2 :) (We Found Her)

Beauty and the Bad Boys

A/N: I dedicate this chapter @ exo_krystal for being the first subscriber to my story. This one's for you hun~ I really do hope you enjoy this chapter because I will pour my everything into this. Hopefully it's all worth it :) And yes I will start mentioning subscribers each time I do a chapter because you guys are the best :)) 

xoxo~

 

 

Chapter 2: I Tell Myself There's No Such Thing as a Perfect World

 

 

Chae Ah

 

 

Close. Open. Open. Close. Okay now pick up your glasses. Wear them. Oh they don't look bad. It's those types of glasses that are huge and sort of thick lenses. Dad got the Ray Bans ones and pretty much think that I blinded myself from too much pondering over books. Well I can't help it... Maze Runner, Harry Potter and other YA books make my life seem more enjoyable.

I can't help that guys that I've been looking for who are goals are from those types of books. I mean seriously, I'd give ANYTHING for Dylan O'Brien and Thomas Brodie-Sangster. I mean my God please let me have them. But yeah, my mum thinks I've forgotten what real world is. Not that she ever complained. She loved me being myself and was even prouder of the fact I don't have social media unlike every other teenage girls out there in the world. I don't really care. 

I don't have friends :( 

 kIt's been a few months since I moved from London. Transitioning to a place where KPOP resides, the oh so amazing Korean actors and actresses, and the sceneries of that pure Asian culture. Mum was proud to be a Korean. Dad's more of a great advocate of his own country England. So yes that makes me half Korean and half British, with more of the latter features than the former. Also because I was born in London, I knew more English than Korean.

Chae Ah is the Korean name my mum gave me. Wendy is the English name, from Peter Pan. Dad loved that story so much and he used to tell me that story every night when I was a little girl.  Despite my dad being 6'5 (crazy right), I inherited my mum's height who's 5'5. Thank God for not making me a giant. It had been such an experience having to tower over boys when I was in elementary. 

I smiled at the girl in front of me. This new fresh face. This girl with a light brown complexion that matched with my long wavy hair, complimenting with the glacier blue pair of eyes, and a slightly slim body that matched perfectly well with the school uniform of Hwan Son Prep down overlooking Gangnam. Even though my dad INSISTED on buying me Louis Vuitton black heels, I begged for him to just buy me regular sneakers. So instead, he bought me Dolce and Gabbana light pink sneakers. 

I guess being the CEO of one of the most richest and successful standing enterprise he built from scratch back in London does have its perks. Mum, believe it or not, had her parents so enthusiastic about the fact she was married to a wealthy man. Dad told me how she didn't want to be with him in the first place because she lived believing that stereotypical fact guys like him only played around with girls.

Ah well what do you know... Dad's different. 

I took a deep breath as the girl smiled back at me. Okay. First day. First day. Time to make it shine. And remember.. Don't make a scene of yourself. 

"Chae Ah, fighting!" I smiled brightly and grabbed my light pink Jansport filled with all the new stuff that mom had bought for me. I guess?

I hurriedly made my way downstairs, feeling ever so excited. I love school. Not because I keep on Acing the tests and don't even put an effort into studying. I guess it's the only place where I can get out of the house once in a while with purpose. 

Dad beamed at the sight of my excited self. He could tell at how I was radiating with such happiness because I was humming to Rise by Katy Perry. I love that song so much! It's gonna take me a while to listen to KPOP but I'll get there someday. Mum hates it. Don't know why. Guess I'll never know. 

Dad's wearing his usual business suit that fit him ever so perfectly. For a 36 year old, he sure was fit as heck. He had defined muscles every time he would wear tight blue shirts and basketball shorts. And yes I've seen him shirtless as well. In truth, when I was a little girl, I mentioned how his muscles scared me because they would go bigger every time he would flex. He just laughed his off. Okay so what if they do? 

But now I don't have a problem with it. When him and my mom gave me the talk while I was with James, I had so many questions. It was pretty weird I guess because my parents never thought I'd be so so innocent even though I read a lot. Well I don't know I think it was because I never thought it would happen to me one day. I mean now that I've moved on and everything, what ever are the chances of love? I might as well marry my books. 

Mum smiled brightly as she saw me while she placed the tray of Korean food in front of me. God I love her cooking. I can't cook for crap believe me. I burnt a waffle once. I didn't even know it was possible and I used a toaster for that. Damn. 

"So, I'm guessing our little girl can't wait for her first day as a senior?" I blinked at her question and shrugged, still keeping my lips upside down. 

"Oh honey she is. Of course! Pretty sure she got her excitement and enthusiasm for education from me." Dad said proudly sitting up while he looked over his papers for the day. I rolled my eyes. 

"Excuse me mister, you and I were ranked top back in Cambridge okay? And if it weren't for me, you wouldn't even be on the top. You always grumbled on and on about school even your mates told me everything." I laughed at mom's saltiness. Dad cleared his throat and even noticed redness on his cheeks. That's true... Mum was more enthusiastic about school than he was.

"O-Okay but that was because you came into my life s-so..." Dad mumbled as he picked up his pen and started signing the rest of the papers. Mum rolled her eyes and looked at me.

"Sweetheart, look I have no problem of you getting a boy at this age. I'm not gonnna be strict like my parents but I just want you to know that everything will be fine-"

"Mom!" Dad and I yelled at the same time. Mum laughed at our unison because we had that habit whenever he and I would agree on one thing. 

"Mum I appreciate you being okay with me with guys and stuff but umm-"

"M-Maybe when she's a little more grown up-"

"Stop it both of you! Honey, she's sixteen... Turning 17 in a few days! I consider that independence sweet. And plus she's going to be inheriting the company one day. Let her have her fun. And Chae Ah, just be yourself. You are awesome. But just saying, use protection-"

I stiffened and tried to suppress a laughter as my dad looked like he was gonna have a heart attack. I love my mum. She's not that typical strict Asian mum but I love her either way. She never got mad at me. Nor has my dad ever. I'm the good girl. The good girl. 

"Alright mum gotta zayn. I'll see you later!" I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and gave my dad a big bear hug. He chuckled and kissed the top of my head. 

"Love you baby. Go ahead now. Mr. Jung is waiting for you outside." I smiled and rushed outside. I wonder what kind of school Son Hwan is exactly. 

I never bothered on researching it. I was, I guess.. I was preoccupied with books.

_ _ _ _ _ _ 

The ride was longer than I expected it to be. But I didn't mind it at all. Looking outside, I could tell that the weather was indeed very much different than back at home. The sun shone brighter and there were a few hanging clouds up at the blue sea of a sky. Thank goodness I don't have to worry much about sunburn. From left and right, buildings endless of them surrounded us. I thought I saw a sea for a while as I was looking outside. 

And I noticed that the seating is different for the driver. I was so used to seeing people drive their cars sitting on the right side but now it's on the left. Unusual something I'm gonna get used to if I want to get my driver's permit here. The atmosphere is also different. I guess it's livelier than where I was born. I still miss London. I miss it. But I don't miss James. At least I don't have to see him around with that girl. 

Even though I'm trying to move on, news of James' company in joint now with Christina's still was on the internet. Dad hated him. Mum probably would've had his baby maker cut off but I told the both of them I was fine. Lingering in the past is not my type of thing. When I was with James, everything seemed perfect. He made me happy endlessly and was thoughtful, patient, a good man. A fine man. 

But ever since that night, I told myself that there's no such thing as a perfect world. He's gone. I'm gone. End of story. I'm here now in Seoul, he's there in London. Everything should be fine... 

"Miss? We're here." Mr. Jung cleared his throat as the limo came to a stop in front of the school building that looked more like a company than an actual school. I don't know if it was because it's Seoul or what but it was definitely different. My previous school was with bricks and a huge entrance gate. But this once belonged to a utopia or something. It was a building that stood I'm guessing around 30-40 floors and had the school's name built on a side that could pretty much catch anyone's attention off of the highway. 

Think Fifty Shades of Grey. Christian's buliding is almost the same as this school. Now I don't know who in the right mind decided to build it like this but what I do know is that my parents are one of the most respected donors to this school. So obviously the bulb lights up as to how the principal is using the money. Hopefully the academics are all worth it. Now obviously, the principal let me in because of my parents so free of charge. Or so I heard from dad. But that doesn't really mean I'm gonna slack off. 

I'm here to learn not drool over how this school has a better structure. 

"Thanks, Mr. Jung. Please pick me up after school ends." I smiled and bid him good bye. He's nice. I like him :)

Okay first day check. 
Schedule check.

What do I have? Class 1 on floor 20. Oh what a coincidence that's actually the last floor of the building. Must've exaggerated on how many floors this building must have. Locker? Check. 

"Chae Ah right?" A girl in a ponytail approached me with a huge grin on her face. She was definitely Korean but she looked like she came out of a poster or something because she's very beautiful. 

"Y-Yes...?" I stuttered. I never expected I would draw attention just from walking in my classroom. Everyone else seemed occupied with their things though. No one bothered to look up or paid attention. Thank God it's only this girl. Well she's energetic as heck like me this morning. Well still am but I tend not to show it as much. I did say not to throw attention all over myself.

"Wow, so you're the new girl... Well, I'm Kim Soo and welcome to Hwan Son Prep. The uh.. The principal has assigned me to show you around the school. But seriously though she's just doing that because I need to be more socialized and stuff." She mumbled the last part, probably because she didn't want anyone to know about it. Wow, principal... What got a broomstick up her ...

"Don't worry. I really appreciate this. But umm, I try not to draw any attention to myself so it was kinda unexpected of you to drop by and even-" Kim Soo laughed at my phrase, waving her hand frantically to shoo the rest away.

"No no don't even worry about it. Yeah I do know some stuff about you but don't worry. I doubt anyone will notice your existence if you don't say anything. But I don't mean that the bad way though. I was like that too. But anyways, come sit next to me. Saem will come in in a few minutes and he will call you up to the front and introduce yourself, all that good stuff, and then just go on ahead with the lesson." She smiled brightly and jumped slightly up and down, immediately grabbing me by the arm and dragging me to a seat by the window.

"So this is your seat for the rest of the year. I hope it's all good. You get the good view of Gangnam and stuff. But yeah! So I'll be right back because I need to go on ahead really quick and meet up with someone. You can just make yourself comfortable and yeah! I'll see you in a few!" Kim Soo patted my desk before taking her leave out the class. I breathed a small sigh, wondering how ever I will catch up with her bubbly personality.

I bit my lip as I take a look around the class. There were only still a few students in class so nothing much of a big deal. I smiled as I took notice of a guy giving a girl a small flower, making me feel instantly jealous of that kind of relationship. He stretched out his hand to tuck in a loose strand behind her small ear, making her blush on both cheeks and look away shyly. Then he laughed softly and placed a curved finger below her chin and leaned forward to kiss her nose. 

I bit my lip again. James used to do that. 

I took a deep breath and shook my head out of the clouds, focusing on what's in front of me. I took out my notebook and my schedule for the beginning of the class. Here goes nothing I guess.

_ _ _ _ _ _

"Alright class. This is Chae Ah. Our new student. Please say hi." Saem smiled brightly as he held out his arm to gesture me to come forward and speak. There were a few mumbles and exchanged words. I didn't know if they were good or bad. Hopefully good. I am a sensitive person and I can cry immediately if I have to.

I cleared my throat as my footsteps approached the front and clenched my hands to fists to keep my breathing at a normal pace. This is a test. One day, I will inherit the company so obviously I will have to muster my courage. I turned towards the front with a small smile. A weak one. No not me. I'm not weak. Suddenly hundreds of pairs of eyes stared right back at me with anticipation, not really a care, and like Kim Soo, engagement. 

"I... My name is Chae Ah. I transferred from Yale High back in London-" I was interrupted by several murmurs of wonder about London. I guess none of them have ever been there. No surprises I guess.

"Be quiet! Let her continue." Saem huffed and threw a piece of chalk at a boy sitting in the back, which caused the class to erupt in laughter. Even him. He nervously smiled at me. He's a looker but doesn't seem to be my type. 

"Okay. Umm, anyways. Yes I am half British and half Korean. I speak both fluently since my mum made me speak Korean there. Dad's British-"

"Hey is it true that your dad's the CEO of Skylar Enterprises?" someone chirped from the back. Turns out it was a girl snobby looking, Barbie fake sort of girl that looked like her blonde hair had been dyed. She was clinging onto the previous boy's arm. See told you he's not my type. What a player. 

I forced a smile even though my teeth were grinding against each other. That information wasn't supposed to be shared since I didn't want anyone to know and hoard attention. Well, damn. . . 

"Y-Yes that's true. He is..." I mumbled and the girl gasped rather loudly I don't know if it was for real or what. But she sounded like she had a major case of nasal.

​"So IT IS true! You're the ex fiancee of James?" I swallowed down my pride. I was ready to answer her but Kim Soo in, thank God to save me.

"Anyways, what's your favorite music? Have you gotten recently into KPOP yet?" she asked with excitement. Other girls murmured with their eyes twinkling.

"I like to expand my tastes so I'm still getting used to it. But umm, I like Katy Perry." Kim Soo beamed and nodded rather forcedly but not in the bad way. She looked like she will have a lot to talk to me about. 

After a few more words and annoying sounds made by that fake Barbie girl in the back of the class with that looker, I finally returned to my seat, giving away a huge sigh. This was not what I planned for my first day. I so did not want any attention and now I felt as if I'm gonna have Barbie secretly stalking my every move just so she can have a chance to talk to me, Kim Soo is okay but she's awfully chatty from time to time.

Walking out the classroom to get some food down the cafeteria, Kim Soo caught up to me one more time. This time though, I didn't find her presence annoying. She helped me with notes pretty much most of the time since I didn't know what to write for the upcoming tests in the future. She even lent me her notebook just so I can copy. I'm not really the one to copy but if the occassion calls for it and she lent me it, then yeah I'd give it a go.

Now I feel like Ron Weasley and her Hermione. 

"Hey I guess you're gonna wonder where the cafeteria is. It's in the bottom. Ground floor as I should say. But be careful because it's usually crowded as heck!" She groaned as she shoved her hands in her skirt pockets. 

"Really? Why?" I asked out of curiosity and for the sake of continuing on a conversation. The least I can do since she saved my during my introduction and also helped me with notes. 

Kim Soo let out a deep sigh as she pressed on the down arrow button for the elevator. 

"Well because things happen down there. Good and I guess bad. You don't mind juveniles do you?" she asked placing a hand on her hip waiting for the elevator to come. Two seconds later and it went ding! The door separated letting the both of us enter. It was roomier than before or was it just me?

"I uh.. I don't know... I mean I've never had an encounter of them before back where I went. I went to a pretty strict and prestigious private school."

"Ah, I see. Well this IS a prestigious school. Just not that strict. It is private and very choosy. I had to actually take 2 entrance exams that were 3 hours long to get here. I failed like five times but yeah. Anyways, there are students here, like you, who got into this school because of connections." Kim Soo explained while leaning against the open window of the elevator that viewed Seoul. 

I further waited her explanation on this. So I wasn't the only one who got in here because of my parents? Kim Soo noticed my heightened curiosity and laughed.

"You really don't know a thing about this place? Mostly people would go researching on their new schools and stuff. But I guess I'll just have to explain it to you." Kim Soo smiled and started talking about the history of this school, the alumnis, etc. Then she reached the current news about  the delinquents.

"So, the juveniles of this school. Their parents are also huge advocates of this school like yours. They're... Umm.. Inseparable. Safe to say.. No one's really seen them by themselves." Kim Soo hesitated slightly on how to put this the nice way without scaring me away. I mean that's the natural way to go. But what got me thinking is why would my parents, who themselves are sort of overprotective in their own ways, send me to a school with delinquents? 

"And they don't usually show up to class. They do for lunch though. And basically every girl loves them. I know weird right? They are really good looking guys. And I hear that they took multiple martial arts because of their dads and moms for their brains. NO no they're not related by blood but they are like brothers. Guys don't dare to stand a single chance against them. And rumor has it that they've never stuck with a girl." Kim Soo casually added the last part as if it had something to do with me. That's nice to know I guess.

Being silent throughout this seemingly long trip down the ground floor made my heart race a bit. So basically I'm about to encounter these hooligans and now I won't have a chance of taking a first bite of the school's lunch. My God please at least let me have a cookie. But there's something about how she explained the school, especially these strangers that got me wanting to find out more. Weird I know, being curious about guys. But I don't know. It's just that feeling that's tugging me on the chest that's telling me to see for myself who they are.

Kim Soo did mention that they are quite dangerous. Further adding, she said that they got into fights most of the times and their families tried their hardest to suppress the tabloids. My God, even one of them killed a person! Now I don't know if that was by accident or what, but still... My brain, my common sense, is telling me not to even dig further into this subject. My heart, on the other hand, is telling me to go for it. 

Am I scared? I guess I am just a little. I've only read about bad boys in books. Those cliche ones with bad boys and good girls. I just laughed at the nonsense that the good girl protagonist will end up falling for the bad boys. Even though marriage is between one man and one girl, most of the stories I've read had multiple straight guys with one girl. It is a turn on I should say, yet now that I might have a 1/1000000 chance of experiencing this (call me selfish), my self conscious is telling me that once I walk down this path, there might not be going back...

Ding!

The elevator finally reached the ground floor. The doors opened, letting me go on ahead with Kim Soo following behind me. She assured me that everything should be fine. If not, she knows another place outside of school that will give us food for free. 

"You know, it's surprising how locals react to students of this school dropping by their eateries for food. They think we're all rich students with powerful known families so basically they give us food for free. Even though my parents are not donors of this school, my other families are quite powerful. I asked for a bowl of ice cream once and had my money ready but then ajhumma stopped me and gave me the ice cream for free." Kim Soo sighed with content at the thought of ice cream. I chuckled nervously as I shoved my hands down my jacket uniform.

The cafeteria was packed with students shouting and yelling for food. It was HIGHLY unorganized and mostly there was shoving and pushing wherever my eyes would roam. In truth that scared me. It really did. In London, my school would have these strict adults with sticks that would tell us to fall in line in separate genders to keep it all neat. As prejudiced as it sounded, girls would get their food first before the boys. I don't know why and I never really bothered to ask. Society's queer. 

"I want soup, ajhumma!"

"I want bread!!"

"Can I have some of the A set please?!"

"Ugh move!! A set please!! Jesus Christ hurry up!!" 

Shouting and yelling was definitely a month's worth of dish washing down at the kitchen back at my school. I'm surprise how much authority students are given here over the tirelessly working kitchen ladies whom I can't help but feel really bad for. When I reached my turn with Kim Soo behind me, a fifty something year old short woman with her hair up on a net with a smiling wrinkles that showed. She looked up to me with a tired look and asked what I wanted.

"I would like one B set please." I mumbled with a weak smile. She proceeded and gave me a silver tray. It had kimchi, tofu, soup, rice and grilled fish all on there neatly placed. I couldn't help but feel really thankful for this food that's been prepared by them. So when I receieved it, I went on ahead and handed her extra money.

"Please keep the change. You absolutely need it." I smiled brightly as I walk away with the tray, leaving the old woman with a tired grin. Little did I know though that that woman was something more that met the eye. 

"Hey I'm gonna go find us a seat okay?" I told Kim Soo, receiving a nod from her and a laugh as she ordered her set in front of the same woman. 

Clutching onto the both ends of the silver tray, I tried my best to squeeze through the flood of people that try to make their way the opposite direction just to get food. Apparently, as I heard from someone, that the sets run out pretty fast so they have to get their trays hurry or else they'll be stuck with packaged bread. Not that it's bad. I'd take both foods either way. What a bunch of complainers. 

Then suddenly there was a small hush in the crowd. It's like that moment in a movie when the camera is focused on the protagonist and everything else around that person seemed to have slowed down and muted. Yeah it felt like that. Except there's no camera, and everything was not in slow mo. There was a dramatic sound in the back of my head as the crowd was dispersed like the Red Sea. I followed the right side of the crowd and watched behind a tall figure who the people are the students're making way for.

It was a group of seven guys. They stood out despite wearing the same uniform as the school's. How? I think it would be their glaring expressions, the way their uniform jackets were not buttoned or they were only wearing the white long sleeves shirt with buttons going only midway. Or perhaps some of the guys' unusual hair colors. 

"What are you guys looking at?! Make way you ers," the first guy called out. He had slightly light colored hair I think it was a shade of green. But it suited him very well. All of them had rather light complexions and such words made them stand out even more. Are these perhaps the delinquents?

One guy shoved another who was carrying a tray, causing him to fall. He seemed like the youngest out of all with a slightly parted black hair. But then again what do I know? Perhaps most of them have ages that made them look slightly older than the numbers. 

"I said to move." His menacing words echoed through the hushed crowd. There were several girls in the background taking pictures of them, causing me to roll my eyes. My gaze dropped at the poor guy whom the man shoved. He was trying to save his humiliation by picking up the scraps. My heart ached at the sight. Who knew that these guys are more than how Kim Soo described them to be. And what was worse was that no one bothered to help him. 

I swallowed my nervousness and made the decision to go up to the guy despite them taunting other students. I didn't care whether I was the only one who helped. I didn't care whether the crowd was still parted. The poor guy needed help and help I will give. Bending down to one knee carefully not to have my white knee high socks make contact with the spilled soup, I picked up his bowl and the metal chopsticks. I could notice from the corner of my eye the quivering man watching me with amazement. Probably because I was the only one who had the nerve to get out of the crowd and actually help him up. 

Was it amazement or fear I will never be sure of. But on the other corner of my eye, I could feel 14 pairs of eyes looking down at me in disbelief and confusion. One guy with light pink hair bent down in front of me, tilting his head as if he were examining a newly found species. Curiosity built up for the two of us. I, with my eyes still focused on picking things up, and wanting for me to look at him, and then the guy seemingly wanting to take a better look at who I was.

"Yah, what are you doing?" His deep voice asked. Such a baritone caused me to look up to meet his light blue ones. Contacts perhaps but still I was mesmerized by his beauty. He lifted a small smile with the corner of his lips and looked up to the rest of the crew. The other student with short white hair with short bangs hanging bit his lip and snickered, placing his finger underneath his nose just slightly above the upper lip and rubbed it. The others watched me, looked at me deeply. Had they not seen a girl before?

But before I could speak up, the boy with the other white hair but slightly longer than the other guy's flashed his almost one million dollar smile. He looked rather feminine but my God he oozed charisma like the rest. 

"We found her."

_ _ _ _ _ _

Hi! My God I finally finished this chapter. Honestly, I wanted to get to the part where she meets the guys. Literally every word I typed I just wanted her to meet them so badly. Anyways, I hope this was worth the wait. Vote, comment, and subscribe :) 

Love you mwah mwah!

xoxo

PS: yes I'm basing this off of Fire so if I get any of the hair colors wrong, comment it LOL I pay attention mostly to singing the lyrics :') 

PPS: I might update another chapter but it depends since I'm still getting other stuff done :'')