You and I

Violet Love Sonata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ji Yong POV

I took another deep breath and started reading out loud: “Probability of paternity: 0%” My heart shrunk.  “I knew it. I knew it. I just knew it… Is this really mine?” I quickly looked at the top of the page. My name was clearly there. “Why are you so shocked? Isn’t this what you wanted? Isn’t this what you’ve been praying for? To avoid anything that could tie you to her? Now you’re free! Free! FREE!” I started laughing out loud.

“Wow! This feels amazing!” I shouted as the adrenaline was filling every part of my body. I started jumping all over the living room while laughing and screaming. I could feel the vibrations of my phone. I took it out of my pocket. “Oh! Young Bae, what’s up?” I answered while I laughed.

“Ji Yongie? Are you okay? I’m heading to your apartment. Did you open the results?” He rapidly asked back.

“I did!” I exclaimed with a cheery tone.

I could hear Young Bae laughing. “So it’s yours! Wah! I’ll be an uncle! It’s definitely yours… otherwise you wouldn’t be this happy.”

“Au contraire!” I said. As I was trying to jump from one sofa to another, I slipped and fell to the ground.

“!” I shouted.

“Ji Yong? What’s happened? Are you okay?” Young Bae worriedly asked.

“!” I shouted again.

“Ji Yong!” He exclaimed.

I picked up the phone. “I fell off the ing couch! ! A million times !”

“Why are you getting so angry about it? Are you hurt?”

“It ing hurts like hell!” I shouted again. It hurts. My body was fine. But my ing heart was crumbling inside of me. Before I knew it, tears started to fall. I tried to pretend that I didn’t care. That this makes me happy. But the truth is that nothing in my life has hurt as this. Nothing has been so painful than this.

Soon after, I was bawling my eyes out. “It’s not mine!” I exclaimed and threw the phone to the ground. I started punching a cushion that was in front of me. 

I felt so helpless, so confused. How come we ended this way? Why did we have to end like this? When did our paths get separated? This doesn’t make sense! How come he took everything that was mine? How come I’m the one that have to learn to live without her? When will this stop hurting? When? When?

I could hear someone calling my name from far away. I looked at Young Bae; he was crouching in front of me.  I didn’t even noticed when he arrived.

“Ji Yong, get it together!” He was saying in slow motion. I couldn’t stop crying. He hugged me and I continue feeling the excruciating pain of knowing this was the end for us.

 

The day after

My alarm clock was buzzing. I quickly turned it off and opened my eyes. I laid on the left side of my body. “It was 5AM when I went to bed, that means I just slept 3 hours.”  Everything was dark, I debated for a couple of minutes whether to open the curtains or not. “ it! I’m not getting up today.” This was the first time I didn’t follow my routine. “0%” Kept repeating in my head. I violently scratched my head. “It doesn’t make sense!” I shouted. Seconds later someone opened the door.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Daesung asked. He was worried.

I frowned. “What are you doing here?” I sat on the bed.

“Young Bae Hyung had to leave because he has a schedule right now.”

I stood up and walked out of the room. Daesung followed me. I entered the kitchen and scanned the place with my eyes.

“Do you want something to eat?” Daesung asked. “I can cook something for you. Or if you want we can order something from your favorite restaurant.” He continued.

I walked towards the refrigerator and opened it. I pulled out a six-pack and a bottle of wine.

As I was walking to my room and opening a beer, Daesung exclaimed: “Wah! Hyung it’s 8 AM! I don’t think it’s such a great idea to drink so early in the day.” He was following me again.

I entered my room; Daesung was about to enter when I turned around. “I want to be alone.” He froze. “Just leave.” I said before closing the door.

 

Two days after

I frowned with my eyes closed as I felt the sunshine hitting my face. “What are you doing?” I shouted.

“You need to wake up! Daesung said you didn’t eat yesterday. Wah! Look at this mess!”  I recognized TOP’s voice. I opened my eyes. He was picking up the empty beer cans from the floor. I turned around on the bed. “Get a shower and let’s go have breakfast.” He said. I covered my head with the comforter. He pulled it off.

“Leave me alone!” I shouted while hiding between the sheets.

He didn’t say anything for a while; he probably was about to lose it. I’ve never shouted to him before.  “I won’t get mad. I’ll be in the living room with Nan Gook Hyung till noon. Young Bae will be here by that time.” I heard as he closed the door. I closed the curtains and opened my eyes in the dark. “0%... I just want to be alone!”

 

“Ji Yong? Ji Yong?” I could hear someone whispering.

“What?” I asked after waking up.

“You really need to eat something.” He was standing with a bowl in his hands. It smelled lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter