A Last-Minute Confession

Confessions Lately (Christmas Stories & Drabbles)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

o2 | A Last-Minute Confession ♥
feat. Myungsoo a.k.a L (Infinite) x Jung Eunhye
Minors: Hoya, Ji Ae (from Mnet Reality Show "You Are My Oppa") and the rest of the Infinite members

Love you
The fluttering wishes
The confession that I never made
I will visit you in the white snow and tell you
I will tell you while looking at your eyes
The love that remains in me
I wanna give it to you now

I plodded through the thick snow. The air was cold, perfect for a lonely night. Myungsoo had spent every Christmas with me. We were best friends – at least to him we were. I loved him. Every year I would muster up the courage to confess to him only to fail, tongue-tied and captivated when I saw him. At least he still stayed over every Christmas then.

“But not this year…” I mumbled to myself, looking down to hide the tears that threatened to fall as I walked to the café. The scene I saw before kept replaying in my head.

“I have always noticed you. Your strength, your ability to smile even in trying situations. I would always think of you even when I didn’t want to. I would miss your laughter, your eyes that shone whenever I bought you ice-cream, and even your look when you’re angry at me. When you cry, I would always hold you, hoping that I could bring you a little comfort. But that’s not enough for me now. I want to always be there for you – to protect you and… to love you. Would you… Can you give me the chance to?”

Cheers could be heard. I saw Myungsoo facing Ji Ae, confessing to her in front of the other Infinite members. I’ve always liked her for treating Infinite Oppas so nicely and caring for them, but at that point of time, I could have hated her. I felt jealousy blurring my eyes so I ran off, hurt and confused. I was happy he found someone who he loved, but it killed me inside. My heart was always with him, and what was left was just enough for me to hurt.

The snow was falling heavily. I felt cold and empty within even though the café was warm and cosy. This was Myungsoo’s favourite café. We always shared the ice-cream set for couples here. Coming here always brought me joy and happiness, but without Myungsoo, even the biggest tub of ice-cream couldn’t cheer me up. Memories flooded my mind as tears spilled out of my eyes. I didn’t care if people were watching; all I thought about was him. Only him.

“Yah! Kim Myungsoo! Don’t spin it so quiicckkkllllyyyyy!!!” He turned a deaf ear to my pleas and spun it faster.

We were like toddlers, taking turns to spin each other as fast as we could on the merry-go-round. The children in the playground merely stared at us weirdly, some even pouting as they had not had a turn at the merry-go-round since Myungsoo and I came.

“Noona…” I was going to spin Myungsoo when felt something tug the hem of my shirt. “Don’t spoil the binggeul binggeul please?”

Chuckling, Myungsoo got off the merry-go-round. He ruffled the little boy’s hair gently.

“Oh, so you call it binggeul binggeul? Don’t worry, I won’t let that noona spoil it okay?”

I was going to come up with a witty rebuttal when Myungsoo squatted in front of the child and shot an elfin grin.

He reached into his pocket. “A lollipop for you! I’m going to bring this noona away now.”

I froze there, my heart in my thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter