One

Stuck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thump. Thump. Thump.

 

 

Everytime my heart beat there seemed to be an echo that thudded around the inner walls of my body. Every few seconds I hastily wiped my sweat filled hands on my jeans, and automatically my fingers flew towards my mouth, thanks to my nail biting habit.

 

 

Today would be the first day I was in this new school. You see, if everyone else was also new to this school with me I would not be as anxious as my current state. I had transferred to a boarding school in pursuit of a ‘greener grass on the other side’, or in other words, I was abiding to my father’s wishes. It really was strange how desperately he wanted me to switch from a public school to a boarding school, especially right before my senior year of high school.

 

 

My biggest concern currently was where the hell I was going to be eating breakfast today. I had just entered the cafeteria, and stood like a fool at the entrance, looking around desperately for an empty table.

 

 

The cafeteria seemed to be filled with students, all of whom seemed to be bursting with stories of their adventure filled summer. There were girls talking about their summer fling, or their new hair color, or even their latest plastic surgery they got done from a family friend. The guys talked excitedly of how they spent their glory days in the pc room, playing games for hours on end, and some of how they were able to convince their parents to buy them their very own car.

 

 

“Yoojung!”

 

 

Unbelieving that the voice calling my name was referring to myself, I doubtfully turned towards the direction the voice came from. A sigh of relief escaped from my lips unknowingly.

 

 

Bom, my roommate whom I had met the night before, stretched her hand out in a gesture to come join her table, her smiling face bright. I walked over, telling myself not to seem too excited that she was inviting me to the table she occupied with several of her friends, which I was.

 

 

“Yoojung! Come sit over here!” Bom extended her arm out, gesturing towards the vacant space next to her. I smiled, and sat down.

 

 

Bom leaned over and whispered in my ear,” You looked so lost”.

 

 

I shrugged my shoulders and smiled, embarrassed that someone had noticed. Glancing up from the table I was awkwardly staring at, I was met by the most clearest, brown eyes I had ever seen. Self-conscious of my own murky, brown eyes, I shifted my gaze quickly, hoping that the owner of those clear eyes did not notice my admiration.

 

 

Suddenly Bom clapped her hands and stood up. “Okay guys listen up. This is Yoojung, my new roommate. She transferred schools, so she’s the same age as us”.

There was a brief pause, in which I was positive everyone could hear my thudding heart, followed by a long whistle from one of the guys sitting next to the beautiful eyes.

 

 

“Hello, Yoojung! I’m Seunghyun, isn’t Bom such a dork?”

The other guys around him cracked up, giving him high fives and fist punching him as if he had completed the greatest achievement.

 

 

Bom raised a fist to his face. “Yah! Do you want to die?”

 

 

Rolling her eyes with exaggeration, Bom turned towards me. “That geek that just talked is Lee Seunghyun.” She pointed to another guy who was slightly smirking. “That dork over there is also named Seunghyun, but last name Choi. But we just call Lee Seunghyun ‘Hyun’ since he’s shorter in height, and therefore gets the shorter name”.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter