1 :) (Flashback with Chae Ah)

Beauty and the Bad Boys

Chae Ah

 

 

"It's not you, it's me." The dark haired, masculine tux person sat straight up while fondling with the simplistic structure of his wine glass with his finger. As he traced the mouthpiece of the glass, the tune began to take over Chae Ah's ears. It was almost as if it was a hymn. It could've been a hymn. But now it was just a dull tune.

"Why? Wh-What happened? I-I thought we had our futures set already. Your parents with mine. Everything!" Chae Ah frantically ranted, her voice rising in tone after each word. After all, this man DID promise her their future.

"I... I know that but, Chae Ah, we were middle schoolers. Already betrothed to one another just for the sake of our companies. And it was your parents that enforced this deal upon my parents. So don't play the victim here," James, who was the young man of his age of seventeen, sat across from her, his eyes desperately searching on how to end this conversation without him being the bad guy. 

After all, he was never the bad guy. Was he?

Chae Ah felt her breathing hitched. She couldn't believe it. These all had to be lies. No not the part where he said that it was her parents that convinced his parents to get them together. She did have a huge crush on him back then. And after the betrothing, it was as if everything fell into their proper places. She and James went on dates, he had told her he loved her, she loved him even more, they both had their intimate moments but never really went as far as for they were young.

Yet James promised her after making all this official, they would leave London and would go to visit her mum's favorite place in Seoul where she was born and possibly rent out their family villa. Then they would have . And then possibly create a new family together.

Now that's not possible. Chae Ah, there sitting across from him with her eyes ready to tear up and thrash everything around her, couldn't possibly imagine that future anymore. 

"I loved you." She managed to speak out with her voice slightly cracking and ready to sob immensely in front of him. No, she can't do that. Chae Ah never cries. She always smiled. She was always joyful. Everyone knew that. Even James. That's why it will never occur to James that she did not handle this situation well. He will never know how much this is killing her in the inside, crumpling her heart, disconnecting the strings, making her feel numb and lost.

"I'm sorry, Wendy. I really can't take this. I've found someone else. I'm sorry."

It was a suspicion at first. Chae Ah, or rather her English name is Wendy, had begun to notice that there were lesser dates, lesser intimacy, and hints of different perfumes all over his jacket whenever he would come home. James would never tell her where he would go, but Chae Ah didn't question any further. She wanted him to have his time as well. She wanted him to be happy.

She didn't care what he would smell like. She just loved him. That was all. And now she knew. It was true. He HAD been cheating on her. Chae Ah pondered on that suspicion for some time now, and even had her assisstant Miriam investigate on the subject.  And it was all true. 

"I love her, Chae Ah. So so much. Possibly..." (pause) "Possibly even more than you." He ended his statement. It was Christina Kingston, Chae Ah's father's rival company: Kingston. Chae Ah knew her through research after Miriam had given her a solid name on who he was with. Christina was the same age as James, a topping 5 foot 7 Victoria Secret model and heiress to the Kingston Enterprises solely in Es. She was not the smartest Chae Ah would say but she had brains. However, she had been known for quite a handful of scandals and is a . 

She would be the type of woman James would never go for. Chae Ah had so much respect for this man. James was her world. James was her everything. And now he was taken away by some with money: Daddy money. The thought just sickens her. The thought of James being inside of Christina. How they would mercilessly like rabbits on the bed, James groaning out her name while Christina moaned his. And just the THOUGHT of him planting his SEED into her fertile womb-

"I see." That was all she could say. Chae Ah had enough. She couldn't take this anymore. Out of all the days and nights to break it off with her, it had to be tonight. Chae Ah didn't even stop her tears anymore. What's the use anyways. They would come down eventually. James remained sitting in front of her, now with a different expression: guilt. He wore it. And damn how ashamed he had felt on that note. 

The young girl of sixteen bit her lip and cleared . She took out her wallet and placed down a few pounds on the table next to her plate. Chae Ah mustered a smile in the end as she got up from her seat. She saw James follow her stance, but raised a hand to stop him from doing so.

"Don't mind me. I will call a cabbie. I'll stop by your place and get my things. You won't have to worry about any of that anymore." Chae Ah tucked a loose wavy hair strand behind her ear. The pain was stabbing her straight down her throbbing heart. It was bruised, beaten, and killed. The only muscle that worked with her emotions was her brain. And flooded thoughts began to consume her, telling her to do what she does at best and known to everyone: smile.

James opened his mouth to offer his help, yet Chae Ah continued on. "I will leave the things you bought me. Perhaps it's sensible to give them to Christina. And don't worry. It would be as if I never existed in there. You won't have to see me again." She smiled at the person she loved the most with all her heart. She had given everything to him. Everything. Not once did she fight with him. Not once did she have a thought of leaving him because of her suspicions. Not once. 

"Wendy-" Chae Ah shook her head. The hearing of her name still being rolled off of his tongue oh so ever smoothly as if it were heaven, now turned sour and . She didn't like it, yet she ached for him to say her name again. Over and over again. Like how he would do it when she would disappear from his side in the early morning to cook something downstairs or how he would do it when he was asleep. Chae Ah couldn't take it anymore. It hurt so so much.

Instead of listing the memories they made together, Chae Ah swallowed down every last bit of the words that would form and mustered up her pride one last time before she falls.

"Happy 3 year anniversary, James."

 

_ _ _ _ _ _

 

A/N:

Oh wow.. Seriously? That's it? Hahaha not really. I already have second chapter going. I'll post it this week as well :) 

I'm sorry if this was MEH because I wanted to give you guys a small background of her life back in London. A few facts about her will be revealed on the next chapter and I will do it on her point of view. Kind of a "smooth" transition there. So yes, James is such a jerk. I hate his . 

But anyways, that's all for today. I'm sorry again if this was just a filler :( Okay! Now go share this story if you guys liked it, vote and comment!

Thank you again!! Byeeee~