Chapter 2

Divorcement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Baekhyun cleansed his face swiftly, washing all the visible exhaustion off. He stared into the mirror above the sink, blinking dazedly. His mind was completely occupied with thoughts about yesterday’s offer, it was unusual and rare. Baekhyun leaned forward, holding onto the sink tightly. The offer came directly from the KBS Headquarters, Baekhyun was surprised at the discovery but couldn’t imagine his life turning out differently. There might be several advantages but disadvantages were also in the picture, the married couple would be busier than ever and Baekhyun wasn’t certain if this was needed. Movement was heard from  the bedroom, Baekhyun recovered quickly as he made his way towards the door. Before he could grip the door handle and push it open Chanyeol opened it, wondering if his tiny husband was in the bathroom.

 

“You’re up already? It’s early, go to bed.” Baekhyun scolded his husband, waving his hand in the direction of their untidy bed. Chanyeol scoffed playfully, before grabbing Baekhyun’s arm as he tried to pass him.

 

“When will you finish today?” Chanyeol whispered in Baekhyun’s ear as his lips brushed Baekhyun’s jawline teasingly, cornering Baekhyun against the doorframe. Baekhyun hummed comfortably in response.

 

“Not sure,” Baekhyun replied pulling Chanyeol in an embrace, before leaving the bathroom to saunter towards the living room.

 

“We’ve to sit down and talk about the offer we’d received yesterday, remember?” Chanyeol recalled briefly as he followed in his husband’s steps, he was clothed in his sweatpants only leaving his upperside bare. Baekhyun grabbed an apple in the bowl placed in the middle of the counter.

 

“Yeah, we’ll discuss it all tonight. Does that sound like a great idea?” Baekhyun replied, as he dug his teeth in the apple, cursing silently as a piece of the fruit was stuck between his teeth. Chanyeol laughed at the sight of Baekhyun struggling to remove the piece of fruit from his teeth.

 

“Yeah. I’ve got a long day of work ahead of me, and so do you. Who’s picking you up or are you supposed to drive yourself to the studios?” Chanyeol walked into the kitchen, standing right behind Baekhyun as he clamped his arms around his lover’s waist, placing his head on Baekhyun’s shoulder.

 

“You shouldn’t be driving on your own this early in the morning, it’s dangerous.” Baekhyun didn’t receive the opportunity to respond to Chanyeol’s probing question, he caressed the skin of his husband’s arms before replying with a soft no.

 

“Junmyeon is picking me up in ten, no worries honey.” Baekhyun responded softly, as he turned his head to the side, eyeing his husband’s tiring expression.

 

“You should go back to bed, really. It’s early and just like you said, you’ve a long day ahead of you. Use these last hours wisely and get some more needed sleep, yeah? We’ll talk about the offer later this afternoon or evening, it depends but get back to bed.” Baekhyun retreated from Chanyeol’s hold as he went further into the kitchen to wash his hands at the sink, he dried his hands off with a towel at the side. Chanyeol kept staring at his lover as he prepared for work, a tiny smile lingering at the corner of his lips, he was very blessed indeed.

 

“You’re still here?” Baekhyun asked as he turned around, gasping afterwards, hand shooting up in front of his opened mouth. His eyes were teasingly sparkling in the lightening the kitchen provided. Chanyeol rolled his eyes with a tiny smile covering his lips, he nodded bashfully.

 

“Yeah,” Chanyeol added, before shaking his head and returning to their bedroom after he heard the continuous knocks at the front door, meaning Junmyeon must’ve arrived as the ten minutes had already gone by. Baekhyun waved his husband goodbye before leaving the livingroom.

 

-

 

Chanyeol ended up spending another hour in bed before preparing himself for work, he dressed himself in a neat black suit, with his hair slicked back. He left through the front door to retrieve his vehicle from the garage. The duration of the drive was at least thirty minutes, he greeted the employees on their way to their office as he passed the foyer onto the elevator which brought him to the fifteenth level where his office resided. His quick steps were heard through the corridors as he arrived on the rightful level, he greeted  Krystal with a small smile who was standing behind the reception desk, conversing on the earpiece receptionists used when they received an incoming call. Krystal returned a gleeful smile as Chanyeol rounded the corner, he walked a little further until he stood in front of his closed office. He retrieved a special pass from the pocket of his black trousers, inserting it in the electronic device against the wall beside the doors. The electric device glowed green after two seconds of waiting, Chanyeol pushed the door open, the lights automatically, sensing the presence of someone. Chanyeol set his bags beside his desk, before opening up the blinds to let a stream of light inside. A knock sounded outside of his office, distracting Chanyeol from the blinding view.

 

“Come in,” Krystal walked in, with a stack of papers placed in her hands.

 

“Mr. Park, you’ve received a message from two European lawyers, requesting for a meeting in Seoul.” Chanyeol turns around fully now, Krystal walks further into the office and sets the stack of papers on the desk.

 

“It’s about the case in Manchester, you decided London could take it over.” Chanyeol massages his temple as he tries to recall any notable cases from the United Kingdom.

 

“This one is about a divorcement between two significant British celebrities.” Chanyeol nodded, recalling the case just now.

 

“The lawyers demanded to speak with you, they would be arriving this upcoming Saturday and requested to meet with you the following Monday.”

 

“Do I’ve any important appointment scheduled this upcoming Monday?”

 

“I’ve looked into it, you might’ve another applicant who’s willing to be interviewed this upcoming Monday for the function of personal assistant.”

 

“Good. The interview with Do Kyungsoo takes place in two days, right?” Krystal nodded.

 

“Plan the meeting this upcoming Monday and contact the lawyers and inform them of the time.”

 

“Will do, sir.” Krystal left after that, her heels clicking against the glass floor of his office. Chanyeol sat down, wondering how long this day would last.

 

-

 

Baekhyun was seated in a meeting room amongst other celebrities at the building of the SBS headquarters. It was still very early as Baekhyun yawned tiredly, covering his mouth with his hand as his eyes traced the room. Everyone was prepared for the last script reading of the upcoming SBS drama Scarlet Heart Ryeo, Baekhyun was leani

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter