normally, Jiwon would just plaster a smile on her face throughout the whole day without actually conversing with other people. She tries to end every exchange as soon as possible. Her naturally withdrawn personality is overshadowed by the friendly smiles that she shows others and that is her secret to a seemingly bubbly character.

 

Like other introverts, chatting with individuals is a very taxing thing for Jiwon. Today, however, she is kind of intrigued by the transferees, making her a tad bit more talkative, in addition to the judgmental remarks in her head. And that is possibly the reason why she’s mentally drained in the middle of the day.

 

"Sleeping so defenselessly in a not very private place. Aren't you a bit naive?" The guy says as she crouch down to Jiwon who is sleeping on one of the rubber mats. He looks closer at her face then stands up to get a basketball. He takes one last look at Jiwon before closing the storage room's door. 

 

Jiwon wakes up to the sound of cheers, running shoes, and a basketball. She infers that a class commencing their physical education period. While trying to guess which class is playing, she stretches her body and tries to wake herself up. 

 

"I've been asleep for this long?!" Jiwon shouts when she sees the time. It's already dismissal time, meaning she slept for 5 whole hours. "What the hell's wrong with me? 3 hours of sleep is already a blessing and now I slept for 5 freaking hours?!" She stands there kinda surprised about what happened.

 

Jiwon hears a really loud gasp from the crowd. Still astonished, she opened the storage room's door to see what the commotion is about. There she sees the third years, specifically Lay and his other friends playing against the eye-catching transferees. She notices the students pointing at the corner of the court. Jiwon sees Lay dribbling the ball carefully. The commotion probably is about the fact that Lay is being pressed by a mint-haired unknown guy. The scoreboard catches her eyes. Jiwon also gasps and that made the people around her look at her. Seeing that the team against Lay's team is ahead by 3 shots suprises her.

 

"What the hell?" Jiwon says. She notices what she said and starts to scan the area to see if anyone heard her this time. She stands at the courtside amongst the school's photojournalist and sportswriter who seem to be quite engrossed with the unofficial match that is going on. "Why is sunbae having a hard time? Is that guy really that good?" She whispers to herself in an annoyed tone. Yes, Jiwon is full of judgments about anything that happens around her but at the same time, she acknowledges talent that she witnesses herself.

 

The whole gym falls silent and only the sound of dribbling can be heard after the green-haired transferee steals the ball from Lay. "Suga hyung!" The red-haired one shouts while extending his arms. Suga passes the ball and immediately runs to their side of the court. Lay was stunned for a bit before also running after the ball and quickly steals the ball from the red one. "Aish Jimin! What are you doing?! I told you to pass it quickly!" Suga fumes as he runs back to get the ball. Lay shoots the ball with a layup and the crowd cheers, somehow forgetting the incident that happened only a few moments ago.

 

Jiwon doesn't know what to feel about the situation. A part of her wants to cheer for her Lay sunbae, a part of her wants to laugh at the antics of the other team, another part of her wants to clap her hands for the Suga, who stole the ball from the basketball team captain, and a part of her just wants to go home. But, surely, that part of her who wanted to stay and watch the match 'til the end prevailed in the inner conflict that she had.

 

 


Writing this is so funny and fun for me. I don't know why but I crackled up when I remembered that Suga's the only decent/good enough basketball player in BTS (well, V is a bit decent in my opinion but I figured that it would be more fun to give the ball to Jimin ㅋㅋㅋ)  Imagine the frustration of Suga HAHAHA anyway, did you get to know Jiwon better? Place your questions about her and I'll find a way to answer your questions through the story hehe.
And oh! Who do you think is the guy from earlier? Comment your ideas! <3