Prolougue: Genesis of the Hosts

Children of Grave
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Earth – for the past eons, was the cradle of diverse lives coexisting into an unwritten law of harmony. Dragons, humans, vampires and even gods roam the face of the planet.

 

Human race is considered below other creatures – extremely volatile instinct, impermanency of life, impervious to many diseases, despite all flaws, they successfully proliferate – thriving more so than other beings. Their multitude exploded into the legions, outnumbering any species.

 

As the human population grew exponentially, so does their necessity. Directly or indirectly, they violated other genus leading to reduced count or even a race’s total demise. They trampled elves, harvesting their mana, until the can no longer practice their gift of magic. They harvested unicorn horns, for what? – for whimsy, other species couldn’t tell, even other humans couldn’t tell, either. If there’s one vintage of sentience unaffected by the humans, it would be the vampires.

 

Human thought that they were the closest image of god. Their haughtiness permeates their minds and imprints younger humans to believe the absurd propaganda. However, the apex of all beings was the vampirism. They lived hundreds of years, increased immunity and holds discipline in every aspect. Yes they fed on human blood but humanity is not their survival, they are supplements of colossal strength. They eat what humans do. They only submit to bloodlust when triggered of death. Their discipline and etiquette evolved into something more noble. The vampires can now attain such physical power – though less potent, with just animal blood. They were elegant. Even in quenching their thirst for crimson blood of humans, they do not fully drain their body lifeless just as sip to dampen the demons within. They aspire peace and unity.

 

The humans’ inept narcissistic idealism continues to transmogrify into a more grieving, self-serving avarice. Where as their individual prowess were feeble, their shear number, intensified with horrid aggression. They wage war among vampires. Vampires did not immediately retaliate. They humble themselves, believing that there’s no good in what human seek. War would only instill hatred not only between the two races but other co-inhabitants of Earth. Children would grow fatherless. Mothers would be burden with restlessness. The Earth will fall into a somber darkness.

 

They tried to bargain. It seems that peace talk will bring forth a tranquil resolution. But when all things seem to be working, the first blood has been spilled. It wasn’t a human blood. It’s the vampire’s. Vampires were never slain with puny human weapons. Blood would gush but vampire hearts never ceases. They only know of natural death bye age and burst total willingness to embrace the eternal sleep. But for the first time they, the world witnessed a vampire fall dead by humans.

 

So the humans had walked the path of the ungodly. Their creativity already transcended to destruction as the gave birth to the titanium ferrite – a substance made solely to cut a vampires life. It inspires confusion and panic among the vampires. They were no longer invulnerable.

 

The gods are fed with human insanity. They can will the entire human population away from the surface of universe, but they allow them second chance. Instead of obliterating the entire race, the equipped vampires with the capacity to bend nature to some degree – not fully like the deities but marvelous still, just to even the scale.

 

Demons don’t exist, at least on their own. They attached themselves on other creatures – fed on them, and end them. It seems like the some of vampires abused the gifts of the gods. They let their hunger consumed them as they never felt this unstoppable before. With their newfound strength, they also found a new problem. Humans were already subdued but the vampires uprising turned twisted as they strike fear.

 

The gods were crestfallen. They new the risk that creating a world with sentience and free will but they opted to weave this reality because of faith, that whatever they may create they would find what really constitutes them. They were proven wrong; the cries of infants were unbearable. They were about to wipe out this universe and return to clean slate but they halted.

In the middle of the bloodbath, a human and a vampire have risen up and declare their love not only unto each other, but also the love of all that represents life. Many, both humans and vampires oppose, but it’s difficult to contradict.  The human was none other than their Queen and her soon-to-be consort was the vampire’s King. Their affections to their subjects were admirable. Both royal and both are servants of their people.

 

Soon their unity was celebrated and the war has ended. Their love is the absolute symbol of harmony. The marriage was prosperous for the first fifty-years. The union brought the calm. But it seems that the calm is temporal. The Queen’s health is declining. Many speculate this would come as human is more frail. The news brewed trouble to the humans. They fear that if the Queen dies, the human would not be duly represented.

 

The King offered a solution – to convert their beloved Queen into a vampire, extending her life, their love and the world’s peace. The King’s idea was pure, he too feared that his beloved wife would wither and he would stay for more years alone, but some humans wanted the world to burn. Rumors of the conversion of the Queen would never do good since she will be reborn as a vampire – still no human to represent their entirety.

 

 

The Queen’s last day draws closer. The couple was in their chamber, in their bed. The King’s face was still radiant with youth, while the Queen’s were graced with age lines. In spite that, the King lovingly stares at her sleeping figure. Her body is tired, breaths are uneven but the spiritual calmness was obvious and apparent in the way her eyes are closed.

 

The calmness however descended as the Queen was already holding her last wind. It inflicts a sense of longing upon the King. The King tried so much to preserve his wife’s dying wish – to stay human. But he falters, he abandon the duty of a king and a husband and let the lover in him act. He draws his fangs, sunk his teeth in her neck and tried to inject life in her dying body in an attempt to restore his dearest. He poured all his emotions. He wanted more moment to share with her. He desired more years of laughter, sorrows, learning and loving with only her.

 

Their subjects entered the chamber and behold the sight of the King. They shot him mercilessly, claiming his life on the spot. The incomplete transfiguration of the Queen did not alleviate her from death as she falls for the perpetual slumber.

 

The news of the Queen’s death spread like wildfire – but contorted. The news bear that the cause of her fall was her husband, the King’s insatiable bloodlust.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter