Second Glance

Of Emotional Cons

|Second Glance|

Sunghee would admit she took longer than necessary getting ready for their… meeting. Debating on whether to wear her hair up or down, would she be assuming too much wearing a little more make up or was it better to go with less, was her dress too much for the café?

 

It wasn’t a date. She understood that as much as her actions contradicted it, but she’d be lying if she said she hadn’t been anticipating his call. Hadn’t been hoping he would call. Even if it was just him referring her to another job like he’d promised, she wanted to see him again.

 

It’s okay to be nervous, he’s handsome after all. She assured herself that her state of mind was completely plausible. Just as long as you know to not expect anything, the more rational side of her added, so she wouldn't get ahead of herself.

 

Her teeth worried her bottom lip as she took a moment to compose herself, then pushed open the café door and searched the room for him.

 

“Chun Sunghee-ssi!” she heard him call from somewhere in the back. The patrons were too busy with their own companions to care about his loud call, but she found him easily as he waved her over.

 

Those eyes on her still had the same effect as they did the first time she’d looked into them; butterflies flew crazily in her stomach and her palms were sweater than they’d ever been clutching her hand bag strap. But somehow, her legs managed to make it to his table with a convincing smile pulling at her lips. “Yang Jungdo-ssi, I hope you haven’t been waiting long?” sliding into the chair he’d pulled out for her.

 

“Uh…no, I just got here,” he replied with a small smile. “Would you like coffee, tea or juice?”

 

It was a question he’d asked before, “Green tea’s fine.” She was secretly glad he didn’t seem to be in a rush to discuss job prospects.

 

And yes, it still wasn’t a date.


Author’s Note:  Comments would be lovely and greatly wanted, helps me know what you think. Constructive Criticisms is welcomed, because it helps me improve. Flames … “to each, his own” 

 

The plotline and story is mine. Please do not repost, copy, translate anywhere and plagiarism is a bad thing.

.