Whirling

Violet Love Sonata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Emi POV

He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me towards him. “You’re still my mine, you’re still my woman!” He exclaimed. Before I knew it, he was kissing me. His right hand wrapped around my waist, his left hand on my neck.

I was having an internal battle. I wanted to enjoy the moment, I wanted to be carried away by the pleasure of feeling his lips, of forgetting everything that’s happened. I placed my hands on his chest, moving them up to his shoulders. I knew if lock my arms around his neck, nothing else could be done. I’d be his again, for sure.

I aimed my every strength into my hands and I pushed him away. I was breathing heavily. “A stolen kiss doesn’t change anything.” I said and walked away.

“It’s not stolen if you enjoyed it!” He exclaimed.  

I quickly exited the building. I may want to destroy him, but it appears that this might be a double-edged sword. If I’m not careful, I’ll end up on his bed again. And for my pride I can’t let that happen.   

I remembered his words: “Stop lying. I didn’t send you anything.” What if he really didn’t send the papers? I shook my head. “Don’t believe him. He probably just lied to get what he wants.”

 

I was closing the door of my apartment when my phone started ringing.

“Hello, Ari.” I answered.

“Sajangnim, sorry for calling you this late. But, you have an early appointment tomorrow.” She said.

“With whom?”

“With a possible buyer.”

“Who is he?”

“A young Chaebol. He didn’t want to give me the name for his group. The Director of Finance interviewed him and he passed his filter.”

I bit my inner lip. “Ok. What time?”

“8 AM”

“I’ll be there.” I said and hung up.

I went to bed right away. I couldn’t sleep. I laid down on my stomach and stared at the balcony. “What if he didn’t ask for the divorce?” I sighed. “Stop think about it. After Paris, I’ll be dumb if I ever fall into his games again. Maybe I should just leave and forget about this stupid revenge, for I feel I’ll be the one trapped and the biggest loser in all this.”

 

I arrived very early the next day. I was watching the city landscape with my arms crossed. “I will miss this view.” I thought.

I heard screams... Screams you would hear in a concert. I quickly walked outside. I gasped. “Ji Yong.” Ari was standing in front of him.

“Miss Haro Sajangnim has a meeting right now.” She said.

He smirked. “I’m the one she’s expecting. We have a meeting scheduled for 8 AM.” Everyone in the office was standing up, staring at him. Even the male employees were totally mesmerized by seeing Ji Yong standing in the middle of our office.

I had my eyes wide-opened. Ari looked at me, asking me with her eyes what she should do.  I looked at Ji Yong again, he was smiling. Obviously, he was enjoying the chaos that he just created.

I got my act together and smiled: “Welcome, Mr. Kwon.” I said and walked towards him, as I reached him, I bowed. He looked at me a little bit surprised. He bowed his head. I pointed to the front towards my office. We started walking. He opened the door for Ari and I.

“I like your office.” He said while looking around. He walked to the living area and turned to look at me. I started to get nervous.

“Should I bring something for you to drink?” Ari asked.

“No. He won’t be staying long.” I said. “You can leave.” Ari walked to the door.

 Ji Yong stared at her. “Please close the door, it’ll be better if you lock it.” He smirked. I flinched after hearing his innuendo.

I heard the door closing. “What are you doing here?” I asked, mortified.

“What do you think I’m here for?” He started walking towards me.

“Stop.” I said and held up my hands. He didn’t stop, he stood in front of me. We locked eyes for a brief moment before I looked down.

He started walking again and sat on a chair in front of my desk. “I’m here to buy your company.” He said.

“What?” I asked more puzzled than before.

“I met your Directors, I met some of your Investors, they agree with me and they say I should be the new owner of your company.” He leaned on his chair.

I walked to the opposite side of the desk. “You’re kidding, right?”

“Why else would I be here?” He slightly shook his head.

“I thought…” He interrupted me. “Oh! You thought I was here because of you?”

 “I- I. Of course, not.” I sat on my chair, the moment he mentioned my company I suppressed my feelings and I started attacking him with questions. “How do you see Dramafy five years from now? Do you think work-life balance is important? What would be the first thing you would do as the owner of the company? Would you reduce the staff? What would you like to accomplish in long-term?” No matter what I asked, he nailed every question. What you need to know about Ji Yong is although, he’s a celebrity, he’s really good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter