Paper Cranes (August, 18th 2016)

30 Days with TODAE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

prompt: thousand

“Hyung!”

 

A boy ran to a room in a hospital and then went straight to the side of the bed’s rail. His right hand held an older boy’s hand and the other one was hidden behind his back.

 

“I brought something for you, Seunghyun Hyung,” the boy smiled so bright. His heart was beating so fast in excitement when he thought about the precious thing he brought.

 

“Really?” the older kid’s eyes got bigger, “what is that?” He tried to peek, but the younger was fast, showing off the paper cranes.

 

“I made one hundred of paper cranes for you. The other one hundred were made by Jiyong Hyung, Bae Hyung and Seunghyunnie. But it’s not enough. Still eight hundred to go if I want my wish come true. I will ask the Noonas to help us!”

 

“Thanks Daesung-ah,” the older boy named Seunghyun looked at the colorful cranes. “It’s beautiful…” he trailed the wings of the paper cranes with the tip of his fingers.

 

“I hope you will get well soon, Seunghyun Hyung. So we will go to amusement park together in summer,”

 

“I hope so,” said Seunghyun.

 

They held each other’s hands, hoping the day to go to amusement park together would come soon.

 

 

**

 

What Daesung didn’t know was that his Seunghyun was already in critical state and nothing could heal him anymore. His mother hid the cremation process to keep the little boy from crying his heart out.

 

Daesung smiled when his mother said that they would visit Seunghyun. But then he kept his confusion when they went to the other direction, not the usual route they took other bus.

 

“Eomma? Where a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter