5. part

A little thing called love / Only the greatest love ever

5.

I woke up with a massive headache. The feeling was as if somebody was bashing my head in with a chainsaw. I peaked around the room and noticed it was barely daytime. Why am I up so early? I got out of bed and drag myself to the bathroom because my bladder reached its limit. I almost dozed off right there on the toilet and I would have if it weren't for loud neighbors. Jerks. But why so loud so early in the morning? I flush the toilet and wash my hands. I leave the bathroom not bothering to dry my hands so water drips all over the floor. I glance at the mirror on the closet before I exit and almost barf. I look like a scarecrow. My mascara was down to my knees probably and lipstick was giving me a nice Joker look. I turn on my heel and head back to the bathroom. I wash my teeth and rub my face. At least now I got a natural blush. Maybe too much blush. I leave the bathroom for the second time and head to the balcony. I look over to Ji Chi's place. Ji Chi? What the was that about? He and his manager are sitting outside playing some card game I didn't recognize.

''Tone it down a little it's early.''-I say to them. Ji Chi turns and laughs.

''Sleeping beauty is awake.''-he says looking over his shoulder. His beauty remark gave me goosebumps. ''For the record, it's not early, it's late.''-he sad pointing at his watch. I stare at him. No way! I look inside on the clock and it really was late. It was almost nine. How is that possible? Why didn't mom wake me up? Where is she?

''Your mom is at the market.''-Ji Chi's manager said. I look at them again.

''Nice woman. Even though I get a feeling she is not particularly fond of asian people.''-Ji Chi said.

''She isn't. She is so racist I wonder if I really came from that womb.''-I say.

''And you like asian people?''-he asked. I raised my brow.

''Yeah, why not.''-I say shrugging.

''Which asians in particular?''-he asked over his shoulder.

''Why?''-I ask.

''Just asking?''-he said.

''I am fond of Koreans.''-I say. He nods approvingly.

''Good choice.''-he said.

''I know.''-I say. ''By the way.. what's your name?''-I ask the manager. He looks at me and smiles a bit.

''Hyun Woo.''-he said.

''Nice to meet you, I am Hanna.''-I say.

''Hanna..''-Ji Chi says and I realize I never actually told him my name.

''Do you wanna join us?''-Hyun Woo asked.

''No she doesn't. And we need to go.''-Ji Chi said.

''Where?''-Hyun Woo asked. Bless this guy. So innocent.

''That's the sign Hyun Woo. I am not wanted.''-I say and he looks at me apologetically. ''Don't worry. I am not -hurt over celebrity rejections.''-I say and leave the balcony when Ji Chi started to turn. My stomach rumbled and I went for the fridge. After I emptied out myself yesterday... he did not? He held my hair. Why was he there in the first place? Maybe I only saw him for a moment and mistook him for helping me. Yeah, that must be it. My phone rang with the song Lucky One from EXO and I immediately fin myself doing the head dance, I almost forget to answer it.

''Helloooooo.''-I answer.

''Wow, don't do that again.''-my best friend said. ''What's up at the ocean side? Any merman lookin for a fine city lady?''-she asked and I chuckle. I pull out a sandwich from the fridge I made yesterday and unwrap it.

''Trust me, if there was, I would be a city lady he would get.''-I say biting in the ham and cheese. Delicious.

''Oh come on, there must be something. What's up with your romancing spirit?''-she asked.

''Well it works just as much as yours does.''-I say.

''True, true. Well things here are just fine thanks for asking.''-she said.

''I didn't have a chance to.''-I say.

''Excuses excuses.''-she blabs.

''Shut up, you're the one who kept talking about love.''-I say and she giggles.

''Never mind that, when are you coming home?''-she asked.

''Not for at least two weeks.''-I say and she sighs.

''You .''-she said.

''Well you can come over.''-I say for the billionth time.

''You know I wont stay without paying you and I just don't have the money. Maybe us two can do something for a two day kind of thing.''-she said.

''Sure. It would be awesome. I really wanna go to Vienna again though.''-I say.

''Shut up, tell me about it. I wanna cry how much I miss Vienna.''-she whines. I step out on the balcony again to peek if my mother is close.

''Just when I got used to it we had to leave. Prague was awesome.''-I say. ''Imagine Busan.''-I say. We had a thing for Busan. Name a place, it's there. We didn't know why, but we loved it.

''Oh my god yes. In my dreams. That is expensive. I think my funeral costs less.''-she says and I laugh.

''I like Busan too.''-Ji Chi said from his balcony.

''Who's that?''-she asked. Ear like an elephant.

''Nobody. Some random guy next door.''-I say loudly for him to hear.

''Oookay.. well is he cute?''-she asked. I smirk.

''Oh he is anything BUT cute.''-I say. He turns around. Well I didn't lie. He was y and handsome and you know... a god. But not cute.

''I have a weird feeling you're not telling me something.''-she said.

''Mona let it go.''-I say.

''If you say so.''-she said.

''Nice to meet you Mona.''-he yelled in korean and I shot him a look.

''You. Little. .''-I heard on the other line. ''He is korean!''-she yelled and I had to distance my ear from the phone.

''Yeah so? He is a jerk. Don't let it bother you.''-I say.

''She is lying! I am a super nice guy.''-he said leaning in on the side of his balcony towards me.

''He is a super douche guy.''-I say.

''What's going on with you two?''-she asked.

''Absolutely nothing.''-I say. Why do I feel like I am lying?

''You sure?''-she asked.

''Yes!''-I yell in frustration even he flinched.

''Don't worry Mona she is just cranky because she got tampons all over the street.''-he said looking proud at what he said.

''Oh em gee.''-I heard her squeal.

''Bye Mona.''-I say and hang up. I turned to him and he ducked behind his balcony railing. What a kid. ''If I didn't like my phone so much it would be smashing in your head.''-I say and he peeks out.

''That's the thanks I get for taking care of you last night.''-he said.

''What care?''-I ask.

''I held your hair while you threw up! And walked you home.''-he said. Really? Did he?

''Okay so what?''-I ask temporarily thrown off.

''So a thank you would be good.''-he said getting up finally.

''Thanks.''-I mumble. He cocked his head. He looked like a bunny. Maybe he was a but cute after all.

''Sorry didn't catch that.''-he said. er.

''Thanks.''-I repeat more loudly.

''What?''-he asked again.

''Oh hop off stupid bunny.''-I say and leave the balcony.

''Bunny?''-I hear his voice repeat. I hear my mothers voice from the yard.

''Hey boy, what you doin'?''-I roll my eyes.

''Hey mom, just talking to your lovely daughter.''-he says and my stomach rolls. Mom?

''Is she up?''-mom asked.

''Yeah, she thought it was early and told us to be quiet.''-Ji Chi laughed.

''She can be kind of stupid don't worry.''-mom said and I want to throw a brick at her.

''It's all part of her charm.''-he says. Charm my .

''I guess. See you later Korea.''-mom said. Probably couldn't remember his name.

''Bye bye.''-he said.

Few minutes later mom walked in with the bags and looked at me expectingly.

''What? I can be kind of stupid so you have to tell me.''-I say from the bed.

''Hanna... I say it because I love you.''-she said. ''Now help me with these.''-she said.

''No. Why are you even talking to him?''-I ask.

''Why not? He is nice.''-she said. I roll my eyes.

''Mom, you don't like asians.''-I say.

''Well maybe I make an exception. Help me.''-she says and I got up and took the bags from her. They weren't even that heavy.

''There are literally millions of Koreans who are way nicer and you fall for him.''-I say huffing and shoving the food into the fridge.

''I don't know what got into you two but I don't see the point.''-she said.

''Well how the would I know?''-I say frustrated. ''He was born a douche.''-I say.

''He seems nice to me.''-she mumbled.

''Stop it. And please don't talk about me again.''-I say.

''Fine.''-she said and disappeared into the bathroom. Sometimes she is more of a teenager than I am.

I was determined to stay inside for the rest of the night watching a drama I missed out on. I was watching Falling for innocence for about a week now. And I never watch a drama that long because I marathon them in one night. But I just don't have the time. It was going very well and I managed to withstand the heat for maybe an hour or so. Then I snapped and went on the balcony. Sweat was rolling down my forehead. Mom didn't want to turn on the fan because her neck would pinched. It was hell. I took my laptop and set it on the table on the balcony. Ji Chis balcony was dark so I sighed with relief. No interruptions this time. I press play and got deep into drama. Well, when I get into it I tend to talk to myself a lot. Curse the characters and directors or explaining the plot to myself. Even in korean. Like 75% I say is in Korean. I was in the middle of a well known curse when I heard a laugh. My eyes snapped to the darkness on his balcony and I could barely see his shadow standing there.

''What a freak.''-I say.

''Oh I'm a freak? What's up with that korean? You're actually pretty good.''-he said clapping slowly. He moved a bit so the street light lit his face a bit. He was smiling.

''Why are you listening in the first place? In the dark?''-I ask pointing my finger at him.

''I was bored. I came to get some air because it's damn hot in there and there you were. In full rage, cursing in korean.''-he said and laughed again.

''I just get into it too much. Don't be a stalker. Not cool.''-I say.

''Sorry. What are you watching?''-he asked.

''Falling for innocence.''-I say. He nods.

''Kim So Yeon.''-he said. ''And Jung Kyung Ho right?''-he asked.

''Yeah.''-I say.

''What is your favorite one?''-he asked.

''I don't know, it keeps changing. I kind of like Cheese in the trap currently. But my favorite one was Faith, for a long time.''-I say.

''Ah Lee Minho. I like that one too. Why does it change?''-he asked.

''Depends on my mood. And I can't just compare some dramas because they are not comparable or made in the same quality. And I can't compare a history drama and a modern melodrama. It's just not the same.''-I say. He looked impressed.

''I think that way too.''-he said.

''Chang Wook you got a call.''-Hyun Woo said from inside and Ji Chi turned to go.

''Ji Chi.''-I call him and he stops and turns. ''Last week Healer was on the top of my list. Maybe still is.''-I say. He looked at me for a second than smiled. He smiled like a drug. You became addicted to seeing that kind of smile.

''Thanks.''-he said and went inside. I stared at the spot he was standing on. I was so confused and convinced he was bipolar or something. There is no way this could be the same person. His mood swings were just so... odd. I was on a constant verge of liking him. And I couldn't balance myself anymore. I look at my screen again and see I missed more than ten minutes of the drama and I had no idea whats going on.

''Crap.''-I say and start to rewind.